Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 700 inbound - Use YGE?

Anyone using anything other the supplied YGE 160 on their 700's? I've never run a YGE so not sure how to setup it up, etc... I've got a Kosmik(which I REALLY love) and Scorpion 4530LE that I could use..Only thing I worry about is my current flight times with this setup in my 7HV is 4 mins max...
#1 - Compass 7HV, Scorpion 4530 , VBAR, Kosmik 200
#2 - Logo 700
G200driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The YGE is preprogrammed, just program the VBAR and go. The gov will outperform the Kosmic, guaranteed
Laughingstill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love the way my yge160s perform using yge gov! Will soon try vbar gov.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What kind of headspeed are you running on 7hv though Jim?

L700 really only requires 2050 tops.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahh comon guys the yge outperform the kosmik.... Here we go again...i have both, no contest but here goes, the yge works well on the logo, plug and play with vbar. A common thing with vbar gov however is still overspeed, something you wont notice on kosmik. However its not detrimental to the performance of the machine, it actually helps the gov to hold rpm, so if it doesnt bother you its perfectly fine. I dont see the need for kosmik except if you intend running the new line 14 pole pyros, 14 pole places more stress on esc's so if you want to run a rewind pyro 850 yge may have problems, dunno it may hold up, i will test this out in due course.
As for flightimes like Shawn mentioned gear it correctly for 2000 and on 5000 packs you will reasonable flightimes, its not gonna move like the cpass at 2300 but if you practice enough you may be able to pull off one or two of Kyles moves!
Question Shawn, why does mik stipulate such "low for todays" 700 headspeed, is it from safety aspect, resonance and vibes?, im fully aware of the hyoe in high headspeed phenomenon but just curious.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good question Stolla. I think it's more a safety comment and parameter. As we all know 600 was advised much lower then we run them to.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Btw Stolla I'd like to try Kosmic, I hear its Kontroniks best governor yet.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kosmik does now overspeed too, at least that was the case in last beta, that was the secret fix to make the governor better than jive

I prefer YGE/vbar gov due to smoothness you get of precomp.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
Ahh comon guys the yge outperform the kosmik.... Here we go again...i have both, no contest but here goes, the yge works well on the logo, plug and play with vbar. A common thing with vbar gov however is still overspeed, something you wont notice on kosmik. However its not detrimental to the performance of the machine, it actually helps the gov to hold rpm, so if it doesnt bother you its perfectly fine. I dont see the need for kosmik except if you intend running the new line 14 pole pyros, 14 pole places more stress on esc's so if you want to run a rewind pyro 850 yge may have problems, dunno it may hold up, i will test this out in due course.
As for flightimes like Shawn mentioned gear it correctly for 2000 and on 5000 packs you will reasonable flightimes, its not gonna move like the cpass at 2300 but if you practice enough you may be able to pull off one or two of Kyles moves!
Question Shawn, why does mik stipulate such "low for todays" 700 headspeed, is it from safety aspect, resonance and vibes?, im fully aware of the hyoe in high headspeed phenomenon but just curious.
I apologize, I meant the YGE with the VBAR gov will outperform the Kosmic I will always take a little over speeding (very minimal) when it performs like it does. The pre comp is untouchable and you can buy two YGEs for the price of ONE Kosmik
Old 11-24-2012, 04:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
TdB
Registered Users

Quote:
why does mik stipulate such "low for todays" 700 headspeed, is it from safety aspect, resonance and vibes?, im fully aware of the hyoe in high headspeed phenomenon but just curious.
Maybe the Logo 700 has a larger bolt to bolt spacing on the head, giving it a bigger main rotor diameter than other 700's?

Tim
Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Good question Stolla. I think it's more a safety comment and parameter. As we all know 600 was advised much lower then we run them to.

A little OT but What head speeds are you running the 800 at? Just curious, I've been running mine at the supposed max MIK specified.
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since all the "experts" are participating in this thread, I'd like to get a better understanding of the following:

The YGE160HV that ships with the Logo 700 combo is set with "Heli-middle/Plane Slow".
Heino from YGE states that the reason for plane-slow is to limit current spikes.
This is in conflict with all current recommendations to get the quickest throttle response for best external gov function.

Has this been tested by a data logger?
  • What difference in current spikes is observed at the different throttle response settings?
  • Is any performance difference noticed by changing to Plane middle/fast?

Thanks!
zguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zguy View Post
Since all the "experts" are participating in this thread, I'd like to get a better understanding of the following:

The YGE160HV that ships with the Logo 700 combo is set with "Heli-middle/Plane Slow".
Heino from YGE states that the reason for plane-slow is to limit current spikes.
This is in conflict with all current recommendations to get the quickest throttle response for best external gov function.

Has this been tested by a data logger?
  • What difference in current spikes is observed at the different throttle response settings?
  • Is any performance difference noticed by changing to Plane middle/fast?

Thanks!
Mikado YGE OEM has a separate firmware, not even sure what you see is what you get so to speak as the Mikado YGE is NOT compatible with progcard for all functions.

So you would need to check with YGE what setting it really using.

And yes, Slower response is safer for ESC, but if it's same slow as on normal YGE, I cannot say.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
Mikado YGE OEM has a separate firmware, not even sure what you see is what you get so to speak as the Mikado YGE is NOT compatible with progcard for all functions.

So you would need to check with YGE what setting it really using.

And yes, Slower response is safer for ESC, but if it's same slow as on normal YGE, I cannot say.
Hi Fredrik,
As in my post, Heino is saying the it comes set "Heli-middle/Plane-Slow" and this is also what is showing on the prog card. He did not say if this plane-slow is any different than the stock 160HV setting, but I'm assuming it's the same.

So same questions- Anyone actually logged the different settings?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've tested on others and sure on 600 sized helis you can see the difference quite a lot, but I think it would be very unwise to experiment especially on the 700/800 sized with big motors, as you will have a lump of charcoal left is my guess.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstill View Post
I apologize, I meant the YGE with the VBAR gov will outperform the Kosmic I will always take a little over speeding (very minimal) when it performs like it does. The pre comp is untouchable and you can buy two YGEs for the price of ONE Kosmik
I know its what you meant and still no contest imop off course csm has done the precomp years ago no big deal u can get a similar result with slight v curve on jive. Contrary to popular belief it can not read your mind only apply more thr when pitch increases with load.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input guys! I've only run the VBAR gov on one bird, but IMO, the Kosmiks is much better, very smooth...main reason for wanting to run the Kosmik is the fact that I can eliminate a BEC, switches, and 2S pack, thus saving some weight, as well as making for a very clean setup.

Shawn,

I'm running 1100, 2030, and 2275 head speeds on my 7HV...getting 4 1/2 mins max on my packs at 2030, where I run most...
#1 - Compass 7HV, Scorpion 4530 , VBAR, Kosmik 200
#2 - Logo 700
G200driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
I've tested on others and sure on 600 sized helis you can see the difference quite a lot, but I think it would be very unwise to experiment especially on the 700/800 sized with big motors, as you will have a lump of charcoal left is my guess.
Thanks for the reply Fredrik. Still seems a bit counter intuitive to me to do this, but keeping the smoke inside the ESC is important!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I know its what you meant and still no contest imop off course csm has done the precomp years ago no big deal u can get a similar result with slight v curve on jive. Contrary to popular belief it can not read your mind only apply more thr when pitch increases with load.
So you are saying the internal Kosmik GOV is better overall than the VBAR GOV or is it just better at overspending???
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

2275 rpm headspeed wow Jim lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in