Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2016, 10:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Update

Found the tail slider to be sticky (after making sure it was butter smooth. Not sure why this is happening
I ordered another slider in hopes it fixes my problem.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 12:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Sorry to hear about your continuing woes. Wagging tails have to be one of the most frustrating things as it probably has more potential causes than any other build or setup issue.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the slider is sticky try this :

take one side off ( undo screw to grip ) and try , should be smooth.

Repeat for other side to see.

If it's smooth for both those tests , try with both grip bolts backed off ( say 1 turn )

If it's smooth for those tests then you need a washer under one of the balls to the grip to shim it up a touch.

I used a super thin washer only on 1 side ( this is how slight we need for this fix) . I used a washer from my washer bin but it was a thin one I'd guess from under a trex mixing arm.

Search out my user name , should be some more info out there.

I had to do my 1st shipment 800 , 2nd shipment 700 , I also have a stacked frame 700 newer one that didn't need it , and a newer 800 that didn't.

On my 7/800's I can put heli on side with 1 grip off and the weight of the slider will move grip (less blades).

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

That's pretty cool!
Old 04-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure I'm understanding the washer thing. My slider was butter smooth. When I pulled off the tail hub the slider was sticky. Much more one way than the other. This was with nothing attached to the slider. For whatever reason (with no lube of any kind) the slider is getting gummed up and causing problems

Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine would slide smooth as can be with only 1 grip bolted up.

Once the second grip got bolted up it had a stiffer feel to it with tight spots.

After a night or 2 of tinkering with it I decided to shim one side and it's now butter smooth through the entire range. 200+ flights later on each heli , I'm sure it's not a big deal no more as there is wear on the tailshaft/slider to make more wiggle room.

For oiling I have a combo of old and new school.

After about 5-8 flights I find the shaft gets a dirty looking coating on it (dirt field) . I wipe it with a towel , then oil up with tri flow , work it back and forth drawing out the dirt , after a few times it stays clean and your back to the shiny tail shaft.

After that i'll treat with triflow or drifluids .

Repeat as necessary.

A side note on oils ..

I was putting a little triflow on the mainshaft / swash ball and found it would gum up after a bit. Actually had a flight where it was acting up on the pitch. I ended up treating with triflow and wiping off.

During that time I did get a bit into the swash ball / black retainer. I found it caused it to swell and get tighter. Stock XX swashes are tight to start with.
I ended up modding my swash to loosen it up a bit , took a few tries, now it's snug but not nasty tight.

I do my best not to let any oil in there anymore. Several hundred flights later I can say that the swash ball/black retainer doesn't require oil

Martin
Old 04-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Send it to me
Old 04-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got the new slider today. Will try it out tomorrow. Everybody cross your fingers. I miss flying the "daddy" helicopter as my daughter calls it.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WAG STILL THERE
The entire tail is new except tail case sides and tail lever. All my settings are the same as Ron's. Is it possible something is goofy in the Neo???
I also has the FFF wag like gain is to high (never did before). It didn't shake super bad but you could really hear it. Ron wants me to send the tail to him (not a problem there) but still cant see anything wrong in the tail

Old 04-23-2016, 11:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

That sucks.

Could be Neo. FBL's have been found marginal before. Of course that usually is the last place one looks. Could be the mounting of the Neo. I'd try the vibe analyzer. Specifically look for low frequency vibes while testing out lower rpms before fully spooling up, without blades, and then with blades at the field.

I'm guessing this now has less than 50% chance of being in the tail and could compound the frustration to send off the tail only to hear that it's all good at that end. The other thing is that it may only show up when your tail is connected to your frame due to something slightly off being compounded with something else slightly off. I'd try the vibe thing before sending off. You could also run it with and without tail attached.

Just another thought. Have you checked the boom supporting struts? Perhaps one side is solid while the other is looser?
Old 04-24-2016, 01:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another possible check would be the grip bearings / thurst pack / plastic grip flashing

If the thrust set is right , bearings are good then check for flashings on the grip where the bearings seat.

Might bind up under load.

Martin
Old 04-24-2016, 01:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys. I hate tail wag! Especially those that won't go away when dialing down the gain 🤔 i know how frustrating it can get when it keep hunting you. Until yesterday i have been in the same situation on my G500. I had tried everything until one of my buddies asked how is the helt - i tensioned it just a little bit more and it was gone. Weeks of trouble solving came to an end - that was so nice.! My point is what those wags especially the slow ones can come from a lot of things fx. Vibrations! On my logo 700xx i had a similar tail issue that i coulden't locate, i found out that the mounting plate for the fbl was a little loose causing the Wibes! Please remenber to tjeck that i gave mine some heat glue and i went away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MartinHansson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have used the vibe analyzer and found nothing. My gyro tray is tight and not moving. I do have the Neo from my 400 I could unbind (never done that before) and set it up on the 800. Would I need to do anything with the ESC? Could I just put the numbers in and not go through the ESC set up again? I could also put a complete 700 tail assembly on my 800 (guy in my club bought my old 700). I could also take every nut and bolt in the model apart. Clearly something is wrong and just cant seem to find it

Old 05-04-2016, 07:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

if u have another fbl, then use that.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I shipped my tail and Neo (with rescue) to Ron. I'm really hoping he finds the issue.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you ever get this worked out? If so what was it?
AdrianStockton3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in