Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Will you guys be selling these bits too?
I can't speak for Mike, but I will have the H-RC bling ... I'm working with Benny a few projects, including the Atom 500/5.5 carbon landing gear that just went into production.

Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nice!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
I can't speak for Mike, but I will have the H-RC bling ... I'm working with Benny a few projects, including the Atom 500/5.5 carbon landing gear that just went into production.

Is Benny on HF? If not you should mention it to him whenever you guys are talking, seeing as I'm sure he would be an asset to the HF community and it would be good feedback for him too. I'm sure he would also appreciate the positive comments his customers have for Hawk-RC and Hawk-Creation.
scottyay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyay View Post
Is Benny on HF? If not you should mention it to him whenever you guys are talking, seeing as I'm sure he would be an asset to the HF community and it would be good feedback for him too. I'm sure he would also appreciate the positive comments his customers have for Hawk-RC and Hawk-Creation.
Benny was on HF ... I don't know if he still is or not. I do know he watches the forums though based on our discussions. We're in contact almost daily right now.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Benny was on HF ... I don't know if he still is or not. I do know he watches the forums though based on our discussions. We're in contact almost daily right now.
Ah I see. So he's a lurker is he? Hahaha

Fair enough, I'm sure he's a busy man.
scottyay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito169 View Post
couple pics
Did you need to get Blade 450X's both the hub and tail grips or just the tail grips only ?

Thanks.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
Did you need to get Blade 450X's both the hub and tail grips or just the tail grips only ?
Both grips and hub ... but hold tight, some bling in the pipeline designed specifically for the Warp 360.

The hub from Blade is made from swiss cheese and bends if you look at it the wrong way.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can attest to that. ^ I had two tail hubs bend on my 450X and they touched nothing but air.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarvin View Post
I can attest to that. ^ I had two tail hubs bend on my 450X and they touched nothing but air.
Wow, that is very fragile .....
Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Both grips and hub ... but hold tight, some bling in the pipeline designed specifically for the Warp 360.

The hub from Blade is made from swiss cheese and bends if you look at it the wrong way.
Ok then, I will wait.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Warp Bling Bling

I don't think they are up to the abuse that the 360 can lay out. The 360 has one of the strongest tails of any model I've flown.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't think they are up to the abuse that the 360 can lay out. The 360 has one of the strongest tails of any model I've flown.

I see.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I have had no issues with the blade hub which survived a crash from a boom failure(original thin), not a bad crash the warp held up exceptionally well. The blade hub came straight(not bent) from the start unlike my original hub

Quote:

agreed except its overkill adding extra weight at the very end of the bird, not a good choice IMHO causing the low end of the recommended flight pack weight to make the warp way out off COG wise.
Has anyone tried or is thinking about coming out with a CF boom? My original boom failed on my "slightly" tail heavy Warp set up and the new thicker boom is 11g heavier. Now I am worried about how far off I will be.I would love to shed some weight off the tail not add it.
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #54 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Check the Hawk-RC link for info on a CF boom.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have had no issues with the blade hub which survived a crash from a boom failure(original thin), not a bad crash the warp held up exceptionally well. The blade hub came straight(not bent) from the start unlike my original hub
Sorry. I disagree ... the hub from Blade is soft and bends easily. I'm sorry your first hub from Compass was bad. I'm sure it was replaced immediately upon you notifying your dealer.

Quote:
agreed except its overkill adding extra weight at the very end of the bird, not a good choice IMHO causing the low end of the recommended flight pack weight to make the warp way out off COG wise.
I'd agree with you except I haven't had any issues balancing my bird in the manner that David Ketelhut describes in the video posted in a sticky at the top of this forum. Ay of my customers who have had CG issues and has utilized the information in that video hasn't had a problem since. I'm not sure why you'd still be having problems.

Quote:
Has anyone tried or is thinking about coming out with a CF boom? My original boom failed on my "slightly" tail heavy Warp set up and the new thicker boom is 11g heavier. Now I am worried about how far off I will be.I would love to shed some weight off the tail not add it.
Yes. H-RC will be releasing a CF boom ... I have my reservations about this option part and what it will do with regards to vibrations and resonance.

I am running the new boom with the HC tail side frames and spacer without a single balance issue, nor do I have any added weight in the nose. I am running 1400mah 30C Reaktor packs (long skinny style).
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry. I disagree ... the hub from Blade is soft and bends easily. I'm sorry your first hub from Compass was bad. I'm sure it was replaced immediately upon you notifying your dealer.
No never received one although all else was taken care of by mike at nankin now prostar thanks again to the both of you.

I'd agree with you except I haven't had any issues balancing my bird in the manner that David Ketelhut describes in the video posted in a sticky at the top of this forum. Ay of my customers who have had CG issues and has utilized the information in that video hasn't had a problem since. I'm not sure why you'd still be having problems.

Yes I posted the video showing my heli and its cog issues on that post. apparently my canopy is approx. 20g lighter than the average

Yes. H-RC will be releasing a CF boom ... I have my reservations about this option part and what it will do with regards to vibrations and resonance.

harmful vibrations are caused by issues either in design or manufacturing quality and I know it's not the design mine has never had visibly noticeable vibrations even with the bent tail hub amazingly enough

I am running the new boom with the HC tail side frames and spacer without a single balance issue, nor do I have any added weight in the nose. I am running 1400mah 30C Reaktor packs (long skinny style).
Mine is worse than ever with the new boom. The new robird seems to be unaffected by the tail heavy COG so hopefully, once my blades arrive, the change won't affect it. I run both the long and short Turnigy 1300mah 45/90c lipos.The shorts balance the warp better. Hopefully it wont be any more of an issue then it was until the cf boom comes out because I want to avoid changing the original canopy mount.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:

But u have mini bec g2 at front right?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would be tempted to jump on CF boom of rweight savings but I think Jeff made a very legitimate comment about its dampening limits. Will have to wait and see. Jeff, are you planning to pilot (no pun ntended) the CF boom for us when it's released ?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mine is worse than ever with the new boom. The new robird seems to be unaffected by the tail heavy COG so hopefully, once my blades arrive, the change won't affect it. I run both the long and short Turnigy 1300mah 45/90c lipos.The shorts balance the warp better. Hopefully it wont be any more of an issue then it was until the cf boom comes out because I want to avoid changing the original canopy mount.
Are you able to post or email me directly close up photos of your bird (both sides of the frame) with the battery pack installed the way you would normally fly? I'd be curious to see how you have everything all laid out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaman View Post
But u have mini bec g2 at front right?
Yes, and if I could do it over again, I'd be running the YGE 90LV without a BEC.

My packs are long, skinny, and a bit on the light side.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pics

here are my photos I have everything as far forward as possible even my satellite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	419484   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	419485   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	419486   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	419487  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in