Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone having issues getting parts?

I crashed my X50e recently. First item I couldn't replace was the CF boom. It's been discontinued. Found the alum boom which was about 1/5 the cost at least, but still not original. Spent the money on new frame sides . The crash wasn't bad except for crumpling the frames. Spooled up after replacing frames and tail boom + TT and had a vibe.

I tried to order a new spindle & already had a spare main shaft. The spindle is no longer available PV1361 and the "replacement" part # PV1441 is WRONG. Right now I'm waiting for Thunder Tiger to tell me I have to buy a new complete head assembly to use the replacement spindle.

I also messed up the piece that locks the tail case to the boom with the peg. That part is supposed to be in the pitch lever parts bag per the manual and it's NOT.

Too bad, it's such a nice machine but if you can't get the right parts it's worthless IMO. Looks like I'll be parting out the air frame, sans electronics.

I'm in the US and parts seem to be disappearing. Anyone else having this sort of issue? I know this forum is all but dead so that could be my answer. If you have one of these machines, DON'T CRASH.
SilentD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Based on this thread PV1441 is the right part.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ghlight=PV1441
Aziego is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't see how. I just read through that and they are complaining about needing numerous shims. For some reason I'm wondering if 1441 is for the nitro only. TT has yet to respond to my email so we'll see what they say about it.

PV1441 shown at top. The 1361 is on the bottom that came out of my X50e.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need to double check but I think I got the new spindle with the X50f kit that i just assembled. It is shorter and did not notice play on the grips as with my X50e which has the original spindle. People has complained of the play with the original spindle and has installed shims to take out the play. I never did with my x50e as it never bothered me.

Also note on the first post of that thread, you need new thrust bearings to use the new spindle. Likely to compensate for the lack of the step at the end.
Aziego is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, that makes sense that the thrust bearings need to be replaced. Imagine that, another expense. And to no surprise they are out of stock as well lol. Time to hunt for someone with those in stock.

As far as play on the original spindle I don't have any.

Thanks for the info and pointing out what I missed in that thread.

Gotta love Avid RC. I found the thrust bearings, http://avidrc.com/product/1/bearings...-bearings.html
Old 06-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I had a crash myself. Ended up having to change the tail boom only to find out the cf boom is no more.The aluminum tailboom is ok but not like the original.

Unfortunately the heli is grounded. I think I need new blades. On spool up the heli shakes violently and wants to destroy itself.

I wonder if they are focusing more on the 700 and gave up on the X50e.

Seems like Tower is the only shop that has a decent amount of spare parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140613_175844.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	517290  
superem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 03:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads-up on the new straight spindle (versus the original stepped one), and the new thrust bearings required. Once both these parts are available from Tower Hobbies I'll def order them since my original head is starting to get a bit sloppy. Thanks again.

I really do not understand why TT went with the stepped spindle to begin with?

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

superem,
Have you replaced the main shaft? If it was the blades it should be obvious by inspecting them. A bent main shaft will cause a violent shake, depending on the severity of the bend.

I had to get my new spindle from a place called prop shop hobbies in Michigan. They showed 2 in stock so I bought them both. Regarding the thrust bearings I bought those from Avid RC.

TomC,
You might want to see if Avid will ship international. If they won't I would be happy to get them and ship to you. I bought new tail grip bearings as well from Avid as I have been buying my bearings from them for land RC for years. I buy whatever heli bearings I can from them but unfortunately they don't have the X50 main grip size.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont think the main shaft or spindle is bent.

I was able to remove both from their perspective areas with no problems.

With blades removed and power applied the head spin freely with no vibration or binding

I had a spare blade i hoped would work with the blade that was not damage in my last crash.

I believe out of balance blades is my problem.

I am new to the heli scene so any help is appreciated.
superem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blades are generally matched in the package, but a blade from one set and a blade from another could be WAY off. I like them within a tenth of a gram, and the spanwise and chordwise CG's matched within half a mm, but those are rather stringent demands. Generally if they're within a gram and a mm on each of those you won't see huge shakes. I've matched blades from different sets for the same reason as you and it takes a bit of effort but you can make them work. I started back when we had to build/balance/finish wooden blades so it doesn't bother me too much to work with them. In this day and age we're a bit spoiled as you can just take a set of glass or carbon blades out of the package and bolt them on. Blade balancing is becoming a lost art.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im finally putting my x50 back together and have been running into this prob as well. Not that I cant find them at all just having to look around to find stuff.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a bit of a bummer and a bit of a concern IMO. I guess that's the advantage of Blade and Align helis,

you know parts are readily available and will be for years to come.
NightHawke 250 4S
347mont is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy115833 View Post
Im finally putting my x50 back together and have been running into this prob as well. Not that I cant find them at all just having to look around to find stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 347mont View Post
It's a bit of a bummer and a bit of a concern IMO. I guess that's the advantage of Blade and Align helis,

you know parts are readily available and will be for years to come.
I've been flying the heck out of my x50e for almost 2 years now, trouble free. This is the best 50e heli I have ever owned/flown. I have not had any crashes thanks to my Helicommand hc3sx (famous last words, lol!).

My only fix has been to CA glue the main grip bearings to take the small amount of rocking play out of it.

Otherwise, just general maintenance.

It will be interesting to see what changes that TT introduce with their next version of the x50e. I suspect that this will simply include a cheaper Al tail boom and non-stepped 7mm spindle (and hence larger diameter thrust bearings). This non-stepped spindle and it's thrust bearings seems to be the only parts that are hard to source right now. However, these should be in stock soon.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone having issues getting parts?

I'm looking for 11T & 12T .8 mod pinion gear. Where can I get them.
TT Titan X50E, Savox, AR7200BX, CC 125, 600MX DX18
laoheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

When trying some motors I needed pinions outside the range that's available from TT and used some I got at IRCHA a couple years ago from a vendor there. I think they were for a fusion 50

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Plenty of parts in this factory sealed x50e kit.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=648009
vburge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great offer vburge, close to what I paid for my X50e kit last year.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see what changes that TT introduce with their next version of the x50e. I suspect that this will simply include a cheaper Al tail boom and non-stepped 7mm spindle (and hence larger diameter thrust bearings). This non-stepped spindle and it's thrust bearings seems to be the only parts that are hard to source right now. However, these should be in stock soon.
If I had to make an educated guess, I would look for a Raptor 600. Solely basing this on the Raptor E550 that came out a couple months back and the fact that they've already come out with a Raptor E700 V2. I'm sure just as they are not telling the mainstream if there will be a X50 series V2, they aren't letting on about a Raptor 600 either.

I finally got my customer service package for the thrust bearings from Hobby Services 2 weeks ago. It took me a minute to figure out what they sent me before I opened the envelope. Nothing like almost 3 month delay. Glad I sourced from Avid or the heli would have down a long time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in