Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How come this forum isn't busy

This Heli looks awesome so why isn't there much more traffic on this Heli.
panamacitymustang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a good question. And if you think this forum isn't busy, there's virtually nothing on RcHeliaddicts or Runryder.

I can only assume it's a lack of promotion. For some reason the Beam is still just almost unknown. I don't know if any of the main heli mags have reviewed it, all I have heard about is the French magazine mentioned on the Beam website. It just needs more exposure.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How come this forum isn't busy

Good question. The past few weeks seems to be just me, trillian, and scanner. Welcome, maybe you can be the 4th active member.

After putting 5 flights through mine, it maybe that it is a real solid machine with little complaints. Not much to discuss if there is nothing wrong with the heli.
Aziego is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I don't have a beam. I'm in the market for a 600. I'm just trying to do my homework on some Helicopters first. I have a atom 500 which is pretty awesome. The beam 600 definitely needs more exposure it really looks like a well built machine.
panamacitymustang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: How come this forum isn't busy

Hi

Yes it's not a well known machine over the big lake.
But here in Denmark, it's pretty well known, and many pilots own one.

There been both Danish and Norwegian review. ;-)

Overall a nice heli, that I can recommend.
Cheap in first buy, and cheap in crash
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the whole of the UK, I think there's only trillian and myself flying them!

I was at Weston Park Helifest this weekend and although Beam are Korean, the Kasama factory pilot who lives in Thailand had heard of the Avantgarde and there's people there flying them.

Compared with all the nice helis I've flown, the Avantgarde flys really well and it's just as cheap as a 450 to crash. I think a lot of people get hung-up on flying mainstream.

I don't have loads of time to write forum posts, but I'm more than happy to answer any questions
Old 06-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: How come this forum isn't busy

Just a few beam600 gathered at a competition in Denmark

( sorry, pic is a screenshot from
Mobile )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1371463235341.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	428977  
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was one of the few active beam pilots, but it's winter here in Australia and the weather has not been kind lately! That, and I recently sold my Beam and bought myself a Rush 750. (The wife put her foot down and said sell the old one before buying the new one, so I did as I was told. Lol)

But I still visit here from time to time, and i'm more than happy to help anyone with any questions.
lowey79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders248 View Post
In the whole of the UK, I think there's only trillian and myself flying them!

I was at Weston Park Helifest this weekend and although Beam are Korean, the Kasama factory pilot who lives in Thailand had heard of the Avantgarde and there's people there flying them.

Compared with all the nice helis I've flown, the Avantgarde flys really well and it's just as cheap as a 450 to crash. I think a lot of people get hung-up on flying mainstream.

I don't have loads of time to write forum posts, but I'm more than happy to answer any questions
I noticed last time I looked at Fast Lads website they showed the Beam was out of stock so maybe there are three in the UK now :-)

I think a lot of the time it's down to what is already being flown at the clubs and in comps, so when someone is looking to buy they go with what they have already seen, what others at the club are flying etc. So at my main club for example it's almost all Align and Mikado and if someone new asks for advice, one of the more experienced pilots will just say "get a Logo 600 with a VBar" and so it goes.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helis @ Club

Hi again trillian, funny what you posted about club flyers. Where i go theres only two or three heli guys out of about 18-20 guys and their all nitro & FB Raptor guys, both of which im not interested in tho i may look at gassers for scale in the future.

I chose the Beam for the quality and to be "exclusive" lol, as no-one has one. Just my thing, but i don't like to be a sheep (tho it does work against me at times) and now it sits beside my V2 Advantage...i got a Beam fleet haha.

Good to read of others entering the room from around the globe a bit now too.

OP~~~ Get one....GET ONE NOW!!!!! lol, you could do much worse by far.

PS~~Aziego, btw i won the bet haha, glad your getting time under your rotors

Cheers
scanner62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner62 View Post

I chose the Beam for the quality and to be "exclusive" lol, as no-one has one. Just my thing, but i don't like to be a sheep (tho it does work against me at times) and now it sits beside my V2 Advantage...i got a Beam fleet haha.
Yeah I have never been a big follower of current heli fashion myself, I have a whole collection of unpopular helis so it doesn't bother me to not have the latest hot thing. I think about a year ago my only electric helis were the Trex 500 and Beam 450. Most of mine are still flybarred but I will convert the Rave ENV soon and I'd kinda like to convert one of my Robbes to FBL just for that mix of old and new.

There's a lot of followers of the latest trends here whatever they may be, not nearly as many heli flyers that look for something different. There's lots and lots of Aligns, and Mikado are very popular as well and lately the Goblins are popping up everywhere.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WELL????

Hey OP>>> Its been a couple of weeks now since your post, so have you bought anything yet???? If so but not a Beam 600 at least let us curious folk know what you decided.
My second choice (if i were to get a TT) would be the Synergy E5 (run on 6S or stretch to 600 and run 12S). Just some food for thought if you haven't bought one yet.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamacitymustang View Post
Well I don't have a beam. I'm in the market for a 600. I'm just trying to do my homework on some Helicopters first. I have a atom 500 which is pretty awesome. The beam 600 definitely needs more exposure it really looks like a well built machine.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No I didn't decide yet. I'm leaning towards a compass 6hv I have a atom 500 and its pretty awesome. The 6hv Is 12s and I can use my current batteries with it. And it's belt drive which I prefer. I really like the looks of the beam it looks like its a quality machine.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamacitymustang View Post
No I didn't decide yet. I'm leaning towards a compass 6hv I have a atom 500 and its pretty awesome. The 6hv Is 12s and I can use my current batteries with it. And it's belt drive which I prefer. I really like the looks of the beam it looks like its a quality machine.
The Beam has a belt driven tail as well and uses the same size batteries (I'm using the same packs I use in the Trex 500). They're very similar in the frame layout and I had narrowed down my choice to the Beam or the 6HV, it was really almost a coin toss to choose between them.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Beam is a much better looking heli compared to the 6HV! Not that I'm biased :-)
Old 07-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders248 View Post
The Beam is a much better looking heli compared to the 6HV! Not that I'm biased :-)
ROFLMAO....+10^^^^^^^^
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I kinda like the fact the Beam is rare...makes it that much more special in my opinion. That's why I don't own any Aligns right now...everyone and their grandmother has one and they don't look that great either. The Beam however is mechanical art. Just looking at all of the nicely designed and machined parts you know it's something special.

Anyway I just got the upgraded V2 version and am slowly piecing the electrical components together before my build begins. BTW is/are there any "gotchas" I should know before I build mine?
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup...ya gonna love it that much you'll buy another to keep it company LMAO....

Otherwise, nuh just QUALITY, STYLE,& PURE GOOD LOOKS....do a search, no probs since V2 to be found AFAIK....

Cheers
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Come On Buy One Already...lol

Hey PanamaCityMustang~~~ its been a month gone now since i last asked, surely you've bought something by now....surely....

Gimme the news bloke....the suspense is killing me,,,lol

Cheers
(recruiter by night haha)
Old 07-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, thanks scanner62 I notice you post at RCG too..
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in