Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lipo puffing.

I'm not sure cause I've never had a battery puff yet. But one of my stock SR batteries seems to possibly be puffing on one side. I'm talking less than a 1/16" . The battery still holds a charge and seems to be operating normal. What should I look out for to remain safe? I have little ones in the house and if this is already dangerous let me know. I never ever ever leave my batteries unattended while charging and they have been properly balanced their whole lives. Oh and I checked the voltage on a balancer and they are all within .01 of each other per cell. Thanks guys in advance.

Blade SR converted to HK 250, Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4, Blade Nano CPX ( on order)
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive had a few puffers, personally i wouldnt sweat it yet, but do take note after each flight how much puff is there and how warm it is. If i get one that is tight in the package, its hard to explain but if it has a firm feel in stead of soft when puffed id toss it. Just means its off gassing quite a bit. Mind u i "tested" an old puffed 4s of mine that was pretty shot and it took alot of beatings with a 2x4 before it went up in flames, yes i had a fire extinguisher on hand and the batt was on drywall. Oh and im a firefighter lol
Elliott000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
Ive had a few puffers, personally i wouldnt sweat it yet, but do take note after each flight how much puff is there and how warm it is. If i get one that is tight in the package, its hard to explain but if it has a firm feel in stead of soft when puffed id toss it. Just means its off gassing quite a bit. Mind u i "tested" an old puffed 4s of mine that was pretty shot and it took alot of beatings with a 2x4 before it went up in flames, yes i had a fire extinguisher on hand and the batt was on drywall. Oh and im a firefighter lol
Hey Elliott. Thanks for getting back. I did notice it gets a little warm not hot. My 450 batteries get much hotter than that. So i can use it until it puffs a lot
Or the charge won't hold properly from what I gather. This battery served me well with 9 minute flight times for over 200 flights. Lol without the cells dropping below 3.3v. Now on the HK airframe I'm getting 6 minute ( normal ) flight times.

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4, Blade Nano CPX ( hopefully Friday)
Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ouch, 9 minute flights might be your issue. I dont see how the SR could even hold a hover without dropping below 20% capacity remaining. Should only be flying probably 6-7 minutes per battery, even if just hovering.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

don't run that much time on that battery 5 minn max you are asking for trouble, just because you can get that much time on a battery dasn't mean you should. it is not a good idea your batteries will wear out a lot faster and they cost enough as it is. Plus they can cause a fire during charging, these batteries should be taken seriously for your safety and others as well !!!

Last edited by dcarboni; 09-24-2012 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: y
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, my trex 450 gets 5 min max on 2200 3s and i dont fly hard
Elliott000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I doesn't matter anymore cause in the HK air frame I get 6 min now. Same as all my other helis.

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4, Blade Nano CPX ( hopefully Friday)
Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

6 minutes before any noticeable power loss?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velislide View Post
6 minutes before any noticeable power loss?
No I just put her down after 6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in