Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Walkera 4G3 CP, 4#3B, 4G1B

This thread is dedicated to Walkera's high end micro and mini helis. While there are helis of similar quality, there is none close to the $100-200 range. Standard features includes the 2.4g Tx for reliability, Carbon-enforce blades for stiffness and 1-s electronics for weight reduction. Here are some other basics:

4G3 - CP, 273mm, 68.4g, 3D capability, agile indoor or calm outdoor conditions
4#3B - FP, palm sized, metal head upgrades, agile, powerful and proven performer
4G1B - FP, 488mm, 215g, metal head, compact sized, great for outdoor training

With an established following, there is huge selection of parts and lots of interesting upgrades available from multiple sources on the internet.

Let's see what you have and how far you can take it!
maxmicrox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Anybody know where we can get an Airwolf or Jet Ranger body fo fit this thing? Oh by the way this little thing is crazy fun for indoor flying.
tmore13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

some info i read here and there about the new 4G3.....

-it didn't pass the final test yesterday, to go in production - a few weeks delay i guess.
more news will have terence at chinese jade on sunday.

-walkera will sell bodies for it some time later.

-there will be a brushless upgrade available soon.
for that reason the RX has already a throttle output to connect a BL esc.

-price will be around 200$ ems shipping included
Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The lastest info indicates that the first batch of 4g3 will be available for shipping at the end of OCT but it will be a "test batch" for the Asian market, so they can fix them whem problems come up. If you are in Europe or the U.S. you don't want to end up with this batch. You best bet is to buy it from an European or U.S. dealer for NOV delivery. If you are in Asia, may I suggest that you wait a couple of months until the "test batch" has worked it's way through some of the Asian Dealers.

Here are some U.S. sources: rotorfever.com, wowhobbies.com, highvolt-heli.com
I don't have any European sources at this point. Good Luck

* The Rx/Tx for the 4g3 is six channels
* At 273mm & 68.4g the 4g3 is slightly bigger than the 4#3b
* The price is about $169-$195 USD
* If you can't wait till next year, many of the U.S. vendors are already taking preorders
Old 10-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

4G3 Looks cool I was going to get the 4#3 but I think I will wait now till the 4G3 comes out. Collective pitch always seem more stable plus I would have the option to do some loops I wouldnt expet to much more out a heli that small.
cmoney79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

You have better have a big indoor space if you are not a pro in 3D and get plenty of spare parts.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've had the 4#3B for a couple weeks now and it's a lot of fun. It's tiny enough to fly circuits in my small living room. I'm not into 3D yet so I appreciate the robust fixed pitch head.

Here's a short video flying in my living room:

Walkera 4#3B Flying in my living room (2 min 39 sec)

Marc
AtomicFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not quite sure I get Walkera's weird naming convensions, but these little guys look like lots of fun! I have a Blade CX/2 and a Blade mCX. I like the single rotor style of the Walkera's. Would you recommend I get one, or continue to save my money for a T-Rex 500?

How is Walkera regarded? I don't see a dedicated forum (or even sub-forum) for them, so I am a big suspicious as to where they "fit in" as a real "hobby heli" versus a toy. Thoughts?
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

[quote=! I have a Blade CX/2 and a Blade mCX. I like the single rotor style of the Walkera's. Would you recommend I get one, or continue to save my money for a T-Rex 500?quote]

If you are coming from a CX/2 I would go to a trex 450 or 500.450 parts are cheaper but the smaller the heli the more squirely it is. So the little walkera all though cool and I want one may be harder to learn on. But the price is right on them. So really up to you.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
I'm not quite sure I get Walkera's weird naming convensions, but these little guys look like lots of fun! I have a Blade CX/2 and a Blade mCX. I like the single rotor style of the Walkera's. Would you recommend I get one, or continue to save my money for a T-Rex 500?

How is Walkera regarded? I don't see a dedicated forum (or even sub-forum) for them, so I am a big suspicious as to where they "fit in" as a real "hobby heli" versus a toy. Thoughts?
Hey, I consider them all toys! I used to own a 1:1 plane (the kind you sit in and fly) and I considered it a toy.

I've never flown a co-ax heli, but I talked to a few guys who have and all said it wasn't as easy as they thought going from a co-ax to a single rotor. So like most guys learning single rotor, you will crash.

I'd assume that the cost of a T-Rex 500 crash will be pretty high. I have a Blade 400 and most of my crashes on that cost me about $20 (blades, main rotor shaft, feathering shaft, tail rotor shaft).

