Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Twitching tail servo

Can anyone help?
My tail servo twitches like mad which makes tail control somewhat difficult to say the least !!!

The rate at which it twitches varies with the throttle setting - starting slowly as a gentle rocking movement - moving through quite vigorous rapid movements at about mid throttle - and then slowly decreasing as I reach full throttle.

I have tried the sensitivity setting on the rx but nothing seems to eliminate the wag. I have also unplugged and replugged the servo but still the same result! The other two servos behave properly.

Do I have a naff tail servo?

Just tried some hitec HS55 and HS50 servos with the same result! So, now the question is: Do I need a new rx/gyro unit?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Steve.

Last edited by Stevespana; 04-04-2010 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: info update
Stevespana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevespana View Post
Can anyone help?
My tail servo twitches like mad which makes tail control somewhat difficult to say the least !!!

The rate at which it twitches varies with the throttle setting - starting slowly as a gentle rocking movement - moving through quite vigorous rapid movements at about mid throttle - and then slowly decreasing as I reach full throttle.

I have tried the sensitivity setting on the rx but nothing seems to eliminate the wag. I have also unplugged and replugged the servo but still the same result! The other two servos behave properly.

Do I have a naff tail servo?

Just tried some hitec HS55 and HS50 servos with the same result! So, now the question is: Do I need a new rx/gyro unit?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Steve.
To me if it where the servo itself it seem like the other servos you tried would work correctly when you tried them. Have you checked the connection between the servo and receiver to make sure your getting good contact? Check the receiver and make sure the you don't have a loose pin where the servo plugs into the receiver. If all checked out there thenI'd pop the servo apartand check the solder joint to make sure I didn't have a bad connection there. After all that if everything seems fine then I'd try a new receiver. If it where me I'd go with a 2428 or 2609 instead of stock. Both the receivers have a HH gyro but the 2428 seems to have a little better gyro in it. The only downfall to both receivers are since the Ufly has servos with normal size ends you have to make some new servo leads or buy some to convert them to mini ends. Here is a link to what I'm talking about.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeraser...oradapter.aspx
Old 04-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks 3d-wanna-b,
I will check out the receiver pins for bad soldered joints etc.
If it does turn out to be something more than that then I'll probably go full separates with a spektrum setup as I have all I need to do the job.

Steve.
Stevespana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in