Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When I saw the Rotor Star engine I thought it would be perfect for porting and experimenting on different methods to power. If the engine runs then it will be good enough, the bore alone should give you enough torque for most maneuvers.

I fly my nitro very aggressive and I am at 4000ft msl, so I have lost a lot of power yet it still pulls 13 degrees pitch (YS-56).

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 04:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHolland View Post
When I saw the Rotor Star engine I thought it would be perfect for porting and experimenting on different methods to power. If the engine runs then it will be good enough, the bore alone should give you enough torque for most maneuvers.

I fly my nitro very aggressive and I am at 4000ft msl, so I have lost a lot of power yet it still pulls 13 degrees pitch (YS-56).
Good well you should buy rotor star engine fly it as is tell us about it then port and let us know. I'm not to experience with nitro.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

so not to put all the apples in one basket , and against my better judgement , I will tell you guys about a "project" ive come across with this engine , seems that if its ported , with aftermarket bearings, and a 3 needle carb ( carb plate converson attachement custom made) , that this engine is as good if not better than most out there, ,, ive seen this engine in person , not running tho , wonder if its true , or just a guy washing up his botched engine job? either way , it got me thinking , and I think , with the right carb , this engine could be good for flying ,, ,, thing is, I don't want to invest the time and money to find out ,and the said guy from our field with this engine is in the service so he comes and goes so to speak ...
Old 02-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnj1985 View Post
so not to put all the apples in one basket , and against my better judgement , I will tell you guys about a "project" ive come across with this engine , seems that if its ported , with aftermarket bearings, and a 3 needle carb ( carb plate converson attachement custom made) , that this engine is as good if not better than most out there, ,, ive seen this engine in person , not running tho , wonder if its true , or just a guy washing up his botched engine job? either way , it got me thinking , and I think , with the right carb , this engine could be good for flying ,, ,, thing is, I don't want to invest the time and money to find out ,and the said guy from our field with this engine is in the service so he comes and goes so to speak ...
But really these people haven't even tried the engine as is. What if this engine doesn't need to be fixed? Before people fix the engine they should try it and see how it reacts. I should just hurry up finish my project before I leave to hk but being busy ahh sucks. But what so wrong with the carb? Carb looks better then os 50 hyper and that os 50 hyper doesn't need nothing extra. Why is you're friend engine in service?
Old 02-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think he did try the engine "as is " before he modded it out to what I saw it as , now this is not my co-worker ( I only wish for more info ) this a a member at my club ,hes a stand up guy who is in the service ( usa marines ) his engine is not in for service .,,, I think the 3 needle carb would have many benefits to it , providing your ok at tuning nitro engines,, he flys 3d ,so he needs power at all ranges in the engine,, I don't think a 2 needle can maximize that throttle band as well as a 3 needle,,, now as ive said before , if you are just flying around doing fig 8's and flips , and hovering ,, then im sure by al means this engine stock will do ya just fine ,
Old 06-30-2015, 02:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay guy's I have a problem here. I started the engine today well kindof it would not start until i have half throttle then once i have half throttle or more it does start. Meaning I think low end not receiving fuel. How much turns is the starting point where it does run for low end? How much turn on top end? Ty im frustrated. Oh and I'm runing nitro.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

i see you like most , have seen this to be more trouble than its worth... altho before i can help you get this bad boy running, im gonna need to know , what glow plug your using,,what % nitro you are using , and what are your needle settings ?
Old 07-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

or better yet , heres is a manual for this engine

http://www.go-engine.com/download.asp?darea=4&dcat=15
Old 07-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i see you like most , have seen this to be more trouble than its worth... altho before i can help you get this bad boy running, im gonna need to know , what glow plug your using,,what % nitro you are using , and what are your needle settings ?
I'm runing powermaster 15 percent. But low end needles was set close to close i rich it up it ran but it was to lean and well completly locked my clutch shoe but got it runing now have to rich the low end more im waiting for my parts for the helicopter. By the way there is nooooooo manual for this engine. I check the link you posted. And checked before. Plug I have no idea its the one very simular to #8 but it means nothing because I don't know the plug. Might be a #7
Old 07-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

umm did you read it? it states where the needles should be? altho its used in a car for the manual , the same applys,, after all. its a rebranded go engine
Old 07-06-2015, 04:15 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
umm did you read it? it states where the needles should be? altho its used in a car for the manual , the same applys,, after all. its a rebranded go engine
No never expect that the stroke the way it fire and how carb made the thickness of the needles the fuel and many more now if all the engine parts the same as car engine and same carb and such then yes that a good start up. But don't expect like if you get a os engine it is not going to be setup factory set all the same turn on all the os engine. No way no can do. But rough park could be helpful those settings. But I doubt it there will be extreme tuning. I get my parts in and will get it going then post my settings it also be different also with different helicopters, pipe, glo plug and many more.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

im just trying to point you in the right direction, imo the worst thing you can do is guess where the needles are set, but in any matter, good luck with your venture
Old 07-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

and since its a rebranded go engine , why not email them and ask what the heli glow engine start up settings are?
Old 07-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.go-engine.com/pdt_view.as...area=18&cat=39

looks the same meh?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where do you get spare parts for this engine..? Would like to buy one for my gasoline project, but cant find any spare parts supplier.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatjev View Post
Where do you get spare parts for this engine..? Would like to buy one for my gasoline project, but cant find any spare parts supplier.
Hi I do have basically new engine. Just started once anyway's It's on a Chaos 600 but I'm hurtting for money. Do u want it for 100 bucks shipped?
Old 07-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatjev View Post
Here some pic. U'll get with that muffler. It's a century muffler. I bet it's a perfect fit for it due to it's a good size engine.

Yes helicopter is for sale. 325 shipped receiver ready
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10933745_10206166806030017_7090160748560006385_n.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	663635   Click image for larger version

Name:	12523102_10208913380612665_88440502557979779_n.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	663636   Click image for larger version

Name:	12540718_10208913407173329_2452871267318970790_n.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	663637   Click image for larger version

Name:	1003605_10208913380772669_2054687718477859686_n.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	663638  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in