Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are the revolution main blades, and what makes them so "WOW"?

Can't wait to put some great non-woodies on the 300x.
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
What are the revolution main blades, and what makes them so "WOW"?

Can't wait to put some great non-woodies on the 300x.
From what I gather from the BLADE team video's, the Revolution brand, is a spin-off from Horizon Hobby & BLADE to make Aftermarket products for Helis. And just from these Main Blades alone, they're on the right track.

If you watch the video's, these main blades are on BLADE (450 X/3D, 500 X, etc.) and other Helis.

Comparing to stock blades, the Revolution blades seem similar to Radix blades for example but in flight, it's a Totally different reaction and response.

Just on Normal Mode lift-off for example, the Radix & Edge Main Blades bring the 450 X up off the ground fairly quick but they don't have that 'Pop' that the Revolution blades do...that's the only way I can explain it. Now when I spool-up, I'm having to prep myself with the sudden lift off until I get use to it. I have and tried a lot of different CF Main Blades and I'm so impressed with how these are that I'm going to get a set for my Rave and Mini Prôtos. The Radix and Edge blades will be my backup sets.

I'm seriously hoping that some are made for the 300 X!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #103 (permalink)

Default blade balancer

I thought my micro balancer would work and I was wrong. Just ordered a bigger one. I hope my CF blades are balanced

J
Jabsten is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Great Weekend to Fly!

So far So Good (Knock-on-Wood), with my 300 X's! With the pretty good flying weather this weekend, I was able to get some excellent practice time with my Helis.

With my 300 X's, I've managed to get comfortable flying with a 100% DR and very little Expo. No 3D yet, though practice is Everything to me right now.

Flights:
1st 300 X (Red Canopy): 20 Flights
2nd 300X (Black & Yellow Canopy): 12 Flights
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BLADE Day 07.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	338157   Click image for larger version

Name:	BLADE Day 06.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	338158   Click image for larger version

Name:	BLADE Day 05.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	338159   Click image for larger version

Name:	BLADE Day 04.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	338160   Click image for larger version

Name:	BLADE Day 03.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	338165  

Name:	BLADE Day 02.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	338166   Click image for larger version

Name:	BLADE Day 01.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	338167  
Old 08-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

300X with gaui 255 carbon blades and ds415 on cyclic
Wrong set up after flight i realised i had -2 at mid stick
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0E31wKZ8lE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
Old 08-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice video! Makes me want to go flying right now
Old 08-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Awesome Flight, Bad Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatimoto View Post
300X with gaui 255 carbon blades and ds415 on cyclic
Wrong set up after flight i realised i had -2 at mid stick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0E31...e_gdata_player
Excellent Skills Ducatimoto! I'm really interested in your Cyclic Servo change as it just seemed better in flight; better servo's and CF Main Blades made your flying Sharper, I guess is the word.

Well, no clouds here but the wind has kicked it up a bit, so my 300 X's are grounded until my CF Main Blades come in from HH or the wind dies down. I DID notice that not all AR7200BX's are created equal, as far as, adjustments made to the Pots between 2 of the same Helis.

The 2nd 300 X is dialed in with the wood blades and stock equipment. The 1st 300 X is still requiring some Pot adjustments on the BX to get it to fly similar to the 2nd one. Still working on getting them Both as similar as possible.

So until the wind dies down, I've been giving some love to my Trex 450 Pro DFC...with the AR7200BX. Different Helis for Different Flying Conditions, laughs!

Again, Superb flying Ducatimoto!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx R3L72!
2 flights tonite
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bfuaak5JM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkZWci9tBY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
Very happy to realise that this little bird can fly with low HS!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

@mixfisto
Happy to know i make you want flying!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just realized your videos say "130x"... might want to change that
Old 08-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fixed
Thx Mixfisto
Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Excellent Flight

What can I say, Superb 3D Flying Ducatimoto! I especially Liked the one @ 65% Throttle! CF Main Blades Do Improve the Flight and Handling of this Heli.

I received my 245mm CF Main Blades from HH today and after checking the weight and balance was all good, I installed them on my 1st 300 X and flew a pack...SERIOUSLY EXCELLENT!

No Blade Tracking or other adjustment required!

I was on Flight #27 with the 1st 300 X and found myself adjusting the AR7200BX pots because the Heli wasn't as "Dialed In" as my 2nd one. Now with Flight #28 and the new CF Main Blades, the flight was Smooth and Sharp...don't know how else to describe it.

One day I Hope I'll be able to fly 3D like you Ducatimoto! Thanks for posting your Video's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatimoto View Post
Thx R3L72!
2 flights tonite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bfu...e_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkZW...e_gdata_player
Very happy to realise that this little bird can fly with low HS!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy you can feel carbone blades improvement!
With align servos that suit tighter in the frame but without moding i was happy to realise how versatile this bird can be
Low or high HS everything is good!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3L72 View Post
I was on Flight #27 with the 1st 300 X and found myself adjusting the AR7200BX pots because the Heli wasn't as "Dialed In" as my 2nd one. Now with Flight #28 and the new CF Main Blades, the flight was Smooth and Sharp...don't know how else to describe it.
I found the same thing with CF blades. Much higher agility but did not have that locked-in feel like my other fbl systems. So far I've just cranked up the ar7200bx dial # 1 (cyclic gain) a bit to 9 oclock (horiz) and it feels a lot better.

