Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot ZYX and MG90 cyclic servos?

Hello folks,

I'm thinking of investing in a Tarot FBL head and ZYX gyro for my 450 pro clone. I'm currently using inexpensive (yet reliable) MG90 servos (analog) and a Emax digital tail servo. Has anyone successfully used these cyclic servos with a FBL head? Would I be better off going with digital servos (preferably still inexpensive)?

Thanks!
Zangetsu57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the servos I'm using and they work good.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLRDS76
celltech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using my original Hitec 65MG servos which are analogue and very similar to the (far cheaper) MG90s and all seems fine.
averhamdave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu57 View Post
Hello folks,

I'm thinking of investing in a Tarot FBL head and ZYX gyro for my 450 pro clone. I'm currently using inexpensive (yet reliable) MG90 servos (analog) and a Emax digital tail servo. Has anyone successfully used these cyclic servos with a FBL head? Would I be better off going with digital servos (preferably still inexpensive)?

Thanks!
I have two HK450's with the Tarat ZYX gyro/ fbl head combo,& using the T-Pro MG90 analog servo's on cyclic. They have worked good,& have been reliable after probably 50-60 flights. Make sure with these servo's to set your gyro gains lower -I have my total gain for pitch/roll down to about 30, & my agility on both down to about 25. You may have to adjust yours to suite so you don't get any wobbles. Once set correctly-they work great,& survive minor crashes well-usually just the plastic servo arm breaks.
I have also tried a number of cheap digital servo's. The Corona DS-929MG seem ok,but develop some slop with the gears after a while-this seems to happen a lot with the low-cost MG servo's. I just ordered a couple sets (6) Solar 12g MG servo's from Hobypartz which just came back in stock. I have also tried the D922 MG servo's from HK,& they are inconsistant quality. Have had a couple DOA out of the box,& a couple that needed the gears centered so it would work. The ones that did work were good,& have lasted many flights.
nute53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 I'm using TP MG90 on cyclic as well and work fine but yeah definitely have to lower the gains toget rid of the wobbles.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MG90S

I am using MG90S cyclics on two 450s with the CX3X and have found that if you move the balls in on the servo arms to the 3rd hole in ( ~11mm) you can raise the gains. One is at 30 main gain on pitch and roll, the other at 40. I run the P at 70, I at 75 and the D at 20 in the advanced menu. Works for me. The MG90S is a bit weaker but faster than the MG90.

I also am running some Henge 922's on a ZYX and some HXT900's on a CX3X with the gain at 40. Both work pretty well. I also just ordered some Solar digitals. I am hoping the Solars will work well with the ZYX and CX3X.

Terry
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nute53 View Post
I have two HK450's with the Tarat ZYX gyro/ fbl head combo,& using the T-Pro MG90 analog servo's on cyclic. They have worked good,& have been reliable after probably 50-60 flights. Make sure with these servo's to set your gyro gains lower -I have my total gain for pitch/roll down to about 30, & my agility on both down to about 25. You may have to adjust yours to suite so you don't get any wobbles. Once set correctly-they work great,& survive minor crashes well-usually just the plastic servo arm breaks.
I have also tried a number of cheap digital servo's. The Corona DS-929MG seem ok,but develop some slop with the gears after a while-this seems to happen a lot with the low-cost MG servo's. I just ordered a couple sets (6) Solar 12g MG servo's from Hobypartz which just came back in stock. I have also tried the D922 MG servo's from HK,& they are inconsistant quality. Have had a couple DOA out of the box,& a couple that needed the gears centered so it would work. The ones that did work were good,& have lasted many flights.
Are these the ones you ordered?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d654.html

I have been thinking about getting some of those for my Blade 450 3D with the ZYX and would love to hear what you think about them when you get them.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nute53 View Post
How well do those 12g solar servos fit in the pro frame? I'm guessing that even though they are 12g, they have the physical size of typical "9g" servos?
Zangetsu57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu57 View Post
How well do those 12g solar servos fit in the pro frame? I'm guessing that even though they are 12g, they have the physical size of typical "9g" servos?
I just got my Hobbypartz order yesterday (Fri.),so haven't had a chance yet to test or fit in any of my 450 heli's ,but they are physically the same size length /width as a few of the other servo's I'm using on cyclic,including T Pro MG90,Henge 922MG,HD2216 MG. They are almost the same height -above the mounting lugs,& slightly shorter than the others,making them the smallest of the bunch altogether. Only small difference I can see so far is that they have three holes on each mounting lug.
I bought these mostly as spares to try out later (got them along with a lipo order),so will have to try them out soon to see how they perform
I took a few photo's for comparison,in order top/bottom are :Henge MD922 MG -T Pro MG90 -Power HD 2216 MG - Solar D654 MG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01485.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	313995   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01486.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	313996   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01487.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	313997  
nute53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in