Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's a link for the Google Maps challenged (like me) --> LINK

Apparently, if you use the "degree" symbol then Google Maps has no problem:
N 33° 19.512’ W 086° 57.155’
See y'all Saturday - great weather - should be a great time. I already filled out my flight log for tomorrow:
  • Flight lasted 93 seconds
  • Crash due to pilot error
  • $137 parts on order
Do it safely, do it often, and enjoy it. AMA #20703

Phreak Out is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #62 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

80 registered pilots as of 5PM on Friday. Some great flying took place today and there were only a couple of mistakes. Everyone is having a great time,weather is fabulous, temp got to 82 degs today. Wind about 10 mph from the southwest ( pilots back left ). Weather is suppose to be same again on Saturday and Sunday. Hope to get a few more pilots on Saturday morning. Got lots of prizes to give away Saturday afternoon.
1DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #63 (permalink)
NERD

See you knuckleheads in the morning.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

This will be my first time there:
The Smokin' / Rattlelin' Transportation machine is loaded and o-six-hundred we will be busting bugs that way

CU guys there,

Dale
Old 03-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haven't been in years... Fresh off a 30hr plane flight I'll be there tomorrow, can't wait! I remember watching Youngblood fly a few years back (many) when he was (still is) the pioneer of modern 3D!
eric cartman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never been to this event before. Very excited to join tomorrow! Can't wait to see some real flying instead of my lame flips and rolls. Too close to home not to attend. Shame on me for not going before now! Hope to meet some new friends!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This was my first fun fly. Still in shock. Awesome.....brining. a gaggle of peoples. Back for Saturday! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alabamaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about some pictures for those of us who didn't make it. I made it down there the last 3 years, had to work this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time. Good luck to all.
senzafine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #69 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Another fabulous day at the event. We ended up with 118 registered pilots. Weather was fantastic, temps in low 80's,light winds out of the north east today. Had one mid air collision this afternoon. Going to be a good number of the pilots still hanging around and flying most of the day on Sunday. Thanks to every one that came to the event. The people that attend the event is what makes it so great. Gave away a bunch of items today to the registered pilots. Thanks to all the manufactuers and vendors that donated items for the event.
1DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My son and I came out this afternoon and were both amazed by all those that were flying. Some real talent out there. Was planning on finding someone to check over my Swift NX before it's maiden flight but was enjoying watching all the flying and visiting with the vendors too much. Planning on coming back out tomorrow for more! Thanks for a great event!
Wabblenaut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

The event is NOT over, but DHarwood and myself had to head out last night. A great event and I met a lot of great folks. Enjoyed Matt's FBL session very much. Thanks Matt!

Lots of great flying up and down the flight line. Nitro ruled the field and late in the evening that lovely blanket of nitro exhaust lingered all across the field (and across the road into the neighboring fileds). A fun filled day and a great event!

Hats of to the B'ham group for pulling this event together. Already looking forward to the 2012 version. Lots of great flying up and down the line

Special thanks to Tony Whiteside and his crew for providing dinner for all. . Wow... I don't think I've ever attended any event like this and wound up with an excellent meal for free. Don't know who actually made the lasagna, but it was fantastic, and hot even. Very generous and very much appreciated. Everyone on our end of the field was very impressed and again.. thank you!

bkervaski - thanks for the extra large flight station on the right. I wound up using the whole thing. On our end of the field the motto was "screw the ditch, do the pond!

Don't know who else to extend thanks to, so I'll just say thank you to everyone that had anything to do with this event
Saved to the uttermost!!!

Last edited by forvols; 03-20-2011 at 06:56 PM..
forvols is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

This was my first big event and I must say a BIG +1 to everything Forvols said!

Great food (Thanks Tony and crew if you were responsible for it!)
Great field!

I did get in the air so I am over the "have not flown at a fun fly" so I am already looking forward to 2012!

Until then,

Dale
Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was in Birmingham this weekend for a family function. (funeral...) :-(

Took a couple hours' timeout on Saturday and snuck off with my sister to see the event. Sure am glad I did! Lots of good flying going on. Li'l sister was amazed at the aerobatics.... Witnessed a horrific mid-air... (about 3:45 or so) :-((

Lots of good, friendly people there. Was really good therapy. Helped brighten up an otherwise emotional weekend...

Thanks to those who made it all happen. Hopefully, I'll return someday with more skills & take part.
B400 #1: Ice LIte 50, HS-65MG's, GY-401, S9257, Trex 500 LG
B400 #2: Ice LIte 50, HS-65MG's, GY-401, HSG-5084MG, Trex 500 LG, Flybar weights
addco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by addco View Post
Was in Birmingham this weekend for a family function. (funeral...) :-(

Took a couple hours' timeout on Saturday and snuck off with my sister to see the event. Sure am glad I did! Lots of good flying going on. Li'l sister was amazed at the aerobatics.... Witnessed a horrific mid-air... (about 3:45 or so) :-((

Lots of good, friendly people there. Was really good therapy. Helped brighten up an otherwise emotional weekend...

Thanks to those who made it all happen. Hopefully, I'll return someday with more skills & take part.
I had a fantastic time as well. I saw that midair collision right as I was starting to pack up and head back to Atlanta. I've never heard a sound like that before.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

A few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1279.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	216430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1283.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	216431   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1304.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	216432   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1315.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	216433  
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

And one more of my buddy's crash over on the east/lake side. I like the way the blade is wrapped around the main shaft.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1316.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	216434  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #77 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by forvols View Post
The event is NOT over, but DHarwood and myself had to head out last night. A great event and I met a lot of great folks. Enjoyed Matt's FBL session very much. Thanks Matt!

Lots of great flying up and down the flight line. Nitro ruled the field and late in the evening that lovely blanket of nitro exhaust lingered all across the field (and across the road into the neighboring fileds). A fun filled day and a great event!

Hats of to the B'ham group for pulling this event together. Already looking forward to the 2012 version. Lots of great flying up and down the line

Special thanks to Tony Whiteside and his crew for providing dinner for all. . Wow... I don't think I've ever attended any event like this and wound up with an excellent meal for free. Don't know who actually made the lasagna, but it was fantastic, and hot even. Very generous and very much appreciated. Everyone on our end of the field was very impressed and again.. thank you!

bkervaski - thanks for the extra large flight station on the right. I wound up using the whole thing. On our end of the field the motto was "screw the ditch, do the pond!

Don't know who else to extend thanks to, so I'll just say thank you to everyone that had anything to do with this event
guys KBDD and HELIFREAK sponcered the goods, my wife cooked them, her name missy whiteside, good woman right there. and this was a very fun and cool event for me, had a great time, so cool to see a lot of my friends, and a big thanks to my great friend toby!!

and guys i met a woman there with lung cancer, i have never meet such a strong woman in spirit and soul, i had to ask her for a big hug, her heart was so amazing i will remember her strenth and courage forever!!! beautiful soul that lady!

toby whats her name?
tony whiteside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Her name is Celest. She is A great person. And like you said she has A huge heart and tons of courage. She always has A big smile for me everytime I see her. Makes my heart melt. And thanks to you Tony and your wife and crew. Had A great time and look foreward to Huntsville.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in