Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2015, 01:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Accidentally ordered an extra BNF V977. Should have it on Wednesday. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM
MyRCode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2015, 06:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassFlyer View Post
Sorry for the dumb question...

But what is disc loading?
Whether a heli has any float to it like a 450 or larger or if it uses raw power to fly which can make it feel like a flying brick. Floatiness is something you feel particularly when flipping. It's good to not have to pump the collective before flipping for fear of losing a ton of altitude for example. It's the ratio of disc area to flying weight. In stock form the 130x has excellent disc loading. The 180CFX falls into the flying brick category. This is also why you see stretch kits for certain helis. I was hoping the v977/k110 would excel here but he is saying otherwise. I can tell by the vids through that it's not a flying brick so it must fall somewhere in between.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 05:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks man. I haven't got to doing 3d stuff yet. But it's good to hear about this stuff anyway.

Is being able to fly nose in a must before learning 3d?

GrassFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 06:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassFlyer View Post
Ok thanks man. I haven't got to doing 3d stuff yet. But it's good to hear about this stuff anyway.

Is being able to fly nose in a must before learning 3d?
You should be able to hover at all 45 degree increments for 360 degrees both upright and inverted. Pretty easy (but time consuming) to learn on a sim. Without that recovering from mistakes will be awefully difficult and you'll be making big orientation mistakes as well. From a general cook book point of view you progress to learn your 8's upright and inverted forwards and backwards. Then funnels. Half piros. (This is as far as I've made it). Full Piros, Then combine it all for 3d.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

v977 is a great heli to learn on. Been flying for years and never advanced as fast as with this heli. very inexpensive to maintain also. I fly it in my yard almost every day.
pilotmotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 10:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are pretty decent little helis. I just got my second one today. It seems to hold the hover debugging much better than the first and it is much easier to fly inside. Parts are easy to get you just need to order ahead of time as they take quite a while if they come from HK or China. They are very cheap though. You can get extra batteries off of Amazon with the little charger it comes with. Works pretty good and is exactly the same type charger the heli is shipped with.

The main gear comes off a lot with any type of impact and I have actually had a main bearing come out and get lost in the grass because of the gear coming off. They say that the gear comes off to help keep other damage low. Regardless, just something you have to deal with.

You can get them right now off of ebay for $65 - RTF version.
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't see the rtf for $65. $95 is the cheapest rtf I can find.
f3honda4me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is the price of the last one I purchased. Was listed as a BNF but arrived as a RTF - $65.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
That is the price of the last one I purchased. Was listed as a BNF but arrived as a RTF - $65.
Where did you order it from?
MyRCode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default V977

Hey guys,
I took a few years off of flying. I have had all kinds of helicopters, and no joke I love this little heli. Last year I first bought the v966 with the corless motor and tried to do the brushless conversion. Grew tired of it and sold it to a friend. Then comes along the V977. I did not like the 6G mode, So I only fly in 3G.

It just arrived at my door 3 days ago along with 6 520mah batteries. First couple of flights I was kind of disappointed. The brushless heli felt only slightly stronger than the coreless V966. The manual we all know is horrible, but I found on a youtube video that you can adjust the pitch. I thought at first this would bogg the motor but it seems as though the pitch curve is also connected to the throttel "V" curve. This heli has got some serious power now. I very happy with its performance now.

Cheap, Powerfull, Agile, and small enough to fly in my driveway. These are all the things I could ever ask for in a heli.

Keep flying and enjoy the V977
HeliDude35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2016, 06:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

check this out.....

https://tmkarc1hobby.com/v966-v977-8...-hfv97704.html

looks pretty cool..they need lipos in the store but the swash looks good
Old 01-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRCode View Post
Where did you order it from?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WLtoys-V977-...EAAOSwVFlUHRME

Same place. I assume a mistake.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 8mm tail motor

That 8mm tail motor looks great.

I will have to say that the stock tail motor has done just fine for me. I have not had any tail blow outs yet, but I have not pushed the heli to hard either.

