Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2016, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Still Luv My Fusion

The Fusion50 may be dead but I still fly mine as much as I can. I am working on Auto's and it autos really well. Most of my helis have tail belts and I can't auto them as well.So the Fusion still flies every weekend.Ya gotta luv it !!!!!!!!!
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm with you on that as well! Mine's on a little hiatus right now but will be returning soon. The model loves to auto!
Flown on Jeti DS-16, Brain2, RCHN #222
MKS Servos, Scorpion Tribunus, MSH P700, Synergy e5s, N5cTT
Dmaxison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got both of you beat, still flying the Outrage 550. Shame Outrage disappeared, sure liked the helis.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Totally agree. I love both my Fusion50s. One is configured as a 6S 550. The other is a 12S 600. They both fly like they're on rails.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you guys are still enjoying the Fusion. I decided a while back to hang mine on the wall. I have a very personal attachment to the heli as it took my from forward flight to on the deck 3D. Hell of a helicopter. I wanted it to remain in one piece. Plans are to make a ceiling fan with it for my hobby room.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just flew mine today. Forgot to strap the flight packs. Luckily I was doing a very mild front flight when they started sliding out. I had to perform an emergency auto from 15-20 ft (first time for me). It was a forward moving auto, and I even did the flare. Thank goodness for auto practice on the sim. The heli gently landed, I strapped the packs, & had fun the rest of the flight with a big smile.
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Love mine too, but grounded

Guys, I really enjoy flying my Fusion. It was my first flybarless and it flies much smoother than my other helis. But I stripped my last set of tail gears last month. I have spares of other parts, but no more tail gears. Any idea where I can get some or are there any gears from another manufacturer that fits the Fusion?

Fusion 50 FBL, HD Cell 500 FBL, Pantera 50 FBL, Tiger 50 MKII, Trex 450, Blade 350 QX
Futuba 9CHP w/Spektrum module, Scorpion, OS 50 hyper, AR7200BX, IKON
Gunner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Guys, I really enjoy flying my Fusion. It was my first flybarless and it flies much smoother than my other helis. But I stripped my last set of tail gears last month. I have spares of other parts, but no more tail gears. Any idea where I can get some or are there any gears from another manufacturer that fits the Fusion?
Unfortunately nothing is compatible with the front transmission gears. The tail box gears can be swapped with Align 600 gears. Some minor shimming may be necessary.

I started monkeying around with the front transmission gears a while back but lost interest. It was basically removing the Align umbrella gear and installing on the Fusion spur gear shaft. Some machining required. Send me a PM, I may have a set of front gears I can spare.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have some I can ship you. You pay shipping and they are yours. What ever Flat Rate priority is. $6.50 or something I think now.

I have some of the original white ones and I may have a decent set of the latest retrofit gears.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dmaxison, Michaelinpr,

Thanks for the info and thanks for the offer. My front gears are fine. And I have 1 spare set. I only need the rear gear set. So, Michaelinpr, I would love to have a couple of sets if you're willing to part with them. Tell me what I need to do to pay you. I have a Paypal account if we want to use that. This will be great. It will allow me to get my Fusion back in the air!!

Fusion 50 FBL, HD Cell 500 FBL, Pantera 50 FBL, Tiger 50 MKII, Trex 450, Blade 350 QX
Futuba 9CHP w/Spektrum module, Scorpion, OS 50 hyper, AR7200BX, IKON
Gunner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not flown my Fusion 50 in several years, due to the lack of parts availability. It was, and still is, an extremely good flying machine.

I have posted this before, but it amazes me that no on has picked up the tooling/rights to it. I don't think it would take much to correct the gear issues (something I never had a problem with) or upgrade it to a belt driven tail.

I am surprised that the successors to AleeS did not seize the opportunity (an already designed machine so similar to the Rush 750 in everything but parts quality).

Rush quality with the Fusion design would be very impressive indeed.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
I have not flown my Fusion 50 in several years, due to the lack of parts availability. It was, and still is, an extremely good flying machine.

I have posted this before, but it amazes me that no on has picked up the tooling/rights to it. I don't think it would take much to correct the gear issues (something I never had a problem with) or upgrade it to a belt driven tail.

I am surprised that the successors to AleeS did not seize the opportunity (an already designed machine so similar to the Rush 750 in everything but parts quality).

Rush quality with the Fusion design would be very impressive indeed.
I agree. I'm surprised a company like Lynx has created an O.E. parts solution for models that have become history.

Unfortunately this hobby doesn't see airframes lasting more than a few years before folks jump ship to the next best thing. Too volatile.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dmaxison,

Sad but true, sir.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Dmaxison, Michaelinpr,

Thanks for the info and thanks for the offer. My front gears are fine. And I have 1 spare set. I only need the rear gear set. So, Michaelinpr, I would love to have a couple of sets if you're willing to part with them. Tell me what I need to do to pay you. I have a Paypal account if we want to use that. This will be great. It will allow me to get my Fusion back in the air!!
Here is my offer. PM me your address, I will ship them, and the next oppurtunity you have to help someone do what you can for them. Pay it forward my friend.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post
Here is my offer. PM me your address, I will ship them, and the next oppurtunity you have to help someone do what you can for them. Pay it forward my friend.
True HeliFreak! :cool:
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's some info here for the rear tail box gears.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=607372
Old 02-17-2016, 08:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had amazing fun on this machine. Three years of some amazing fun.

Cheers.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew mine today in a 35km hr gusty wind, still going well & enjoying it.
people are starting to ask "what sort is it? never seen them before" going to a helli event in a couple of weeks, bet i'm the only one with a F50
rex09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2016, 11:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although she died a violent, spectacular death (), my Fusion will always be my "first girlfriend", and my entry into larger helis.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just like pctomlin, I am still flying the Outrage 550. I think we are the last two. I have enough spares to last decades and I use Raptor belts for the tail. Was sad to see Outrage go.
beltfedbrowning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in