Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Get one anyway. You won't find a better micro in its class. Board failures are a pain but even losing a dozen in 3 years is only 4 a year. Fly over grass and there is a chance you'll never have a failure. Bottom line is the Nano is well worth it.
4 a year is a lot. Can't even find boards in the UK but they seem expensive. I wanted to get the nano over the mcpx bc I would spend less money than the mcpx i guess not. Might as well master the 200SRX and go straight to a 450?

Wow, £44.99 a board, that's a lot. Also how would landing on grass save boards? Is it caused by hard crashes?
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two nano's and I do like them a lot. I've gone through 2 motors since purchase (2 months) but I fly a lot. One has 200+ flights on it and the motor is still going strong. The other one spit 2 motors out at the 50 flight mark so i'm not sure. I am however sure I got a bad batch of motors replacement motors though.

Micro RC's have their faults and i doubt there are any with zero problems. I'd be willing to say a more than large percentage of the people with issues are due to user error (crashes, bad batteries, etc). You have to realize when you slam something into the ground on a regular basis it WILL eventually break. Best thing to do is stop crashing, or stop crashing as badly. Learn to predict a crash and crash softer. Grass is a wonderful padding as it absorbs a lot of impact form wrecks. Hitting concrete, wood, tables, appliances, etc had enough can cause damage to the board because all it is is a piece of fiberglass with chips on it. They do get bent, nicked, and break from abuse.

My whole point is find another Ultra Micro that has zero problems. I've learned to live with mine as the enjoyment of flying this $100 heli is higher than having to buy a motor ever hundred flights or so, or a board every now and then. Its usually better to just buy another nano as the heli isn't but ~40 more than the main bored.

I also have a mcpx BL, and I've had to replace parts on it as well. Its bigger, faster, and hits things MUCH harder. I've been lucky enough to come out unscathed so far with my crashes but I know the day will come where it WILL break, and when I do wreck I always prepare for the worst. Which is a total loss. These micros are great training tools. I really do like them and they have taught me a lot. 5
Old 04-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
4 a year is a lot. Can't even find boards in the UK but they seem expensive. I wanted to get the nano over the mcpx bc I would spend less money than the mcpx i guess not. Might as well master the 200SRX and go straight to a 450?

Wow, £44.99 a board, that's a lot. Also how would landing on grass save boards? Is it caused by hard crashes?
My nano flying is exclusively indoors and yes the impacts are allot harder on hardwood vs. grass. Given the "poor solder" theory it makes sense that jarring the board repeatedly on such a brutal surface will cause poor solder to crack. I will say I have only lost (1) board this season and I attribute that to the XTreme canopies I've switched to. They are light but *much* sturdier than the crappy paper thin and tight stock canopies that undoubtedly do a marginal job absorbing impact. The boards take a real beating with the stock canopy. That's my theory anyway. I no longer use any sort of board protection (fuel line etc) now with the Xtreme canopies.

ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I should also mention that a few weeks back at indoor one of my Xtreme canopies took a direct blade strike from a 130x and the board lived. The canopy is a tough customer. It had a dent that just had to be pushed back out. Can't say the rest of the heli fared that well however
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
My nano flying is exclusively indoors and yes the impacts are allot harder on hardwood vs. grass. Given the "poor solder" theory it makes sense that jarring the board repeatedly on such a brutal surface will cause poor solder to crack. I will say I have only lost (1) board this season and I attribute that to the XTreme canopies I've switched to. They are light but *much* sturdier than the crappy paper thin and tight stock canopies that undoubtedly do a marginal job absorbing impact. The boards take a real beating with the stock canopy. That's my theory anyway. I no longer use any sort of board protection (fuel line etc) now with the Xtreme canopies.

I don't have any hard wood floors but I will note the canopy recommendation.
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 11:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Boards are a crap shoot. I had hundreds of flights on mine before I finally lost a board and I learned CP on it (read: I beat the living crap out of it).

Also I wouldn't bother buying a new board if it went. Just buy a whole new heli and keep the old for parts.
Krinaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinaman View Post
Boards are a crap shoot. I had hundreds of flights on mine before I finally lost a board and I learned CP on it (read: I beat the living crap out of it).

Also I wouldn't bother buying a new board if it went. Just buy a whole new heli and keep the old for parts.
Unless you're obsessed and have a Nano like mine where very little of it is left stock. When I wrecked my last board I would have been throwing away almost an entire Nano if I simply bought a new heli. I have no need for new servos and saved about $40 by just getting a new board on e-bay.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a FYI guys...

Rudy from MegasMicros is back from deployment and working to catch up the backlog of boards...

Welcome back Rudy !
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had to replace my first board after ~500 flights. This to cure "fall out of the sky" syndrome.

This is not the original board as that was switched out earlier during a troubleshoot. Put the original board in with ~250 flights and a lot of crashes. We will see how long this one lasts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in