Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #2041 (permalink)

My HF Map location

He will be turning 11 on the 7th... Wow how time flies..lol
I think half the problem is he knows that dad will fix it if he lets it sit for a day.. To me working and fixing is most of the fun.
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #2042 (permalink)
Registered Users

If he likes the flying side of it, just let him fly it. If he crashes you fix it. By the time hes 12 or 13 he will be fixing them himself

When he's 14 - 15 he can buy his own parts

-Jonny
Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #2043 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guy's I was testhovering with my 4#3b in the garden (no wind ,not to cold) and as this little heli always drops out of the air without any damage (long grass) I've risked my first piro's. Ok they where clumsy ,but I stayed airbourne, this is my first progress in months and I am very happy about it
Up to the next of maneouvers like side and tail out (or is it head in)
Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #2044 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great stuff Erwin. Love to hear about progress we are making.
I am a little disappointed with my 4G3 as it seems pretty feeble and I have not been able to fly it since the excursion by the battery caused a helical plummet onto my kitchens stone floor and destroyed the head and blades.
Have to say that my H-Rex is flying well, and am pleased with the new logictech tail servo. My setup is v good, shame it is not matched by my flying !!

Keep it up, as they say !!!!!!!!!

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 05:04 AM   #2045 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
Great stuff Erwin. Love to hear about progress we are making.
I am a little disappointed with my 4G3 as it seems pretty feeble and I have not been able to fly it since the excursion by the battery caused a helical plummet onto my kitchens stone floor and destroyed the head and blades.
Have to say that my H-Rex is flying well, and am pleased with the new logictech tail servo. My setup is v good, shame it is not matched by my flying !!

Keep it up, as they say !!!!!!!!!

Mike
Hi Mike
Don't get me wrong, a 4#3 does not fly like a cp heli but it is so small (when there is no wind outside) that you don't fear crashing in the long bumpy grass so you dare to try stuff you would not with a bigger heli.
I've read about your battery drop and hope you get it in the air soon ,outside with no wind so you can try some new stuff.
These little heli's are so small I take it anywhere with me, they are a bit more forgiving , leaving the bigger heli's gathering dust, but once I have more training I will try it with the belt too
Old 01-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #2046 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default She Flies!

As promised, here is the maiden flight of the 600n

Grant if you read this, can you tell if it is running too rich from this vid? I believe it is but don't know anything about nitros so unsure how to check?!
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #2047 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yeah baby Looks great mate how did she feel
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #2048 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

She felt super stable compared to the belt. My adrenaline was pumping like crazy and my hands were shaking Looking forward to getting more stick time with this beast

I intended doing some circuits but with the adrenaline pumping decided better to come home with it in one piece from the maiden flight! The little turns were me just checking out the gyro gain was ok. Hadn't set any expo on the tx which I will need a little on the cyclic and getting used to the collective is going to take a bit as with +/- 13 pitch she is quite sensitive. All in all very happy
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #2049 (permalink)

My HF Map location

That was nice... I bet that is crazy having that at your thumbs.. The thought of nitro heli's is nuts..lol With my gas trucks I sometimes have issues with it and think it would be freaky to be in the air when it cuts out.. Great job and hope to see more..
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #2050 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTboy View Post
That was nice... I bet that is crazy having that at your thumbs.. The thought of nitro heli's is nuts..lol With my gas trucks I sometimes have issues with it and think it would be freaky to be in the air when it cuts out.. Great job and hope to see more..
Grant mentioned before that the helicopter engines are a lot more reliable because the car nitro engines are so highly tuned that's why they have more problems.

As long as the engine is looked after and is being treated with the right lubrication etc it should rarely fail on you.

I think that was a bit rich Gerd But when breaking in the engine it is going to be rich anyway. The guy who owned it last has probably already run it in. It's just a case of tuning the needle valve slightly or maybe it's just the fuel mix is too rich. Does nitro fuel come with oil in it already or did you mix it yourself?

