Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fun Day Flying

Finally went out to fly with the guys again today. I have been flying now and then at work but the location is better where I fly with the guys. Anyways, I was doing pretty good with the Mini Titan, flipped it a couple of times, and then lost it in a reflection of the sun. I thought I knew what way she was going but alas I smashed her into the ground with a thud! Looks like main shaft, feathering shaft, tail servo case, blades, some bearings for the arms (and an arm) that connect to the washout base. Hmmmm, well, I still had the Atom. I've flown only about 3 packs through her, but she felt very smooth. So, I took her up thinking, I guess I better just chill and do some forward flight. But then my mind said, WTF, that's not what you came out here to do today. So, I started doing some pirouettes, completely holding nose in as long as I wanted, and yup, did a couple of flips!!!! It felt soooo good, I love the FBL Atom! Now I can't help but think I want to sell the MT and get a 6HV! I have to think about that one. Funny, it was one of my best days flying and one of the only days I have really smashed a heli......ironic.

-tam
Tam_T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you had a great day Tam! Sorry about the MT but we know how easy it is to fix. I actually picked up another one at a swap meet on Sat. Just about new and at a very, very low price with everything included. Since I end up flying indoors a lot during the winter I figured it doesn't hurt to have 2.
I'm glad to hear you really like the Atom and are advancing flying it. I still haven't gone FBL with my helis (except for the mCP X of course).
Lynne

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It was a great day. It was pretty warm as well, probaby mid 70's here. It was great seeing the guys again and having them motivate me to fly better and push a little more. And what is up with these swap meets where you find these bargain deals?!!!! I've never even heard of that over here! Lynne, I know you would love flybarless. I was flying the Mini Titan nose in yesterday, but the difference between the MT and having a little bit bigger bird outfitted with flybarless is a huge difference. I turned that Atom around and it just sat there, no drifting, no correction, it was just there! No stress and a lot of comfort and confidence flying it. I can't say enough how much I love this new bird!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

where do you fly?

I live in San Marcos but usually come up to Temecula and fly with the guys at Date St.
I've flown at the little spot next to the Vista courts once.
funknrock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, next to Vista courts. Do you fly at a field in Temecula?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Date St in Temecula. ( https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=176811 )

I (we) actually work up the street from there and try to get out at lunch every day, weather permitting. I come up on the weekend when I can.

The Vista spot isn't too bad but I can imagine it can get pretty hectic if there are several pilots out...
Old 02-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, that is a big space. I just checked it out on google satellite maps.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, lots of sky for everyone!

i fly in a couple places near there. when date is too busy a few friends and i go to a spot that is just a little further south (1/4 mile or so) next to what used to be a gym. it's perfect for helis and any plane you don't mind landing in the weeds! ;^)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yay for flying nose in! Pyros are fun. I love to do those with my mcpx. But not nose in yet. I'm working on forward flight. Glad you crashed & still had the best flying day ever! Go you for not calling it quits after the first crash.

Have an awesome day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in