Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't notice the pulley brace until after the frames were together and it wasn't a big deal.
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You sure the CF pulley brace isn't with the canopy mount bag?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mike View Post
You sure the CF pulley brace isn't with the canopy mount bag?
yes i am sure, i also have the old canopy and canopy mount, old tail blade grips and something else that was old i think.

when i called to ask about the pulley brace he had me look at a few other parts and he asked questions about them. all of the parts appeared to be the old parts so i have more than just that part on the way.

i don't have any more bags except 2 bags with ball links and push rods and its not in there. so i do not have it.

thanks for the suggestion though

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Knew it was a shot in the dark. I feel bad for you man, you were blasting through this thing too...
Old 06-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it's not a huge deal. i guess i am just a fast builder. if i start in the morning i usually maiden them that afternoon.

along with building the warp i also built a X5 for someone yesterday,

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's fast
The biggers are easier, of course, but building is too much fun to get tired of it.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

looks like the post office is being slow with my stuff. they said it would be here Saturday or Monday but the stuff left the michigan post office today. so i should get it tomorrow i hope.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great stuff! I guess we should be hoping the weather is good tomorrow
Old 06-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

working 3rd shift and all i probably wont fly it tomorrow, ill probably finish it up when i get up and fly it the next day after the parts come in..

o an i cant find my ball link reamer. so i ordered one. i still need to ream the tail so i may need to wait till i get that reamer to fly it..

Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't forget to ream the "sleeve" thing that captures the ball on the pitch slider. Also my tail needed a small washer to keep the bearing on the control arm from binding when tightened. I had a little step washer laung around that was the perfect size. Either way make sure that the whole assembly moves freely before attaching it to the servo.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well she is basically built.

swash level and ball link reamer should be here today.

after i install all the ball links and push rods and ream the tail its time for a set up and a flight. ill probably get a test flight tomorrow morning if the mail comes in time and i can get it finished up today.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #72 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Danny,

You mentioned old tail blade grips. Are there new ones?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Danny,

You mentioned old tail blade grips. Are there new ones?
yes, he said there are now thicker more rigid tail blade grips that flex less

Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Shaft resistance sliding through both bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
with out actually sliding your boom thew my self i am not exactly sure if yours would be ok or not.

i mean if its very slight you should be ok but you don't want it putting extra pressure on your main shaft bearings and what not.

if it is still pretty easy to slide thew and just feels slightly tight you are probably ok, if you kind need to force it thew its probably not good.

a couple taps of the finger tip is probably ok but dont quote me on that. like i said i would need to put it thew my self to judge if i though it was ok or not. so its really up to you if you think the issue needs fixed or not
So I figured I would follow-up here on my issue with the shaft not falling through the bearings (sepecially the lower) without some assistance.

<Feel free to skip the following self indulgence>
I decided to tear down most of the my build and redo with my new found bravado. I had recently done a number mods (shimming, dremeling, cutting, sanding, grinding, swaping parts, swaping screws...) that produced exceptional results in areas of mechanical fit and finish. I was still irritated by the lower shaft beariing as every other moving component was functioning with zero resitance and as close to no friction as is possible.
<self indulgence end>

The problem is with the radio tray. Fitting it between the frame sides applied tension. In my case too much. I sanded down the tray a little and the two metal braces it mounted to such that the tray slips into position without flexing the frame - perfect fit (not loose nor snug). That did it! not only doe sthe shaft now fall under its own weight throught he bearings, it litterally drops like a rock. It is very easy to do to a fully assembled heli hence, I recommend given it a try especially if you had to 'pry' (even slightly) your tray into the frame.

Cheers!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Everything on mine seemed to fit together quite well. glad you got that worked out though

well nasty rain for the next few days so i am in no hurry to get her finished

i threw a YGE 90 on the warp yesterday figured i would benefit more putting that on the warp over the X5, getting rid of the external BEC that i could not find a good place to mount and some extra wires is great., my X5 really does not need a governor. i am not sure if this does either but i figure being a small helicopter it will probably help.

so i did that, installed the boom, tightened a few things up, i think all i need to do now is put the linkage rods on and set the thing up. o and ream the tail links. ill probably work on it a little later today before i go into work tonight, i think i am going to bed now though.

i also have to work this weekend and wont be off till next weekend. the weather looks like it will be good on Monday. maybe i cant get in a couple of flights in Monday morning.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #76 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sounds good, Danny.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

got the tail fixed. one of the pins was very tight in the hole, stuck a drill bit in the hole and moved it around a few times by hand. it got the burr out what ever it was out of there. tail is super smooth now. guess that part was machined well. it was not the ball links, i stuck the reamer in those and they were fine.. it was just the hole the pin goes thew in the aluminum tail slider part.

all i need to do now is make new holes for the canopy. the holes are way off for some reason. but besides that she is completely done and set up. once the canopy is mounted she is ready for a test flight. maybe it wont be raining when i get home from work in the morning so i can see what the little guy is all about..

o and it looks like i used the worng screws for the servo horn ball since the head of the screw sticks out. i guess that is not really a problem. if any one things it is i should be able to fix it pretty quickly..

well off to work.. yuck.. haha

Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #78 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Danny,

The canopy grommet holes are probably located for the shorter canopy mount. If you use the extended mount, you will need new holes. If you want to drill new holes, I took measurements that might work well for you.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=534673

Also, if the screw doesn't go into the ball, it's one of two reasons. One is it's the wrong screw. The other is that it's the correct screw, but the head of it is slightly large or out of round, and needs to be filed down a little so it will seat all the way into the ball.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My screws don't go all te way into the balls but I mainly just chose screws that were long enough for backing nuts to be used.

I also had to drill new canopy holes after going with the longer canopy tab thingy in order to get more room to shove my short stubby packs farther forward. Not really worried about it as I can't see the extra holes when I'm flying it but if I order a Fusuno I'll do as I always do and get it undrilled so I can make the holes where they need to be for my heli.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i am using the short canopy mount. i still need to make the holes back about a ince furgther. without a battery the holes will line up. once i get a battery in there there is no possible way to make the hoels reach teh canopy post. and the canopy thingy is completely slid onto the canopy mounting tab. so the canopy is going on all the way but it would need to be angled in a different manner to get the hoels to line up. once its all in there i cant do that.

i did notice i had a few screws with smaller heads, i have allot of extra screws and such junk laying around. and i got some extera balls too. i will dig thew the extra screws and see which ones will fit into the balls. ill get those changed out tomorrow if its raining.

if its not raining when i get hom i am going to fly that sucker..

any beast x users can you tell me where you have pot 1 witht he mks ds92A+ servos. i would imagine pot one would need turnd down allot since there is not dampening and what not..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in