Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default feathering shaft hits blade

i replaced my feathering shaft and the threaded end hits the blade. its not too tight, when i loosen it just a little the nut vibrates off and the blade grip and blade to flying across the room.

both o-rings are in stalled and the brass washers are facing the correct way.

is this normal?
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the blade holders stock?
Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never had that happen. The end of my feathering shaft is nowhere near the blade, with stock or microheli grips. Pictures would probably help.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Its all factory but the blades, they are from rkh, i put on the factory blades and those were worse
Old 02-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you install an aftermarket feathering shaft? Or it can possibly be something to do with the blade grips. Maybe the screw holes for the blades are way too close to the center hub and that's why it's touching? I'm a bit puzzled here because that's never happened to my Nano, and looking at it right now, I'm having a really hard time seeing how the feathering shaft can touch the blades.

I'm not sure if I can help much with this. There are people on this forum who are far more knowledgeable and experienced with these micros. A picture of your blade grips from the side close up would really help here so I can see the shaft touching would help me see what's going wrong. Otherwise my best advise would be to replace the blade grips or the O-rings in the hub. When my blades are lined straight up with the grips/spindle there is a good 2 or 3 millimeters of space between the end of my blade and the threaded end of my spindle. When I rotate my blades all the way inward so that they overlap, it looks like the end of the blade does touch. The threaded end of my feathering shaft IS closer to the blade than the nut end, but only by a tiny amount.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Old 02-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...psujjwyqvs.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...psbdsfauxc.jpg
Old 02-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Something's missing from that head... I can't see the brass washers... Might be worth stripping and looking at the exploded diagram to check. I'll see if i can post my pics of the head up... But something is out. Even with the bits... The feathering spindle looks long :S
Old 02-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Click image for larger version

Name:	head1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	571999

Click image for larger version

Name:	Head2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	572000

Could well be the o rings inside the hub as Canadian_Jesus says. I'd certainly be tempted to strip though and check everything. Also... (edited).. check your tightness - There should be play in the head between the hub and the blade grips. If it's tight, TBE will occur for sure.

Good luck

Ian
Old 02-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same thing with stock shafts I purchased not long ago.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took it apart and checked, everything is there, its just a bad pick but the washer is there along with the o-rings
Old 02-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like I said before, I'm no expert, but using my own Nano as reference, it really does look like that feathering shaft is either longer than it should be, or somehow the blade grips are too close together.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it really does look like that shaft has more threading coming out the end of the nut than it should. OP says that it's not too tight, and I'm inclined to believe him because that does look odd.

I'm sorry I'm not being much help with this. Right now my advise is to take it apart, make sure it's all together right, or simply buy a new spindle and put that one in. If the new spindle still touches the blades then something's awry with the way the head is assembled.

My own nano has given me headaches before, but this one has me right confuddled.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I have a chance, I will compare it to my other nano's shaft and see if they are the same length.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Compare to old shaft. Dremel and cut off wheel will fix unless it isn't threaded far enough.
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2015, 07:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

These helis are cheap, i have other issues with it. Power cuts in and out(tried new batteries, re-binding to my dx6i, re-binding to the dx4e) it bogs down, front landing gear socket is broken, tail twitching(with new and old tail booms with motors)

I might go get a new one and use this one for inverted practice

The way i put it together is, bearing first, o-ring second, and washer with flared end facing the blade grips
Old 03-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

From blade grip:
Bearing
Washer
O-ring
Hub
Saxo8v is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats how they are installed.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's not manufacturing issue, chances are you lost a bearing from the blade grip.
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

He also said that he was using after market blades which may have more material going into the blade grip,
And if that's not the issue their should be 2 bearings in each blade grip 1 inner hub side 1 outer blade side
Busher Pusher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in