The tail is holding fine with pitch pumps, loops, and flipping the heli inverted in any direction and barrel rolls. It has also held fine flying sideways. During Pirios the tail stops rock solid where ever I ask it to.

For the Price there is no not reason to get the bigger motor. It just adds to the fun of upgrading.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:23 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDude35 View Post
That 8mm tail motor looks great.

I will have to say that the stock tail motor has done just fine for me. I have not had any tail blow outs yet, but I have not pushed the heli to hard either.

The tail is holding fine with pitch pumps, loops, and flipping the heli inverted in any direction and barrel rolls. It has also held fine flying sideways. During Pirios the tail stops rock solid where ever I ask it to.

For the Price there is no not reason to get the bigger motor. It just adds to the fun of upgrading.
mine is doing great too..its nice to see a site that's in the us with upgrades..he needs more stock parts though..
Old 01-26-2016, 11:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Bummer

So a week ago I crashed my V977 and had to order parts. The parts I damaged were simple enough, a feathering shaft, and a blade grip bearing.
Because parts are a little difficult to source, I made sure to order plenty to cover future damage. Of course I could not resist the bling.

I set in my order the green head set, and the red head set. Both look great. The green set is for durability testing. The red set will be for when I get my skill set back in shape and get over my crashing curve.

Looking at the two head sets, there is a tiny but major difference. The balls on all the ends are not the same between the two. The red set has round balls, and the linkages fit just fine like the stock plastic balls. The green set on the other hand, have a strange oval shape to them, and they are larger in diameter than the stock balls. When I installed the linkage on the balls, there was an unacceptable amount of resistance that caused binding to the point of bending the linkages while applying collective. I saw this in throttle hold during testing. I used a pair of pliers to squeeze the linkage cups and encourage them to loosen up. That did the trick.

Next up was the feathering shaft. Installing the shaft was not smooth either. Both grips were so tight, that turning one, turned the other. I took out the metal spacers between the blade grip and rubber damper and sanded them several times until both blade grips were free from binding and smooth in articulation. I have not installed the red set yet, but I don't think there will be as much hassle due to the balls being the same size and shape. I have already ordered new linkages because the ones fitted to the green head set will no longer fit the stock, or the red head set.

I spun up the heli and it flew great. Just like stock, but a nice anodized flair radiating from the head set. Definitely an attractive cool factor to an already awesome heli.

Time/crashes will tell about the durability. For now I am happy and will post if anything unfortunate happens.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is my modified v977 flys great , it's a bullet In the air. Just did a solid tail shaft with thicker gauge wire . Cnc motor mount with bigger sut motor 1mm tail shaft, 49mm Lynx tail rotor. 9t pinion stock motor . Kbdd main blades.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	633075  
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
This is my modified v977 flys great , it's a bullet In the air. Just did a solid tail shaft with thicker gauge wire . Cnc motor mount with bigger sut motor 1mm tail shaft, 49mm Lynx tail rotor. 9t pinion stock motor . Kbdd main blades.
Which Lynx-Propeller is this?
meute.1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by meute.1 View Post
Which Lynx-Propeller is this?
It's in the description lol you probably didn't read it . It's a 49mm Lynx tail rotor.

>>>>> correction my fault 47mm Lynx rotor look it up online��<<<<<

Try it out it the best holding tail rotor I this coupled with bigger 7mmx20mm motor with 1mm shaft , these rotors need 1mm shaft .
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
It's a 49mm Lynx tail rotor.
Yes I see.
But for what Heli?
(mCP X B, T-Rex 150, 130X, 180CFX?)
Do you have the item number?
meute.1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone seeing random collective changes on their 977 or K110? I've just been hovering my K110 indoors in 3g mode to get the hang of cp. I generally have no problem except that it routinely makes rapid altitude excursions of 3 feet or so in either direction when the only control input is very minor tweaks of cycle to keep it in place. Not touching the left stick when this happens. It just shoots straight up or straight down...

I have about a dozen flights on it and it's been doing this since the first one.
Wargamer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in