If you read the beastx manual it tells you that you may need to adjust these dials a bit if you change things like blades, motors, pinions.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I found the same thing with CF blades. Much higher agility but did not have that locked-in feel like my other fbl systems. So far I've just cranked up the ar7200bx dial # 1 (cyclic gain) a bit to 9 oclock (horiz) and it feels a lot better.

If you read the beastx manual it tells you that you may need to adjust these dials a bit if you change things like blades, motors, pinions.

Cheers,
TomC
I'm Definitely learning that! (One day soon though, I need to go through a proper setup and Learn the BeastX/AR7200BX). For example, this past weekend I changed the Main Blades on my Trex 450 DFC from Align 3G 325mm to Edge 325mm, for my skill level at least, had to turn down/tweak pots 1 & 2...still tweaking though to remove unwanted oscillation & bobble. The 450s are not too flyable in my backyard and need more room but that's why my 300 X's are more dial in; love those little Helis.

Looks like the weather will hold good past when I have to leave from work so DEFINITELY more flying later today!

My Ex wife never gave me this much Joy, LoL!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Have Other Helis but I Really Digg My 300 X's...

As long as my 300 X's don't just suddenly fall apart, I foresee having them for a very long time.

It's just amazing the amount of learning I'm doing with the 300 X (no inverted yet) and how that translates into flying my bigger 450's.

With the CF Main Blades it does tolerate the windy conditions better. This weekend as well, I had one of them Epiphany's: If I'm not running on Gov Mode and not running a 100% Throttle Curve...why am I running a Flat TC? Once I changed it to 90-80-70-80-90 in Idle-Up 1, flight performance was like Day & Night. Not running a 100% Flat give me more Flight Time for right now until I get into 3D.

So I now changed it up on all my Helis that aren't running on Gov Mode.

Right now, other than flying as much as I can, I'm working on getting rid of the vertical play in the newly installed Aluminum Tail Grips.

CF Main Blade tracking on 300 X #2 (Black & Yellow Canopy) took a bit but it's done. I want to do another flight today to make sure the tracking is good before I remove the red tracking tape. Yeah, I had an Over-the-Hill moment during the tracking...instead of going CCW on the ball link to reduce the amount of Positive Pitch, I went CW. She hovered fine until I noticed about an inch of separation between the blades and then I brought her done for "re-adjustment", laughs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	user151355_pic76913_1345408120.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	342018   Click image for larger version

Name:	user151355_pic76914_1345408120.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	342019  
Old 08-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3L72 View Post
As long as my 300 X's don't just suddenly fall apart, I foresee having them for a very long time.

It's just amazing the amount of learning I'm doing with the 300 X (no inverted yet) and how that translates into flying my bigger 450's.

With the CF Main Blades it does tolerate the windy conditions better. This weekend as well, I had one of them Epiphany's: If I'm not running on Gov Mode and not running a 100% Throttle Curve...why am I running a Flat TC? Once I changed it to 90-80-70-80-90 in Idle-Up 1, flight performance was like Day & Night. Not running a 100% Flat give me more Flight Time for right now until I get into 3D.

So I now changed it up on all my Helis that aren't running on Gov Mode.

Right now, other than flying as much as I can, I'm working on getting rid of the vertical play in the newly installed Aluminum Tail Grips.

CF Main Blade tracking on 300 X #2 (Black & Yellow Canopy) took a bit but it's done. I want to do another flight today to make sure the tracking is good before I remove the red tracking tape. Yeah, I had an Over-the-Hill moment during the tracking...instead of going CCW on the ball link to reduce the amount of Positive Pitch, I went CW. She hovered fine until I noticed about an inch of separation between the blades and then I brought her done for "re-adjustment", laughs.
Nice looking helis! I need to start making mine, well mine! I agree with getting to know this beast x tuning. I need to add some positive pitch & check to see what I really have pitch wise. Just no pop even at 100%, or just doesn't feel like it.
Inverted for the first time last night & it has plenty of negative pop! I have never messed with my 450 either. Time to dive in. I know it's not hard, just allot a reading lol. Love this heli!
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharvy View Post
Nice looking helis! I need to start making mine, well mine! I agree with getting to know this beast x tuning. I need to add some positive pitch & check to see what I really have pitch wise. Just no pop even at 100%, or just doesn't feel like it.
Inverted for the first time last night & it has plenty of negative pop! I have never messed with my 450 either. Time to dive in. I know it's not hard, just allot a reading lol. Love this heli!
Bradharvy, Thanks Much! I really like the fact that, for the most part, they give me the confidence to fly 'tame' circuits in my backyard. With my 450's, I feel that once I complete a banking turn, I'm turning yet again...I personally need more flying space to get comfortable with the 450's.

Haven't gotten the parts (small thin shims) in the mail yet, but I can confirm that placing 2 additional washer in between the Aluminum Tail Grip bearings and Thrust Bearings will remove the play. I may add a 3rd washer but I need the parts.

With the Black & Yellow canopy 300 X, I did fly her with the Edge 253mm CF Main Blades yesterday evening and Wow, Great performing blades but will require me to adjust the pitch some...I'll try +/- 11 degree's first. The Edge Main Blades are thinner in width to the HH BLADE CF Main Blades, so I increased the Throttle Curve and will adjust the Pitch.

More to come...

Tags
300, ar7200bx, blade, horizon hobby, micro heli reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in