Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Boy, you're just full of insight, aren't you? If you pay 300k for a Ferrari, do you think you should have to go out and buy better tires because the ones that come with it are run of the mill Bridgestone sedan tires? Hell, what about a 60k BMW M3?

I understand if you own a 20k sedan, spending some extra on nicer tires might be a wise decision, but when you buy a 3x more expensive car that was DESIGNED for performance, you shouldn't have to go out and blow more money on "fixes" for design issues that HINDER performance.

Your analogy is completely off the mark because most kits currently sold in the market do not include decent tail blades. Expensive or not, replacing stock units with better tail blades is definitely not unique to the Lepton EX. So if you can't find it in yourself to scrape $7 to buy Viper blades, this heli is not for you. Besides, Hirobo parts are never cheap except for their plastic helis. That should be of no surprise to anyone.

Keep flying your T-REX. You'll be much happier.
vksy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

OJ,

Keep it up dude, you're just showing your ignorance and inexperience. Read the mail means to shut up and listen. The car analogy doesn't fly because unless we are talking about a kit car, someone else built it for you. Models are usually built by the owner/pilot. Instead of telling us about how to get MS Composit 420's you decided to blast us with your insight into why your decision to buy a Rex was the right one and that buying a Lepton EX was a flawed plan due to problems that you heard about but had not experienced for yourself. Hearing about it online always carries weight doesn't it? Most of the so-called online experts have burned at least a gallon of fuel to reach that lofty status.

As far as private conversations with MRC is concerned, spare me, I talk to Jeff weekly and I know all I need to know about this situation. Jeff is trying to be diplomatic, I'm not.

Your posts go way beyond asking questions and are more akin to pontificating about how a company runs their business. Any new helicopter has parts issues until the parts pipeline is full. Go buy a Synergy and see if you can get parts, fat chance of that right now until the pipeline is full. Any new machine in a new size class has a period where blades and accessories might be a few weeks away but you want everything right now. The machine was designed for 3S and 4S packs not 5S packs so I'm not surprised that the pinions might be in short supply.

Quote:
#2 - Why would I get one/spend the money like "the rest of" you, when all I see are a bunch of posts looking for parts that can't be found (pinions), complaining about main blade replacement/part replacement costs, and tail issues? I came here looking for advice before I made a purchase, I got my advice, from all the forums I've been on, including this one, and from MRC. I choose not to buy a Lepton, and to get a Rex instead. I'm happy with my decision. I've spent my money, I just spent it where the best "bang for the buck" was. You're in no position to tell me I am right or wrong for that, nor to scold me for MY decision. You should keep away from my posts, for that matter - you add no value to the discussion, and you simply come off as a complete ass.
Accepting advice requires asking and then reading and understanding the responses. You've asked and now you've read so go on and fly your Rex. The Rex has plenty of parts available, although they have had their share of issues but you wouldn't know anything about that would you? This should make you very happy. Like I said before, Leptons are leaping off of the shelves.

TM
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2006, 05:22 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alright fellas.

Aftermarket main blade options is the topic lets get back to it.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Instead of telling us about how to get MS Composit 420's you decided to blast us with your insight into why your decision to buy a Rex was the right one and that buying a Lepton EX was a flawed plan due to problems that you heard about but had not experienced for yourself.
Jon,

I thought I said that in my post. Surely there's some wiggle room to get on the soapbox just a little.

Actually, I own two sets of MS 420's bought just for the Lepton EX. MAH will have blades available soon.

Sorry to hear about you Jazz, bummer.

TM
Old 08-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Im all for the soapbox. This is a forum right.

TM have you got to fly the MS blades yet?

Quote:
MAH will have blades available soon.
MRC being the distributor for MAH may have helped getting us some carbons this soon then.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes,

I had to machine some spacers for them but I don't have enough flight time on them as of yet to post anything meaningful.

Terry
Old 08-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone try 440mm blades yet? The cheap Helimax blades fit the grips with one of the factory supplied spacers. The tail blade clearance was close so I'm curious if anyone has tried this with the longer tail blades.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

440 may be to big. With 418 MS Composit's and 68mm tail blades there is only about 2mm of clearance.

TM
Old 08-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Does anyone know if any other companies have main blades in the works? I wish VBlades will make a set soon. :cool: I would even be happy if SAB steps up to the plate. :cool:
Old 08-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

MAH will be showing some blades at IRCHA.

TM
Old 08-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

fwiw..

I've got most of the bugs out of mine, Viper tails work great at and above 2800..I'm starting to question the main blades..They seem very noisy, and I suspicion the chorwise cg is a but too far aft as they make quite a bit of noise going through 0 pitch if held there long...
I reall think blades around 70-75 g with forward cg would be great..the head has enormous cyclic power, and the good auto capability would improve to great...

John.
bmlasater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2006, 12:29 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MS Composit blades only weigh around 50 grams.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:36 AM   #53 (permalink)

28usd for a 68mm blade is stiffer than carbon fiber

the 62mm for trex is only 9.99usd, how does it cost 3 times for 10% increase of material?
hkb817333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott
Anyone try 440mm blades yet? The cheap Helimax blades fit the grips with one of the factory supplied spacers. The tail blade clearance was close so I'm curious if anyone has tried this with the longer tail blades.
Terry have you had a chance to fly these blades yet? Will they fit without any mods?
Old 08-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@ IRCHA this weekend I saw some carbon blades being tested. Hopefully we will have some soon!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbogger2
@ IRCHA this weekend I saw some carbon blades being tested. Hopefully we will have som soon!
Which company made them?
Old 08-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't know If I can say at this point so I am not going to sorry.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any word on the release date? I need new mains but don't want to spend $80 on FRP blades.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Any word on the release date?
These were being tested so I have no Idea of the release date. Just letting you guys know some options are in the works.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:07 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright someone needs to release some aftermarket blades for this heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in