Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycts View Post
Oh and my mCPX is crap also - only has about 300 flights on it since I got it and has cost me the best part of a set of 690 rotors to keep it in the air in that time - sux having to pay out something like 12p a crash on average.
Sounds like you need to learn how to fly.
stevebaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, probably do - might try that one day.

HH product bought: MCX, MSR, MSR X, 400, mCPX (V1 and V2), CP 2 Pro (x2), 300 X (pre order), UMX F27, F27Q (x2), Su 26XP, Sbach 342, DX6i, DX7, DX8, AR7200BX, AR6100 (and e), AR6110 (and e), AR6200, AR7000. I keep remembering more like the Micro 4 Site but you get the point.

HH product disapointed by: 0 (OK maybe the MSR X - just a little).

Non HH product bought: Trex 250, Trex 450 SE V2 (x3), Trex 450 Pro, Walkera 4G6, Walkera ? (contra rotating x2), Century Swift, Compass Knight 3D, JR Voyager E, ElyQ Vision 50C (x2), ElyQ Vision 90C, Align 3G (x3), Align 3GX, BeastX (x2), OS50 SX-H, OS55 SX, TT 100H, OrangeRX (x2), and quite a few others I cant recall at present.

Non HH product disapointed by: Trex 450 Pro (just couldn't get it flying properly), Walkera (all - broke if you looked at them), Align 3G (unpredictable - fly great one minute crap the next), Align 3GX (see 3G).
mikeycts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't we all

12p a crash is rather good - I take it you were being sarcastic

I'm not phased by the late release date. There aren't any other viable options to rival it at that size/price
Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaker View Post
Don't we all

I'm not phased by the late release date. There aren't any other viable options to rival it at that size/price
I can get a 200 size Walkera FBL RTF all CF and AL parts with a colour touch screen TX for $400! Vid of it flying [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta05WkQgH2Q&feature=relmfu[/ame] I would be flying one of these if my LHS supported it.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks quite nice but the problem is parts availability and not being able to use my DX8.
Also 200 is slightly too small - 250 to 300 is what I'm after.

The reason I haven't gone with the Gaui X2 is parts availability.

I'm not brand loyal by any means. If a better alternative comes out between now and June then I'll go with that instead. Currently as it stands the 300X is the best option for what I'm after.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Yeah - sorry I was a bit - the last decent crash I had (Compass Knight 3D almost a year ago) cost me about £80. I wacked a small rock with the tail blades on my V90C the other day which wrecked them - £25 (though I bought cheaper non ElyQ replacements). Fixing the mCPX is cheap!

The mCPX is a great little crasher - 9 times out of 10 (or more) you just straighten her out and off you go again - makes it great for learning things like inverted piro circuits....
Old 04-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

The reason I haven't gone with the Gaui X2 is parts availability.
Thought of the Microheli Vortex 200 Pro? Quality heli and easy to get bits for - will end up costing about 50% more than the 300 X though.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not heard of that one. I'll do some research.

Thanks for the heads-up...

I currently fly the mcpx, trex 250 and 450.

The mcpx is an awesome trainer - no questions there.

When flying the larger helis, I found myself choosing the 250 over the 450 most of the time, so I've realised the 250 is a better size for me.

My 250 FB need to go FBL. It will work out cheaper to go with the 300X and hopefully the tail will be better as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
I would be flying one of these if my LHS supported it.
Why would that stop you?

I spend a lot at my local model shops (there are 1/2 dozen I can get to) but I dont rely on them for my spare parts because regardless of what make or model it is they rarely have the bits I need whereas online shops almost always do and can get it to me the next day - often for less.

There has to be another reason why you wouldn't buy it - come on whats the real reason?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My 250 FB need to go FBL. It will work out cheaper to go with the 300X and hopefully the tail will be better as well.
Flybarless transformed my 250 - that tiny flybar head with all its tiny linkages just has too much slop. I put a 3G then a BeastX then a 3GX in it - tail was still mediocre. Sold it a couple of weeks ago because of the 300 X.

So I kinda want the 300 X to get here - oh well - definitely not cancelling the order just because it might be a few more week away though.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Why would that stop you?

I spend a lot at my local model shops (there are 1/2 dozen I can get to) but I dont rely on them for my spare parts because regardless of what make or model it is they rarely have the bits I need whereas online shops almost always do and can get it to me the next day - often for less.

There has to be another reason why you wouldn't buy it - come on whats the real reason?
LOL No.... that's it! I get all my stuff for the hobby at my LHS. Sure I limit myself. But everything I need is a 5 minute walk away. I get all my parts for the same price as online - shipping. I tried to get my LHS to bring these in but no dice. Seems HH owns the LHS market. I would love to see a little more diversity. What can you do though.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon.../e13_130x.html another one to wait for....
Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I think blade is about to blow up with sales. The 300x and 130x are gonna be huge sales. I think the 130x will be a must have heli for any flyer who's not a complete snob with brands. It will be a blast seeing who can push there 130x to the limits. Can fly anywhere and do anything, Why would you not want one.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea I agree I think the 130x is going to be a big hit. People on here post all the time that they were wanting a 120x. The mcpx was a hit with the noobs and advanced guys I don't see how you can go wrong with the 130x. It's a good size heli I just hope it's a tough bird and can handle the crash like the mcpx. Looking forward to fly it.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't expect it to be as durable as the little mcpx/msrx sized birds based on my experience with the 120sr.....its that whole weight vs gravity thing plus it has a higher head speed than the 120sr making it more likely to break some bits...still gonna be cheaper to crash than a 450.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hope you're right - I was always dissapointed by how much the CP2 Pro cost to repair - average crash cost about £30 whereas the Blade 400 usually came out under £20. I think it was to do with how many bits needed replacing.

I think the 130 X looks awesome - will be getting one as soon as they come out. I think it will be a heli to keep in the air though - I doubt any heli could be as tough as the mCPX.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

The delays with the 300x is why I bought a walkera v200d03 which is a 250 sized bird. Maybe later I'll get one but I'm not in any hurry.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hope you're right - I was always dissapointed by how much the CP2 Pro cost to repair - average crash cost about £30 whereas the Blade 400 usually came out under £20. I think it was to do with how many bits needed replacing.

I think the 130 X looks awesome - will be getting one as soon as they come out. I think it will be a heli to keep in the air though - I doubt any heli could be as tough as the mCPX.
I am thinking it will be a bit fragile and am going straight to the 300X, will sit on the fence and may grab a 130X later if the beta testers think it is okay.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

For £145 that TJDs are selling them for on pre order I think I'll line one up - has to be worth a punt....
Old 04-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default July?

According to a HH rep stationed at their heli display at the Toledo show today, the 300x release is now sometime in July. He declined selling the display model.

SR, mSR, V120D01, MiniCP, LadyBird
patryke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in