I've heard many people say this and I think it's very true: Whatever you buy, make sure you can afford to repair it after a crash. Otherwise you'll run out of money, get frustrated, and put the heli on the shelf.

Good luck!
Marc
AtomicFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 04:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Toy-quality vs hobby-quality... Hobby quality implies alluminum/metal/carbon reenforced parts plus higher quality electronics. For those of you not familiar with Walkera... Walkera sells directly through dealers without going through a distributor that's why you usually pay about 30% less on Walkera vs Eflite MCX or CX2 but you can't find them in LHS. I've several brands of micros and minis and the Walkera is the leading edge on micros. My MCX and CX2 feels like a bus compared to the equivalent of the Walkera 5g6 and 5#10 which are both dual-axials with more power and agility. For even more agility and responsiveness, I would highly recommand the Walkera 4#3b and the 4g1b which are both metal headed single axial helis. All newer Walkeras helis come with the newer 2.4g Tx RTF at $100 to $110 plus shipping. These helis are much less dangerous and less expensive to crash. If you are willing to spend a bit more you can preorder the upcoming Walkera CP 4g3 for about $160 + shipping. I've flown the Gaui 200 (not bad if you can spend $500 for a CP mini heli and have it break down every other time you fly it). I've read some horrific reviews on the Kyosho 120 (what a waist of time and money). Then there is the toy-quality SRB Quark with its foam blades (talk about cheap).

Make sure you get some extra battery packs, battery chargers, skids, blades, blade holders and perhaps the tail boom if you are planning ahead for crashes.

The 5g6, the 4#3b and the 4g3 are all small enough to fly indoors and the 5#10 and 4g1b can be used in a small backyard or driveway. I've seen a couple of video of the 4g3's 3d fligth and it's simply an incredible little machines. Imagine... fliying 3d indoors but I don't think it's for beginners.

Try wowhobbies.com and highvolt-heli.com if you are in the U.S.
Try eastcoasthobbies.com if you are in Australia

Have a flight!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So can this thing do Inverted?

I'm very interested in this.

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Screw Wow hobbies, they want to charge $35 for ground shipping and $55 for fedex with no US mail or cheaper option.

I'm not so sure this is coming from California as they say.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty T View Post
So can this thing do Inverted?

I'm very interested in this.
WALKERA micro 3D 4G3 video (3 min 21 sec)
Old 10-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I saw this but I don't think this is stock.

No one else is posting videos of 3D with this unit. NO one.

Looking at the stock 4#3 blades they are curved one way which tells me that inverted is not possible out of the box.

Can someone expand on this?

I don't care what anyone says, these blades are not designed for 3D

Old 10-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty T View Post
Yes, I saw this but I don't think this is stock.

No one else is posting videos of 3D with this unit. NO one.

Looking at the stock 4#3 blades they are curved one way which tells me that inverted is not possible out of the box.

Can someone expand on this?

I don't care what anyone says, these blades are not designed for 3D

the foto shows the 4#3, it is a fixed pitch heli.

the 4G3 is a same size, collective pitch heli.
go to chinese jade web site,there are a lot of close up pictures.
you will see the differences.

the video is a test flight in the walkera building and it is stock.

there will be a brushless conversion kit available.
maybe the heli in the video has that one already installed...who knows...
Old 10-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah ha! it's all in the part number

4G3 is what I'm looking for, ok, I'll check it out.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 10-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hey Scotty,

I've picked up helis and parts at the wowhobbies.com warehouse in Orange, CA. The $26 shipping and handling for helis includes local California QC. They actually take the heli out of the box and test them before they ship it to you. That's also why the shipping on parts is only about $5 because there is no local QC on parts. You might also try rotorfever.com they are also based in California and some of the handling charges are built into the heli prices. In any case they all work out to be about the same even if you were to buy them from Hong Kong. Just be careful even if you were to find a reliable Hong Kong source. Hong Kong to the States shipping is not 4 or 5 days as claimed, EMS from Hong Kong is about $7 and takes 10 to 15 days average to replace a part for you. Can you imaging the Hong Kong vendor making $20 on the heli and then spend $7 to service the heli... not pratical at all.:o
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nice to see some new threads on my favorite Walkeras. Thank you maxmicro for the leads. Every time I think I got the last fix done, I run into the wall again. Now I stock lots of parts on my frequent flyers. I've been buying 4#3 parts from Hong Kong and it's like a bad nightmare because the combination of service and shipping is terrible! The cheap Hong Kong shipping service takes way too long. I can get old fast waiting for them parts almost every week. Thumbs up on wowhobbies.com and also helidirect.com
axellehmannair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in