Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #221 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwahid View Post
I've had the Phoenix sim for several years and gave not been able to set it up correctly with a spektrum dx9. The problem is I'm always in idol up mode no matter what I try to do. I have calibrated several times and I'm not able to solve this. Can anyone please pm instructions or provide me with a contact number that I can call to sort this. I've tried tro call horizon hobby several times with no help.
You need to turn the governor off on models you want to use normal curve.

Even though the original post was for Phoenix 3, it still holds today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Now you can go to work on the sim model. Try to select a "3D" or "intermediate" variant of the model because a lot of the setup will already be done for you. The following are the important things to make sure are set up in the sim (not in the radio):
  • The throttle, pitch, aileron, and elevator curves should be set up to be linear and expos should be turned off:
    System>Your controls, click on your TX, click on Edit, and click on the button in the Curve column
  • The idle-up and throttle hold functions should be turned off and remain off:
    System>Your controls, click on your TX, click on Edit, and select "Unmapped" in the Input column next to Throttle Hold and Idle Up
  • The collective pitch range should be set up to be symmetrical around zero pitch and to suited to your tastes (e.g. +11 and -11):
    Model>Edit, click on Detailed if running Phoenix 3, click on Main Rotor, and edit the Minimum pitch, Mid pitch (set to 0.0), and Maximum pitch
  • Optionally, if you want to use the throttle curves with no governing, turn off the governor:
    Uncheck the "Rotor governor enabled" option. Location of option:
    Phoenix 2.x: Model>Edit, click on Main Rotor.
    Phoenix 3: Model>Edit, click on Detailed, open the Rotor governor menu.
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default swash type calibration issues

So im trying to calibrate my dx6i to phoenix 5. Ive combed the forum, and unless ive missed it(which is possible) i havnt seen someone with this problem yet. After i do the full circle rotation of both sticks i get three bars moving with the left stick. It says if that happens then the swash setting isnt on 1servo90, yet mine is on 1 servo 90. ive tried multiple times starting from scratch with the same results each time. Im sure its just a simple setting that ive missed, im so new im not putting anything out of the question.
loneranger6886 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #223 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger6886 View Post
So im trying to calibrate my dx6i to phoenix 5. Ive combed the forum, and unless ive missed it(which is possible) i havnt seen someone with this problem yet. After i do the full circle rotation of both sticks i get three bars moving with the left stick. It says if that happens then the swash setting isnt on 1servo90, yet mine is on 1 servo 90. ive tried multiple times starting from scratch with the same results each time. Im sure its just a simple setting that ive missed, im so new im not putting anything out of the question.
Under System > Your Transmitter there should be a "Calibrate" button.

If you have a transmitter calibrate model (you should), you can then calibrate all channels. I use a + pattern on the sticks instead of a circle. (There are reasons behind this due to how transmitter gimbal potentiometers are interpreted).

All channels should then go from bottom to top.

Once you have calibrated, go back to your regular sim model in your transmitter.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #224 (permalink)

How do u get idle up and throttle to work on 9503?
crazy Jim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2016, 04:02 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

how do you hookup the with the Vbar Vcontrol with the wireless and without the wireless?
Old 02-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicrazy2 View Post
how do you hookup the with the Vbar Vcontrol with the wireless and without the wireless?
+1
Jim Hansen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

can get lift off on my helicopter, please help. I set it up as they said and it wont work. Im using a Spektrum DXe
promtber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 10:18 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by promtber View Post
can get lift off on my helicopter, please help. I set it up as they said and it wont work. Im using a Spektrum DXe
Reverse pitch channel in Phoenix, sounds like you're full negative.
HAL9KPCM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix USB interface

I keep getting a mesage that my USB interface in not being detected by Phoenix. I'm using a Spektrum WS2000 USB. Will this sim work with a Spektrum wireless USB or must I use the wired USB for Phoenix?
Zip Collins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default phoenix dongle

Does the dongle for Realflight work for Phoenix
Papa Jim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2022, 11:27 AM   #231 (permalink)

Default Fix for Phoenix crashing on Windows 10

Just an fyi, Phoenix wouldn't run on my Windows 10 PC until I upgraded the Nvidia graphics drivers. Now it works great.

Mike M.
mmcmillin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2022, 10:07 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Jim View Post
Does the dongle for Realflight work for Phoenix?
If you mean the RealFlight 7.5 dongle with hardware protection: No.

It is proprietary up to 7.5.
Rf8-9.5s / Evolution don't use hardware dongles anymore, a normal game controller or wireless Usb interface adapter is enough.

FYI: RF vs Phoenix have their own unique dongles with hardware copy protection.

The RF InterLink Elite Usb controller gets detected as a UsbHid device.
So you can use the controller as an interface / game controller with Heli-X, AccuRc and Next and other Sims.

Phoenix 5.5 requires its own proprietary black dongle, not a normal joystick / game controller.

Else you need to use a 12-in-1 / 22-in-1 China dongle with the hardware switch with copied hardware protection (real dongle code on the chip).
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in