Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problems with tail servo & ZYX-S

Hi. New to this forum and not quite sure where to post but here we go:

Finaliszng the build of my HK450 fbl but have problems with the zyx-s gyro. I have set it up and it works perfect for the collective, aileron and elevator but I have problems with the tail. It is not consistent and behaves differently. Most of the time does it not respond at all or respond very slow to yaw stick movements (only moves slightly) and does not respond at all to rotations of the helicopter. Sometimes am I able to move the tail servo but it drifts constantly to one yaw direction. Occasionally have I managed to move the servo art full speed but only for a short time. Sevo constantly makes "ticking" noise as it is trying to correct some thing. The servo initialises and centre perfect every time I plug the battery in. I have tried two servos with the same result so I do not think it is the servo. Since it do not respond to yaw movements I conclude that it must be the gyro and not the receiver since receiver is not involved there. 

Any advice?

Skickat från min S4 Active
Frank_W is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do you have any trim in your Tx?
M&P_Hooligan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Problems with tail servo & ZYX-S

How are you powering your electronics? This kinda sounds to me like your BEC is browning out when the tail servo moves.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Concerning Tx tail trim noting special. I do however get the correct signal when I have the gyro connected to the PC in the setup.

I power the electronics via the ESC, a 40A YEP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 12-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

When setting up in the software I get the correct input from the stick so I think the Tx settings are ok.

I power the servo via the 40A YEP esc. I'll test connecting the tail sevo to a swash port to see what happens.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What tail servo are you using? Your problem sounds similar to the problem I had trying to use the Hitec 5083MG tail servo, which uses a 960 us center pulse. Tarot claims you can use a 960 us servo, but I've seen several other posts in forums complaining of issues with them. Whenever I plugged in a fresh lipo on my helicopter, my tail servo would have very little throw to one side, and go all the way to bind on the other side, despite setting it up correctly in the ZYX software. All I had to do to get it to work right was plug it into my laptop and open the ZYX software, and connect, and then the tail would be properly centered and it would fly fine. But, for the next flight the problem returned until connecting to the ZYX app again. I tried wiping out all my settings and starting over, and flashing every firmware available, and nothing solved it, until I bought the Hitec 5084MG tail servo that uses the standard 1520 us, and now it works great.
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for answering. I have an Align ds525 and another Turnigy servo. Both digital 1520 us. I also tried connecing one of the cyclic servos to the ch4 and got the same behaviour and that servo worked in cyclic so it is not the servo.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also am new to zyx. I didnt have the same problems, but weird and made me suspect the zyx. I also used a YEP and the zyx was not initializing sometimes (blue led flashing). I tried a small spare linear ESC, just for test and the problem went away. I also had a single servo problem not initializing. This time downgrading to zyx 3.5 firmware fixed it. I had tried 4.01 and 4.02 with no luck. Eventually I found 4.0 and it is ok. BTW I recognize your city, I spent lots of time there with ABB.

Last edited by jbilliter; 12-17-2013 at 08:47 AM..
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in