Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X50F Nitro main shaft

Part number: PV1334

Shafts are backordered! Anyone know if PV1338 (X50e main shaft) is interchangeable with PV1334?
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

NVM, found them at AMAIN.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI X50E shafts are different.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Parts availability is pretty ridiculous for this heli. Crashed on Tuesday and couldn't find all the parts I needed to fix it without orders from 3 different places.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found one.

Yep. I'm doing the same thing. I cannot find an X50 clutch bell, PV0671-1 anywhere.

Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by bobc2; 11-10-2014 at 11:05 AM..
bobc2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That part is listed as being compatible with both the R50 and the X50, so it stands to reason that you could use the older one on the X50. There are plenty of those out there in stock.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I presume it's only the beginning, since these models are all now discontinued. TT's priority would be parts for the electric lineup that remains in production (no longer the e720, which would have been my pick).

I love my X50, but guess I adopted too late. Too bad. Might start looking to Synergy or Align next.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've had the fun of crashing mine for the second week in a row, and now I"m adapting parts to fit. I've now got a Trex 700N boom on it (cut down), 700N gear, some random mainshaft from my pile of parts, and a spindle from a Compass TracX head (I have an RJX head on it, also impossible to find parts for.)

Helikraft is a good source of parts if you don't mind going overseas. Internationally these arent being discontinued, so they should continue to have parts.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi gearswinger

In the US Olivers Hobbies has a great supply of RJX-parts:
http://olivershobbies.ecrater.com/
http://olivershobbies.ecrater.com/c/...ems?&view=list
Hope they have the parts you need.

Kind regards
George
OldGasser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I appreciate it, but they do not have the spindles. Doesn't matter, it was easy to change spacers around to make Compass ones fit. Flew the heli today, Align boom and gear, Rjx head, Compass spindle, Logo 600 canopy, Gohbee blades with Outrage on the tail. It's a mutt, but it looks and flies great.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been watching the classifieds. Hate to buy another raw kit and start, but may do that. Can't beat the value of the TSA Infusion 600N Pro. It won't fly like the X50, but overall, I think Thunder Tiger blew it big time. They have given up competing in nitro, while TSA, Synergy, Align and continue (I thought of Gaui too, but the context here is 600 class). I believe the beginning of the end was when they severed their ties to Ace. Jeff Fassbinder tried to get them to ditch their old control in favor of an eCCPM 120 design with a carbon frame a long time before TT released the X50. Then, they ditched him instead. They then introduced the fabulous G4 and acquired Nick. This past IRCHA 2014, they had just discontinued all nitros, and the team pilots flew their G4.1's at the event. Am I the only one who thought that was sort of bull$hit? Demo-ing nitro models that have been discontinued?

I wish I had not gone this route ironically, because it's going to be painful to start flying other models that weigh a pound more. I've never owned a more fun heli!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

parts are getting that slim guys? TSA I just feel like there kind of small and might not be around for a long time. Synergy I think is doing good right now but man things change fast. Hey Rob the trex 600 I think is the lights out there now. Parts are every were To. I think I'm going to wait. We are going to loose big time if we try and sell them. I have been flying my gasser goblin. I love flying this thing power to wight is prity good. I also like how vbar feels on the goblin. Has a lot more power than my OS55. It can do tic toc with out boging. Disc loading feels ok. This is my favret heli to fly right now
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

• TSA is a decent company, and their 700N is probably excellent, but the 600N is a sinking turd. Too heavy to float. As impressive as it was in Duncan's hands, I don't have delusions about one in mine. About 1.7 lbs heavier than an X50.
  • Parts not that bad at this time for X50. They just won't be ALWAYS in stock anymore
  • R50 shaft is NOT compatible with X50, so don't believe what you've read, Gearswinger. I have both. The drillings are very different.
  • Synergy is still too heavy for me. I'd sooner buy an Align.
  • T600N is a nice light airframe with all the parts support. Rugged too.
  • A TRM powered Goblin conversion isn't a good solution to temporary parts unavailability for an X50, LOL. I am glad you like yours.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't say an R50 shaft was compatible. I said that the clutch bell is listed as being compatible between the 2 with the X50 listed as an upgrade for the R50.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess Trex 600 when parts are no longer available for the X50. They make a convertion kit that elemnats the bell cranks. I think this would be a awesome fling Heli. The only problem with the trex 600 is it uses wide frame set up. The X50 has narrow frames.
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearswinger View Post
I've had the fun of crashing mine for the second week in a row, and now I"m adapting parts to fit. I've now got a Trex 700N boom on it (cut down), 700N gear, some random mainshaft from my pile of parts, and a spindle from a Compass TracX head (I have an RJX head on it, also impossible to find parts for.)

Helikraft is a good source of parts if you don't mind going overseas. Internationally these arent being discontinued, so they should continue to have parts.
Avoid helikraft please !! They are a scam !!!!
They havent ship my two redlines engines and a powerboost muffler and some other small parts for a year now.
They are not responding to my email as well. if somehow they answered your inquiries, please ask about what happened to me
whiskey29 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Strange. I had great luck with them in the past.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for misquoting you, Gearswinger. I just wanted to make clear that they aren't interchangeable in case someone bought the R50 shaft thinking it would work. I began this post asking about X50 shafts. I misread. My bad.

As tough as this X50 is, I don't see replacing it very soon. Mine is like new. Have two superb engines for it. Clutch seems to hold up well too. I don't even know that I needed that shaft. I don't have a good setup for checking runout, so I simply wanted to put a new one in to see if it had any impact on vibration levels, not that mine was rough running at all. I actually think porting my engine had more effect than anything. It's noticeably smoother sound and running since. Replacing this bird with anything else in the class would be a downgrade for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in