Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So to save some grief here is the wiring for a 120* CCPM AILGN using @ least a 7 channel Rx.

From your Rx to the CPII

RX AUX1 >>>>> CPII RCV3
RX ELEV >>>>> CPII RCV1
RX AILE >>>>>> CPII RCV2
------------------------------------------

BeastX ELE / DI1 >>>>> CPII SVO1
BeastX AIL / CHS >>>>> CPII SVO2
BeastX AUX / PIT ( RED lead) >>>>> CPII SVO3

The other 2 signal lines for tail gain and rudder are installed to the RX.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey51592 View Post
Hi all,
I am trying to justify the wiring dialogued in the Beastx instructions, and what has been posted in the CP2/Beast Schematic diagram.
My Dx7s Tx is set up with the Aux 1 channel as the pitch channel, and the rest are as normal. On the the CP2/Beast Schematic, it has the Aux1 output from the Rx lining up with no 2 channel on the CPII, which is corresponding to the Aileron out on the Beastx. According to the Beastx (Spektrum) Rx connection diagram, the red wire (Pitch) from the Beastx plugs into the Aux1 output of the Spektrum Rx. Would this not naturally follow through to the CPII connection set-up as Pitch channel – ie. Aux1? Currently the red Beastx pitch wire is lining up with no 3 CPII channel, which then lines up with the Rx Aileron channel.
Basically stated – should not the Aileron channel from the Rx, line up with the Aileron channel in the Beastx (through the CPII) – which it is currently not?
This seems erroneous to me…
Regards Smokey.
2 x diagrams enclosed
Hi Smokey,
You probably are already aware but if not, did you know that CoPilot does not care what channels you choose to run through it. Aileron can use SVO1, 2 or 3. Same with elevator and pitch. When you go thought CPII setup CPII learns which channels are connected to CPII.
Jack
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What night just posted works, and is what I posted about earlier, as I couldn't find his at the time, but also I wanted to include a little more detail, so I didn't look too hard for his, and just went ahead and posted it myself. Mine has every single wire listed, and whilst not a drawing, it is right, and does work, and is the same as night's above, since I used his as a starting guide to do mine. I know what Jack just posted is true, but in my opinion it is simpler to just stick to following straight through with a single plan in mind. 1 in 1 out, 2 in 2 out, 3 in 3 out.

I can't be sure from your post, as I'm finding it a little difficult to follow for some reason, but I think the small confusion might have arisen from the fact that we have mixed terms in ccpm heli flying, now that we have FBL controllers that do the mixing instead of the Tx.

With a traditional set-up, we often refer to the two aileron servos as aileron and pitch servos. With FBL though, it is clear that we need a different/better set of descriptions, as the functions come as individual channels from the Rx. Aileron is just one channel, and that single channel comes from aileron, at the RX, and is used by the FBL controller, the MB, to work the two servos, previously referred to as aileron and pitch servos. If you look at the MB manual you will see that these two servos are now described as Aileron Servo 1, and Aileron servo 2, to avoid confusion. Elevator comes from the single channel 'Elevator' in the Rx, and this works all 3 servos, yet this is clear and causes no confusion.

Maybe pitch, with the advent of all these FBL controllers requiring single channels from the Tx/Rx, should now be called collective? Not that there is anything wrong with pitch, it's just that it can cause confusion with the legacy descriptions.

Collective, or pitch does come from Aux1, and it is the red wire to the MB.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; 07-13-2012 at 09:49 AM..
sutty is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nightflyr, Sutty, N6NEV, and jdd1,
Guys, thank you all for your input - I'm sorry to cloud the waters, I certainly didn't mean to! Sutty I think you're right - it's the terms that have confounded me, and they have certainly stemmed from my fly-bar beginnings. I understand that the FBL system does all the mixing, and that the CPII just facilitates the process, as well as doing it's stabilizing work. Having the terms clear in my mind will make it easier for me for sure - it's just like the old term however, about pictures (diagrams), speaking louder than words.
So, to make myself clear - with my 7 channels, I can choose to use my Tx (Aux2) - proportional knob on my Dx7s to On/Off on the CPII, and my rudder gain from my Tx (Gear channel) to Beastx – and in doing this, Rudder and Tail gain by-passes the CPII by connecting directly into the Beastx from my Rx – leaving channel 4 on the CPII free? The other 3 channels thus –

