Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14MZ Power problem on Channel 5

Hello,

I have had my radio for some time now. Actually since it first came available. I take very good care of my radio as well. Anyway Yesterday while just hovering my helicopter just diped forward. I was able to minimized the amount of damage to just the tail boom. After closer inspection after the crash I noticed that my elevator servo was the only servo that I could just trun freely with power on on the trans and receiver. I packed up and took things home.

When I got home I turned everything on and noticed that all controls except for elevator worked fine. The elevator servo was able to just turn with my hand as if it was getting no power to it. I cheked the wires and everything to make sure that it wasn't getting shorted out. I replaced it with another servo and still the same thing.

So at this point it wasn't a glitch but just that channel 5 wasn't getting any power to the servo from the receiver. Hmmmm, next I replaced the receiver crystal and still the same problem. Fine, I will just replace the receiver with another receiver. Wow, same problem. Now I'm completely confused because I have no idea what is going on. I can't say that it it the receiver or the servo's because I have replaced them both. The only thing is the Radio isn't sending a signal to channel 5. Very wierd!!!!!

This hasn't happened on the G3 receiver at all but I'm afraid to take the chance. Both previous receivers were 1028's. If anyone has any idea it would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

War
wargor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

"Hmmmm, next I replaced the receiver crystal and still the same problem"

The G3 does not have crystal its a synthesized receiver so I'm confused by your post.

Do you have a friends transmitter to use with your G3 receiver/servos to make sure they work ok? What do you see in the Servo monitor screen? Does the bar for channel 5 move when moving the right stick?

Sounds like something in the TX is not working or set correctly. Program up a new model and try testing again.

Chuckie
Chuckie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry if you were confused. The two 1028 receivers had the crystal replaced. The G3 receiver works fine. Either way the radio was sent in to Futaba today. We will see what they have to say. It's a friends radio so I'm interested to see what the issue is. I have two G3 receivers installed in both ships and I haven't had any issues. I also asked a few others with the radio here locally and they are wondering what's going on as well. Thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be sure to let everyone know what the problem was. Did you look at the servo test screen to see if it showed movement on that servo? Thanks for sharing.
Sam
Old 06-13-2005, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just a little information for next time, the crystal either works or it doesn't, there is no in-between so loosing ch 5 is not the fault of the crystal.

If you had a bad servo extension that would cause the channel not to work with two rx and servos.

Let us know what Futaba says.

Chuckie
Chuckie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know that changing the crystal makes no difference. We were just trying to rule everything out that we could. The receivers and servo's all worked fine. We replaced receivers and servo's with new ones and still got the same results. The only thing that we could come up with is that the transmitter wasn't sending a signal to that channel.

I posted here just to see if anyone had any other suggestions. As I said before he sent in in to Futaba today with all components, so we will see what they have to say. Hell, $2200 radio they better find something and fix it. Anyway thanks for your comments guys. Will keep you posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in