Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I purchased a ZYX-s2 intending to link it to a DSMX satellite on my Trex 450 pro. My experience is that even with a flashing yellow light I can still link to the unit via the USB connector. This, at least, allows me to change which rx type I'm working with. I tried an Orange and a Spektrum satellite but had identical results with both. The closest I got was using rx type DSMJ, this would result in a steady red (or blue light depending on aux channel state) light and the S2 monitor page would display responses to the tx inputs; however, rudder and throttle response was non existent. I tried all sorts of combinations and have now gone down the road of using a 'conventional rx' with a conventional rx ...... but this is not what I bought the ZYX for. I await input anyone can give or for Tarot to come up with an update. I'm not overly happy with the Tarot website that is linked to by the software as the "english" option is not working for me ...... as a result I think I'll be struggling even if a firmware update is produced. I also have a ZYX-s and will try this with a satellite after I have finished the current build.
744drv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 05:27 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two S2, one with orange sat and one with spectrum sat. I always prebind with a conventional receiver with sat connected. Then when I plug the sat into the ZYX I use DSMX-2.
Almost always when I get ready to fly, the zyx-s2 will flash yellow. I keep plugging in the battery until the zyx-s2 comes up right, usually taking 3 or 4 attempts. I think it may have to do with the trasmitter being too close to the receiver, because sometimes when I get frustrated with it I move the transmitter away and it works.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the input Jbilliter. I tried multiple connections using my Spektrum satellite and even though the satellite light comes on quickly and is stable I consistently ended up with an S2 flashing yellow. Even if I could make this work as you have 1 in 5 times or so I would not be satisfied with such a hit and miss affair. Think I'll go down the conventional rx route for now, but I will be dissatisfied as this is not why I bought the S2.
744drv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know how to connect the governor of taror zyx s2?
Can you connect a sensor to measure the rpm?
Best Regards
ejarquec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 06:05 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejarquec View Post
how to connect the governor of taror zyx s2?
No way yet
3Daemon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the software to config zyx are one governor section.
No work yet?
ejarquec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2017, 06:39 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone still using this?
Is there any upgrade firmware to fix the bind to dsmx sat's?

I have it and my dsmx was binded on a Kbar FBL with the dx6i...but now on the S2 i see the yellow ligh only...and sat does not led up the orange light....

bentheboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2017, 07:15 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

You have to bind the sat with a rx first then just using the sat works great.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
You have to bind the sat with a rx first then just using the sat works great.
My sat dsmx rx was binded only with a Kbar and the sat rx dsmx led light up and worked!

Chnged for a Tarot s2 FBL and when using it on the tarot s2 with the 3.3v cable adpater it does not light up.

You say that i need to bind it to a dsmx rx and then put it on the tarot and it will light up?

Can i use a spektrum car receiver for that? I don't have air spektrum receivers...

I can use the Tarot software USB dongle to the S2 FBL unit...no problem in there... but the dsmx sat rx does no light up.

I will try on the car's if i can bind the sat to a car receiver, if they are dsmx...

ARE you sure that dsmx works on the Tarot s2 FBL or only DSM2 sat's or rx's? Read somewhere that even if written the S2 FBL didn't work with dsmx, only dsm2...
bentheboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in