RX AUX1 >>>>> CPII RCV3….. CPII SVO3 >>>>> BeastX AUX / PIT (RED lead)
RX AILE >>>>>> CPII RCV2….. CPII SVO2>>>>> BeastX AIL / CHS
RX ELEV >>>>> CPII RCV1….. CPII SVO1>>>>> BeastX ELE / DI1

Looking back at my drawing (done at 3am whilst working) I can see that I have mixed up some connections and terms. I’ll fix that up and re-post for clarification.
Just one other query – power for the Beastx must get channelled via the Rx I assume, as the Beastx SYS is only used as a power inlet if you’re using a Satellite receiver?
Again, many thanks to you all – Smokey…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CP2-BEASTX Schematic.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	331870  
Smokey51592 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello Smokey
Yes you can input power that way.
There are also several different methods to feed power ( such used with HV servo setups) that can be used.
Any open port on the BeastX can be used to input power.
If I remember correctly the POS and NEG buses are all tied
One item to note..
When using a separate Rx with your setup and depending on which one you use.
You may need to remove the RED lead wire from the On/Off lead from the CPII back to the Rx.
In some configurations you can back feed voltage to the Rx from the CPII, Don't ask how I know this.
AR7100 is a prime example.
Quote:
Nightflyr, Sutty, N6NEV, and jdd1,
Guys, thank you all for your input - I'm sorry to cloud the waters, I certainly didn't mean to! Sutty I think you're right - it's the terms that have confounded me, and they have certainly stemmed from my fly-bar beginnings. I understand that the FBL system does all the mixing, and that the CPII just facilitates the process, as well as doing it's stabilizing work. Having the terms clear in my mind will make it easier for me for sure - it's just like the old term however, about pictures (diagrams), speaking louder than words.
So, to make myself clear - with my 7 channels, I can choose to use my Tx (Aux2) - proportional knob on my Dx7s to On/Off on the CPII, and my rudder gain from my Tx (Gear channel) to Beastx – and in doing this, Rudder and Tail gain by-passes the CPII by connecting directly into the Beastx from my Rx – leaving channel 4 on the CPII free? The other 3 channels thus –

RX AUX1 >>>>> CPII RCV3….. CPII SVO3 >>>>> BeastX AUX / PIT (RED lead)
RX AILE >>>>>> CPII RCV2….. CPII SVO2>>>>> BeastX AIL / CHS
RX ELEV >>>>> CPII RCV1….. CPII SVO1>>>>> BeastX ELE / DI1

Looking back at my drawing (done at 3am whilst working) I can see that I have mixed up some connections and terms. I’ll fix that up and re-post for clarification.
Just one other query – power for the Beastx must get channelled via the Rx I assume, as the Beastx SYS is only used as a power inlet if you’re using a Satellite receiver?

Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
If you're using a satellite receiver only you cannot use CPII anyway. If you're using a satellite together with a normal receiver then you can ignore the satellite, and just worry about what you are doing with the main receiver outputs. In terms of power, night is correct, just use any vacant slot, other than the multi slot, Pitch, Gain, Rud, the D1 thingy, for extra power. Since you need this slot anyway it is clear you can't put power there, but anywhere else is just on the main MB power bus. If you put power on the D1 slot you will damage the MB. This one port only is a no no for power, as all three lines are signal lines.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi again guys,
Ok - I see. So if I was just going to use the normal (Reciever) type set-up, no satellite (don't think I'll go that way due to the reduced range) then I don't have to worry about separate power feed to the MB? I can power my MB from the existing connections that come from the Rx?
What I guess I'm asking is - do I need an extra power feed to the MB in the standard Spektrum connection? I don't see any specific mention in the MB manual relating to how it gets its power, other than requiring a "sufficiently large and stable receiver power supply" and also in the satellite set-up scenario.
Cheers, Smokey
Old 07-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your power requirements are directly related to the type of servos your running, Std vs. HV and the type of flying you'll be doing.. sport mild 3D vs. hardcore 3D.

For general flying and such the standard hook up will do the trick.
Unless you plan on loading up your cyclic to the max and/or running an extremely agile machine.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey nightflyr - thanks for your input, I very much appreciate it!
Regards, Paul.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in