Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rakonheli Nano CPX alu upgrades for Nano CPX

Rakonheli also started,

do we need it?
No.
Will we buy it?
Yes

Rakonheli does already list - in stock - several upgrades, but so far no swashplate:

Blade grips silver or red 24.99 US$

Rotorhead silver or red 14.99 US$:

For swashplate we still have to take Microheli Swashplate for 24.99 (maybe even cheaper here):

There seems to be a problem with the advanced X-Swashplate mount from Microheli X-Swash - maybe because of this already again out of stock, see this thread here.

Start spending money
This time I will probably wait some weeks to read review before not to be again the guinea pig.
BTW:
Did not need any spare parts (but changed tail tube and died brushed motors) in my Nanos so far; even swashplates can be fixed with CA good and easily.

Gruß,

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Rakonheli also started,

There seems to be a problem with the advanced X-Swashplate mount from Microheli X-Swash - maybe because of this already again out of stock, see this thread here.

Start spending money
This time I will probably wait some weeks to read review before not to be again the guinea pig.
this time i do a guinea pig too
today, i'm brushlessing my nano and I couldn't resist the temptation to have a complete allu rotor head!
rookieboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been waiting for the Lynx hub because it looks beefier, but I might just jump on the RKH parts because I sure love bling man and I already told myself that I will never upgrade my Nano like I did with my MCPX haha
Old 11-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

wont get any till I'm in for another maintenance cycle.

I swear, this time will be different than other times before. I just know it.............
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has Airtime skids and a mild brushless kit. Because stock skids are weak and stock motors suck. That's it and that's all it will get. I've already built a $500+ 130X and will not follow suit with the Nano.
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
For swashplate ...... maybe even cheaper here):
Check cart carefully! Once it is in your shopping cart it shows "PRE-ORDER"

nano CPX - nano CPX BL - 2 x MCPX V1 BL - 2 x MCPX BL - 230S - MQX - Gaui 330X - 4G6V-FBL - 4G6V - cX450pro - T450pro - T500 DFC - Gaui EP550 FBL
xs4reak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime0 View Post
Mine has Airtime skids and a mild brushless kit. Because stock skids are weak and stock motors suck. That's it and that's all it will get. I've already built a $500+ 130X and will not follow suit with the Nano.
Same here. Plus a solid tail and alu tail motor mount (and a protective cage). My Nano is almost bullet proof (with the canopy pin mod!). But I think I will buy a MH swash to get it more precise and stronger. The stock swash has designed in weak points that break a little too easily IMO.

Real shame about the stock motors! I find they are better suited for indoor house flying as they are very quiet. But boy do they wear out fast... I hope they can get a different sub supplier there, better quality or that we can get some aftermarket brushed ones...
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stay tuned next month. They will be sending me a set for reviews.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered the blade grips/ rotor head kit, along with the tail motor mount kit.
I have bought several tail booms already and plan to make my own from now on.
gunnerkc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well,
Rakon Swashplate is out, in red and silver, and in two versions - with anti rotation rear bracket and without; as it has been in Microheli swash.

http://www.rakonheli.com/rkh/index.p...emart&Itemid=1

Any reviews so far on the AR-bracket, problems as they are in the Microheli swash?

Well, saw this too late - ordered MH swash some hours ago, but anyway curious on reviews on the RKH stuff.

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well,
Rakon Swashplate is out, in red and silver, and in two versions - with anti rotation rear bracket and without; as it has been in Microheli swash.

http://www.rakonheli.com/rkh/index.p...emart&Itemid=1

Any reviews so far on the AR-bracket, problems as they are in the Microheli swash?

Well, saw this too late - ordered MH swash some hours ago, but anyway curious on reviews on the RKH stuff.

Walter
i wonder if the rear ball link being reversed will mess with the swash being level....?
bondkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They informed me earlier that they'll be shipping my set today. I should get'em sometime early next week.
I will be doing my usual review for them by then.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
They informed me earlier that they'll be shipping my set today. I should get'em sometime early next week.
I will be doing my usual review for them by then.
nice! keep us updated, i'm really looking forward to a review before i pull the trigger myself
bondkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fortunately, there isn't a lot of upgrades for the Nano. Mostly swash, hub, grips, tail-fin, and tail-motor mount. As small as these parts are, I bet the Nano will be the cheapest to upgrade.
They'll be sending me two sets, a silver set for my Dad's white/blue Hughes 500 Nano that I did the how-to-scale thread on, and a red set for my Magnum PI 500 Nano project. I am planning on buying a second Nano soon so I can keep one mostly stock with silver head.

The Magnum PI model should look sweet with the red head on top of it.

I look forward to doing these reviews, but I'm almost terrified of working on such a tiny little helicopter. The MCPX was a pain to work with as it was, but the Nano being even smaller, these parts are probably going to be difficult I can imagine, but we'll see. Still fun to upgrade these little birdies.

Still hope I can land me a brushless conversion kit for my Magnum PI 500 project, it's definitely going to need the extra oomph!

I'm also aching for some white KBDD's for them.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Varc, whats up? Any Reviews yet?

Greets, R.
Cadeyrn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The parts are in Memphis right now. I will be getting them tomorrow and probably be doing the review this weekend.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
The parts are in Memphis right now. I will be getting them tomorrow and probably be doing the review this weekend.
Very nice =) Thanks alot for all the work you put into this!

Greets, R.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Parts came in today! MY GOD ARE THEY TINY! This is going to be a PIA to work with I think. I'm not entirely sure I'm looking forward to this project, but the helicopter sure will be sweet when done. I'll probably get into it later this week as I'm just finally recovering from a flue this past weekend and still low on energy.
Have to say, the parts are simply gorgeous looking!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just received my RKH Swashplate and what the heck it's tiny. I can completely agree with Varc it was an absolute pain to get that thing mounted XD.
For the Antirotation guide, which is mounted with two screws you'll first have to drill two little holes into the frame with a tiny hand drill RKH provides for us, I was literally laughing as I realized what I was supposed to do, but well, after 2 hours that thing is finally standing there, just did my first flight with it and it's absolutely awesome. I didn't expect to much change, for me it was just a durability sort of thing but it definetly helps to make that little bird alot more precise. Worth every buck in my opinion.

And by the way, the anti rotation guide does have the same problem as the mh one had, it touches the swashplate. But I'm not to sure if I maybe somehow drilled the hole in an angle or my frame isn't absolute straight where it mounts, so maybe you won't have that problem. I fixed it pretty fast with filing a little angle into the bottom of the carbon AR guide or bending the plastic one.

The swashplate itself seems to be absolutely perfect, no wobble at all, very smooth bearing, can't see any flaw.

So all in all, the AR guide needed some minor fix, the swashplate is great for now and shipping was pretty fast to germany (10 Days, was shipped 30th Nov.) Yeah, well done RKH!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Installed parts on Dads Nano, then got sent to hospital. Will do review when back home and assemble my red-head.

Installing parts had nothing to do with hospital. LOL! Got sick over past week with fluid around heart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in