Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2005, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bent Main Shaft / Assembly Instructions

I bent my main shaft (only minor damage to ceiling in basement!) and need to replace it. Are there any instructions for assembly of the rotor/shaft/pitch/control mechanisms? The parts diagram does not show a breakdown of any of this. I cannot get the shaft free from the main gear. I have released all of the collars and all linkage, but it won't move more than 1/8". NEED HELP!

Thanks,

davjac
davjac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stating at the bottom loosen the set screw in collective pitch rod retainer then loosen the lower collar at the bottom of the shaft. The collar should fall and rest on the pitch lever. Next loosen the set screw in the black auto-rotation sleeve. If you have Removed everything from the swash plate up, the main shaft should lift out. Depending on how severe the bend is will determine how difficult the job will be. Also, you may encounter some difficulty if any of the set screws have caused a rough spot on the shaft. A little force is OK but be careful it is possible to pull a bearing up out of the bearing retainer. This last from personal experience. If the bottom collar is off you can try this. Remove the pitch lever joint set and using the proper size socket place it over the collective pitch rod and lightly tap the socket with a hammer. Go easy because the stock main shaft is very soft and you could make things worse. If a judicious (yea, I know how much is that?) amount of force is used and the shaft won't come out you may have to split the frames.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks! Very helpful. Now I have to put it back together. Any detailed diagrams available? The owner's manual for the ARF does not cut it.

Thanks again!

Davjac
davjac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK! I don't know of any detailed instructions or diagrams, but I'll try to help. Remove the collective pitch rod and retainer from your old shaft. To do so, unscrew the rod from the retainer using pliers being careful not to mar the rod. Once the rod is removed the plastic retainer can be pushed out of the shaft. Install the retainer and shaft in your new new main shaft. Place one of the #M010 collars on the shaft from the bottom. This will be the top collar. From the top insert the shaft through the top bearing then down through the anti-rotation set. While doing this feed the other #M010 collar over the end of the pitch rod and feed the pitch rod through the hole in the #165116 Pitch lever joint set. Push the new shaft through the bottom bearing and slide the bottom #M010 collar over the shaft. This collar should be flush with the bottom of the mast. Tighten the set screw. Next, pull the main shaft up until the bottom collar is snug against the bottom bearing and secure the top collar so there is no up and down play in the mast. Then tighten the set screw on the anti-rotation set. Notice there is a narrow spot on the shaft where the set screw is to be tightened. If you use that spot for the set screw you won't have much trouble getting the mast out the next time.

I hope this helps.

Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in