Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

So a prop?? I was wondering stock is 10x6 wood, I have some spare 8.5x6.25 plastic aftermarket props for the quad, can I use them on the Ugly-er Stick to mellow the speed? They do fit the prop adapter and are a bit thicker plastic also stiffer than the stock quad props.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forget the landing gear. Belly land it on the grass. Unless you build a major structural hardwood plate to accept high impact the gear will be ripped off more than you can imagine.

Sounds like the same glue that came with my Penguin.
Don't sweat it. First planes don't look good nut once. Future knowledge.

I use the blue masking tape to hold things in place until it cures. I keep a roll of stranded packing tape in my flight line tool box, too.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah I used scotch tape to hold it all together while it was curing. It seems good to go strength wise but Im going to wait till tomorrow before I put back the motor and dummy engine. So what about the prop?
Old 02-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

APC makes the best plastic props. Just guessing, but an APC 9x6 electric. You can pick up a 7 pitch for later. More air flow for those snap turns I talked about.

I've used this balancer since it first came out. It's still one of the best balancers out there.

You need to learn how to balance not only the blades but the hub, also. Not hard. Some good training vids on boobtube.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Its ALIVE!

I got er all fixed up. I even fixed the LG. I took the plastic bracket out and turned it around and filled the slots that hold it in with glue and all the foam around where the bracket imbeds. Next I put in the 2 pieces of broken bracket in the slots and snapped the break together covered the braket in glue then squashed in the broke off foam and pressure taped the shit out of it. I honestly think its stronger than stock now. No more grass take offs...
Old 02-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I threw on the quad prop and fired it up. It is a 8.5x6.25 slow fly style prop and seems to have enough pull, not like stock 10x6 wood, but may tame the speed enough to park fly it?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Update!

I ordered some slow fly props for the Ugly Stik 10x4.5, 11x4.7,and 9x4.7 In hopes to slow it down a bit. Oh and also with the new props I will use them for this...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?strSearch=mx2

Yeah!! I've already pulled the trigger!

Inside will go
4x Corona DS929HV servos
Turnigy 2217 1000kv 23a motor
YEP 30a ESC
3s 1000mah 40c lipos

I think this will be a super fun plank and better for the park since this plane hovers. I really like flying the 3d planes on the sim. I know It's still a 955mm plane 6" smaller than Das ugly but looked too fun. I have been busting my ass shoveling and ended up pocket heavy enough to justify getting it!

Last edited by Heli Yea!; 02-28-2015 at 11:41 PM..
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like!

It will be a great park flyer. It should fly the throttle real well. For this plane, a slow pitch should produce an interesting mix. It's not about speed, but the ability to move air quickly across those large control surfaces.
Most of your flying will be up close, pushing the boundary's to break the routine.

Get back out shoveling. 3d is what the Guardian was designed for. Makes learning much easier on you and the plane.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah not too bad on price either. We'll just have to see what the snow brings. This is offically the snowiest February on record!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now that will be fun. You're in danger of turning to a completely different level of dark side.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well Ive decided the Gaurdian is a worthy advasary to the dark arts and so that will also go in. I been doing some nice 3D manovers in the sim. I dunno when I will get to maiden it due to all the snow but Im super excited anyhow! I also am wanting to try the different props on Das Ugly! The MX2 kit/electronics is due for delivery on Tues.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well looks like the Guardian shipped today! It will be here Tuesday as well. I been doing some reading and most are reporting the best results with a 11x4.7 SF prop hovering at around 50% throttle. Since I have some of those coming I think I will try that first!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got the MX2 EPP yesterday and got everything built. All the electronics are installed minus the Guardian which arrives today. It is one sweet plane!
I do however have a ? abuot the AIL hook up. Do I use a "Y" harness for the 2 AIL servos like Das Ugly? OR do I use 2CH MIX (1 servo AIL and 1 servo AUX1)?
Which way is better?
Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Y harness
Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's a few controllers out, like my Ruby that runs a separate channel for each aileron. No mixes when running a stabilizer, it just confuses it.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The manual says you can do either way and if you use the 2 channels for AIL you lose the guardian AUX channel. It says to use a "Flaperon" or "Dual Aileron" mix in the TX if you do so and this would be the only acceptable mixing in the TX. I don't have an extra Y harness right now so I may give that a go to see how it works. I'm going to order another Y harness now though. (too lazy to make one) Anyhow I updated the FW and I'm ready to hook it up.
In my spare time today colored the cut sides and hinges to give more of a smooth paint job look and not ugly white foam lines and airfoils now it looks really sweet! Oh and despite the pics in the link the plane is purple (looks blue on HK) and green! (my 2 favorite colors)

The Thawing out starts tomorrow so hoping for a maiden soon!
Old 03-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I followed Tom's earlier advise and I ordered two 10x4.7SF and two 11x4.7SF APC props. The Gemfan props I got are "OK" but I would like to try a "nice prop" to compare. I also ordered the "Y" harness so I should see them Saturday. In the meantime I can borrow the Y from the Stik.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No Y needed. I got the Guardian set up flaperon style! I had to do lots of mapping in the TX but I got everything working! FLAPS are an adjustable 5 step up/down on the left trim slider and flap trim on the right slider. D/R are 3way on mix switch. Master gain is set to the gyro menu and 2 pos switch cause I bump knobs. IU switch N=2D mode 1=off 2=3D+HH mode. TH switch=TH. Compensations/controls are correct. CG'd plane and ballanced prop and fired it up. IN THE GOOD!
Old 03-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So in theroy I could use 2D(level flight/bailout) drop the flaps and watch it land itself???
Old 03-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default The "BIG" News!

Since everything on the MX2 3D is ready for a maiden, I maidened it! It was still snow covered ground but what the hell it was time! I took the GP and got nothing on film. I forgot to put the SD card in the GP again. Oh well the snow should be gone tomorrow and I'll give it another go. The Guardian works fantasticly! It was much better for the park than the Das Ugly Stik. I did some low tight loops, rolls, vertical, hovering, knife edge flight, and used the bailout to test it and save my ass once! I was having so much fun but was thinking this is mellow for a 3D plank. After landing I realized I was flying in low rates the whole time. Landing was a breeze but It ripped the rudder out by the hinges cause of the rudder wheel in the grass, no worries there just slip em' back in and re-glue em,' which I've already done. So really zero damage! It seems like this is going to happen when I land anyway as the wheel is going to always catch in the grass. I had the CG wrong it was nose heavy but I fixed that too by putting smaller nuts in her nose when I got back. Other than that I noticed an oscillation on AIL which the system suppressed enough to fly the entire pack without adjusting! I will lower the AIL gain before tomorrows flights. So far I'm loving it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in