Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano cpx trouble binding

Hey guys trying to bind my nano to my dx6i but after binding it blinks in 3 flash cycles I can bind my mcpx and 120sr just fine I can also bind it to the rtf transmitter just fine so I have no idea what im doing wrong. It seems like it kinda binds as I can control the rotor but can't make it spin...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
dschumm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are binding it in analog. Read the manual about binding it to a computer transmitter. It takes a certain skill to do i properly and will take u a few times but u will know when u do it right
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did it right the first time I did it and thought I was doing it the same way I am now but ill try it again

Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

from the manual

1. Disconnect the flight battery from the helicopter.
2. Power off the transmitter and move all switches to the 0 position.
3. Connect the flight battery to the helicopter. The 3-in-1 Control unit LED fl ashes after 5 seconds.
4. Push the bind switch/button while powering on the transmitter.
5. After 2–3 seconds, release the bind switch/button.

6. Move the rudder control stick to full right. Continue to hold the rudder control stick to
full right until the
blue LED on the 3-in-1 control unit is solid.
7. Release the rudder control stick.
8. Disconnect the flight battery and power the transmitter off.
nothinbetr2do is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks im grabbing dinner at the moment will check when I get back home

Old 11-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had this exact problem. Called HH and got the default "send it in" response. Went to the LHS where I bought it on a busy saturday. After about 35 brains churned on the issue, one of the local heli guys came in and suggested using the binding process in the manual, but do it while actually touching the helo with the antanae on the radio. We shoved the radio right up against the canopy and did the bind process and bam. Bound first try. This is the only way my nano will bind to my DX6i. Stock radio and my modified 9x work from any distance but, my DX6i will only bind buy touching the bird with the radio. Hope it helps.
Hobbez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, when i got back from dinner last night i followed the directions in the manual.. that didnt work any better then before does the exact same thing, never turns the light on steady. i swear this just worked fine like a week ago lol

i'll try that when i get off work Hobbez hopefully this will work for me!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default helppp

I just saw your post and was about to attempt to bind my dx6i to my nano. How exactly did you do yours? It says put it BATT/BIND mode...what is this? Appreciate any help...
danKx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

When you put in you connect the battery on the heli with the radio off. It will automatically go into bind mode after a few seconds. You will know it's in bind mode because the LED on the heli 3in1 board will begin blinking rapidly.

At this time, put your radio into bind mode.

The two will pair up and be bound to each other. Follow the instructions in the manual.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had one and encountered the same issues , did the same things to resolve the problem. I called tech support and after going over everything via, the phone. they were kind enough to send me a new board, BAM....... problem solved
shihan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

After a big crash on my nano cpx...i flyed after till the batery dies!

So after another charge.... my nano cpx when i plug the batery just blinks the blue led rapidly....and the dx4e does not respond anymore!
Is possible that the pcb board had lost it's bind? or is it dead?

i made a thread but i really need all the help you can give! thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
When you put in you connect the battery on the heli with the radio off. It will automatically go into bind mode after a few seconds. You will know it's in bind mode because the LED on the heli 3in1 board will begin blinking rapidly.

At this time, put your radio into bind mode.

The two will pair up and be bound to each other. Follow the instructions in the manual.
targetingxmod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbez View Post
I had this exact problem. Called HH and got the default "send it in" response. Went to the LHS where I bought it on a busy saturday. After about 35 brains churned on the issue, one of the local heli guys came in and suggested using the binding process in the manual, but do it while actually touching the helo with the antanae on the radio. We shoved the radio right up against the canopy and did the bind process and bam. Bound first try. This is the only way my nano will bind to my DX6i. Stock radio and my modified 9x work from any distance but, my DX6i will only bind buy touching the bird with the radio. Hope it helps.
Seems that this is the only method thats works for me.
km193 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hobbez, don't suppose you've solved this problem? any ideas what has caused it to only bind when touching antenna?
km193 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CPX Binding issues.

Quote:
We shoved the radio right up against the canopy and did the bind process and bam. Bound first try. This is the only way my nano will bind to my DX6i. Stock radio and my modified 9x work from any distance but, my DX6i will only bind buy touching the bird with the radio. Hope it helps.
Just got my Nano and it would bind "from a distance" the first couple of days and then it just stopped. Stumbled on this thread and the touching of the transmitter (DX8) to the Nano works it like-a-champ.

Cheers Hobbez
cbelcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your Reverse settings. I wondered why I couldn't bind. Fixed them and all is good.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I know this is an old thread, but I have to let other people know this worked for me. I tried absolutely everything to get it to bind without success. Touching my controller to the antenna on the nano worked!!! Thanks a million. I thought I needed a new board.
Leroybrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's another tip. All these micros - mcpx, ncpx, msrx,....etc all ship from the factory with the antenna wire wrapped around a body post. Baaaaaaaaaddd..... An antenna needs to be extended to its fullest length to be effective. Especially a receiving antenna. It also needs to be standing straight up. Use a strip of 1/32" heat shrunk tubing to prevent the wire from shorting out on the board once you've unravelled it and straightened it out.

Also turn your transmitter on first and let it sit for 5 seconds or more to allow it to find an open frequency - this is critical in a 2.4ghz noisy enviroment...Wifi, cordless security cams, laptops, smartphones etc... can make binding difficult.
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in