Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Beginner - Need some help with 300X setup

I have a Blade 130X and have been flying four a couple of months. I can now take off, fly around and land just about wherever I want to (with minimal “events”). I’m definitely not into any 3D yet and haven’t attempted it.

With the 130X I tamed down my throttle / pitch curves after some “trial-and-terror” which really helped.

When I got into this hobby (and it’s great) I also bought a 300X at the same time I purchased the 130X but haven’t taken it out of the box yet (wanted to get used to the 130X first). I now want to start doing some simple flying with the 300X.

Now to my question:

What should I set my DX6i settings to for the 300X in order to “tame it down” since I’m a beginner. I’ve attached the 130X settings I’m using on my DX6i.

1. What settings should I program to tame down the 300X?
2. What should the main blade pitch be adjusted to?
3. Any other suggestions on what I should do before my first flight?

I live in a place where I’m pretty much on my own and rely on this forum for just about all my information.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130X-DX6i-Settings.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	350299  
tjkennedy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tame down the TC in IU to 75%. Recommended for woodies especially.

1) It flies pretty big (not so twitchy), you might not need to so much expo and such low D/R.

2) I would leave the settings stock

3) Check every screw, out of laziness, I didn't check the tail spindle screws and threw a grip. Make sure the blades are balanced.

Go fly it, it is very stable.
Cujo22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run the simillar settings as you on your 130x on my MCPX. For the 300x I run 50% dr and 20% expo on ail/ele with 85% dr and 10% expo on the tail all the rest stock. You may want to start the pitch curve a little higher to remove some of the negative pitch when throttle is less than 50%. so 40,40,50, 75 ,100 or maybe as high as 45....

It's nice and tame this way. almost flies itself.

Last edited by sn00p; 09-18-2012 at 07:14 AM..
sn00p is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I come back for my landings I have it set at 75 dr with 25% expo. At this rate it's very docile and very easy to fly.
Blade 300x
Brobbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What thease guys are telling you, but if you want a more responsive heli run linear expo and 125% on elevator and aileron D/R
Blade 180 cfx ,Blade mcpx
Trex 150
superjet112x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
What thease guys are telling you, but if you want a more responsive heli run linear expo and 125% on elevator and aileron D/R
Superjet, question: if you set up the Bx so your cyclics are just barely not binding at fullthrow at 100%, won't going to 125% cause binding?...honest question
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
Superjet, question: if you set up the Bx so your cyclics are just barely not binding at fullthrow at 100%, won't going to 125% cause binding?...honest question
I'm not Superjet, but I can answer the question.

No, it won't. With the BX, your endpoint adjustments do not control how far the servos move, they tell the unit how many degrees per second of movement you want. Control travel is set in the BX, then (just like a tail gyro) your endpoints adjust how responsive it is.

Make sense?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
I'm not Superjet, but I can answer the question.

No, it won't. With the BX, your endpoint adjustments do not control how far the servos move, they tell the unit how many degrees per second of movement you want. Control travel is set in the BX, then (just like a tail gyro) your endpoints adjust how responsive it is.

Make sense?
Thanx Chris, was going to say the same thing, when you set cyclic limit, the unit will never use all the movement
Trex 150
Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, but I'm still a little confused. So say you set the cyclics at 125%.
This will make them more responsive to you stick movements? Or will it cause you to get to the endpoints more quickly?

I guess I'm having a brain-fart on this one

edit: I might have just gotten it... at 125%, you will have 25% more 'room' in your stick movements... a little like having a non-curved expo, if that makes any sense??
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm, still not quite right. Try this:

Your endpoints in the radio simply tell the BX "I want x degrees of flip, roll, or yaw rate when I give max stick deflection". You want less maximum flip rate? Dial back the elevator endpoint. You want more maximum roll rate? Dial up aileron endpoint. You want a slower piro rate at full rudder stick? Dial back the rudder endpoint.

All of these are independent from the travel adjustments you set in the BX.

Sensitivity near neutral is a function of Expo, but to some degree is affected by the endpoints because overall it's more agile the higher the endpoints.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

my roll and flip rates are really fast
Trex 150
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

JustPlaneChris and superjet112x: This is a most informative thread - thanks for the information regarding D/R relating to the BX! I'm currently flying with 100% D/R and 0% expo (I presume 0% = linear?), but tomorrow I'm going to turn up my D/R a bit on aileron and elevetor to see if I can make my 300X do the hokey cokey and the hula.

As a follow up question... Does increasing the D/R past 100% on elevator and alieron have the potential of making "short travel" tic tocs a little easier (not sure what the correct term for that is)? I've heard that adjusting the pitch curves can help, such as something like 0-20-50-80-100 instead of the linear 0-25-50-75-100 I'm flying now. I have a hard time getting tic tocs to look good on the 130X, which I readily admit is probably a result of bad collective management; but my 300X's tic tocs still aren't very pretty either. It almost feels like the controls are not as responsive as they are on my simulator (Phoenix). Regardless, I know smaller helis have less hang time than larger helis, so that obviously makes tic tocs harder on a 300 vs a 500+ size model... But can you guys provide any thoughts regarding this and how I might improve my settings (or flying skills if that's really what the problem is)? I'm running a 100% flat throttle curve with CF blades from MicroHeli originally designed for the Blade SR. I'm currently using a linear pitch curve. I'm finding it frustrating that I can make consecutive piro flips look faily decent but not a stupid tic toc...

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, you're ahead of me when it comes to tic tocs, because I can't even make them look good on the sim!

If you think you want a bit more collective 'pop' you could try playing with your pitch curve in the transmitter, which can give you either a sharper or softer feel around zero pitch (depending on which way you adjust the curve). You could also just increase your overall collective range in the BeastX setup, which will make it seem more poppy with small stick movements. Of course you also run the risk of bogging it if you don't practice good collective management.

It's always a compromise.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

And to address the OP about setting it up to fly tamely I suggest dialing down the negative pitch a bit in IU "0" setting, you could dial it down to no negative pitch if you like so that as you set up for landing you switch from Idle Up to normal and even if you drop the throttle a bit too much you will not drive it into the ground.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
300x, beginner, dx6i, settings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in