Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 18mz dual rates and expo combined by switch?

My 8FG allows me to set 'dual rates' and expo together and combine them by switch. As an example SG up is 100% throw and -20 expo. SG mid position is 90% throw and -20 expo etc.

Looking at the 18mz manual I don't see how this is possible. It looks as though you can set throw limits and expo together in the AFR/DR menu but set them only by condition? Dual rates can be assigned to a switch but I don't see how dual rates and expo can be combined and assigned to a switch like the 8FG? Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, that's the way I would do it. I use conditions.
I didn't even know that one could assign dual rate directly to a switch.

1) Add a condition
2) Select the switch or combination of switch to select this condition
3) Select the new condition. Very important step or you will change values in an other one
4) Change any value related to the model for this condition
5) Add an other condition
6) ...repeat as above...

The conditions are not just a means to combine parameters. They are truly some set of parameters for a given part of the flight or a flight style.

For instance, you may have these four conditions :
- Normal (mandatory)
- Sport
- 3D
- Auto
And in each of these you may want to change the RPM, the dual rates, the expos, the timer and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehof View Post
...It looks as though you can set throw limits and expo together in the AFR/DR menu but set them only by condition?...
fr92Furtif is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks, I suppose I can live with that. I am picking up an 18mz this week. If I make a basic condition for my heli with throttle curves and pitch curves and everything else necessary, could I then 'copy' that condition to each new condition I want and then just change specific parameters like the throw rates and expo in the new condition?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, from memory that's the purpose of the button 'Copy' that you can see on this screen : http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/18m...112150502.html

I will try to find 5min to confirm this.
fr92Furtif is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I read a bit more of the manual and I can answer my own question. That copy button does indeed copy function so I can build the basic and then edit the others off the original after copy and renaming. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FYI, for anyone following this thread. You CAN have up to 6 different control throw rates and or expo curves for each flight condition assigned to a switch or switches. That's 6 different combinations of throw and expo or just 6 different rates or just 6 different expo curves. Or any combo of the two up to 6 combos on any switch or switches as needed...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in