Take a look at Bobs "Break-in and engine tuning" video

Video Link ->Break-in and engine tuning (50 Megs)
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #2051 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very cool Psilo! I am not worthy
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #2052 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Gerd that is excellent. I think you made a wise choice to restrict yourself to test hovers and take it home. You can now check it out fully, and see if everything is still as it should be, before doing circuits the next time. I don't think nitro is for me though, I'm just about sick of it with planes, but well done regardless.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #2053 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's funny how on the sim I have been doing inverted hovers, tic-tocs (badly), lots of loops and rolls and nice slow figure 8's etc with the 600 model. The minute I get to the field with a real one the fear (and adrenaline) really kicked in and all I could think was the cost of parts if I ditched it!! Was so nice though, did 2 batteries on the CopterX first then the 600 and it was so much more stable. Got to be careful not to forget about my 450's now!
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Old 01-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #2054 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

By way of contrast:

Thanks Jack, Brian and Chelsea for demonstrating the worth of getting an mCX. I have received my Bind 'n' Fly version this morning and I can't believe how good it is. For the first time I will be able to show other people what to do, let them have a go, and have time to help them with it, etc. It is incredible, what an engineering marvel. Perfectly stable, virtually trimmed right out of the box, and simply great fun. If I have a criticism it would be that it is going to be too easy for me and may put me off the 450, but that is a small worry compared to the benefits of being able to let other people have a go. It flies hands free, almost forever, well not really, but you know what I mean. Honestly it is absolutely superb and if you don't believe me, watch this.

BTW you might want to watch it full screen on youtube because the little beast is so small it will be hard to make out in the window above.

Cheers
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #2055 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys whats going on? I just spent 4 days out of town which was only suppose to be one day. It was fun though. Big field party for new years and way to much brew. We pulled our 30 foot camper down to stay in. Problem came when it started raining the next day. Stuck in the mud. Some of the party folks went home so we were able to move into the house. Day 2 more drinking and more rain. This went on till this morning the drinking and rain. Finally I decided that the old liver was going to put up the white flag if we didn't get out of there. So here I am back on the freak with a muddy a$$ truck and no camper. We had to leave it behind till it drys out.

Nice flying Psilo. I need to pick me up a 600. Happy new years folks
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #2056 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sutty, what did you go and do that for, now I just have to get myself an Mcx !! Nice video though, looks a world of difference to the 4#3b which requires a lot more input but is still great fun.
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #2057 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OOOOOOKAAAAAAAY Been offline for a couple of days and to make it short...

Denis looking very good smooth flying! I can tell your setup is spot on too! I bet you are quite happy!

Gerd I bet the nerves are incredible! I get nervous taking out the Belt since I never have a chance to go out and fly!

Andy nice demo flight no pilot needed! Looks like fun!

Creteus wash your truck! and take some Advil!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #2058 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea the mcx is a blast. Its definintly got the bug going for me again. Its a good warm up to the larger birds.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #2059 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gerd, the sound on my Laptops stopped working so i cant hear it.
But, to check to see if its too rich/lean you do the finger test.
On the bottom of the engine theres a big indent . Put your finger in there, and if its barely warm its running rich, if it feels very hot its too lean. People say you should be able to leave your finger in there for 3 seconds without being burnt, but i think thats risky. I run mine a little cooler so i can keep my finger on the bottom for 10 seconds or so before it starts to get too hot. Runs great like that.

Smoke wise it looks fine, so i would hook up the carbsmart now and see where the needle is mid-flight. If its hard to the right then lean it out a click or two, if its hard to the left richen it up a click or two.

Take it easy for a few flights to get the feel for it. then just go up high and try everything you can do in the sim

Ive got some good videos of this weekends flying i will try and put on youtube in the next week or two. more to take tommorow. (so far non of me, but wil try tomoz).
Old 01-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #2060 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Grant, thanks! Think I am probably a little rich as the guy was running 30% and I am only on 10% nitro which I understand means I need to lean it down a bit, and i haven't touched the needle since receiving it. With regards to the carbsmart, don't have one yet! Misread the auction, it has a carbsmart sensor installed but he didn't include the unit itself, will get one soon I think. One question with that, how do you check where the needle is mid flight?!

Have just got myself an AR7100R and will be installing that as opposed to using the Revmax, so will probably sell the AR9000 and Revmax on ebay. Also thinking about getting the Switchglo but that can wait a while. At present running a 0,15, 33, 44, 65 throttle curve for normal and 65-58-50-58-60 for Idle up.

Just glad to have her running and in the air now, will be doing much the same as today for the first few flights then start with some slow figure eights and build up from there.
[B][COLOR="Blue"]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in