Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #181 (permalink)
HF Support

OK. Let the wrenching begin. Anyone that is interested can follow my X5 build thread here...

Nelson's X5 Build
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post
If you didn't know, be careful with the micro deans. That exposed lead can cause a nice spark if it happens to touch the balance leads. I swapped my 130X over to micro deans and always need to keep them covered. I'm seriously considering swapping to a different connector.

I just measured the weight diff between deans and micro deans, it's .068 ounces. There's no way most would feel that slight difference of weight.
That's why you never use the male on the battery, a male on battery will shortcut no matter size of the dean. Uppenbarligen
p3ter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

micro deans all have one exposed pin.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooferdoggie View Post
micro deans all have one exposed pin.
Ja man

Micro Deans have been working great for me, no problems whatsoever
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2014, 04:16 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Back after hibernation!

Hi guys! I'm finally back after a VERY dark winter!

Still not 100% happy with tail hold on this thing, especially on rainbows. Will test some stuff..

And holy crap this thing is fast! I'll try and get some GPS logging done in order to document vs. my 450X 6S setup!
Old 05-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300X vs GAUI X2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Hi guys! I'm finally back after a VERY dark winter!

Still not 100% happy with tail hold on this thing, especially on rainbows. Will test some stuff..

And holy crap this thing is fast! I'll try and get some GPS logging done in order to document vs. my 450X 6S setup!

Shy, have you had to do any mods to your x2 namely to the tail?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
Shy, have you had to do any mods to your x2 namely to the tail?
Hi Vertico! Not really, but I've been using the HSC gears from the get go. No need for belt roller then. It has 1 tooth less in the rear for better tail authority. I'll test with stock to compare...
Old 05-27-2014, 03:11 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New kid on the block - CFX

Quote:
Considering the materials used in the X2 it's not a totally fair comparison, but here goes:

Blade 300X BNF is USD 320

Gaui X2 Formula Super Combo is USD 600:
http://www.flying-hobby.com/gaui-x2-...o-p-12015.html

Thats' with a Scorpion motor, metal gear servos, ESC (no gov) and Mini V-Bar.

So it's quite simply 2x the price of a 300X. Plus you need to build and set it up yourself.

Edit: BUT! There's a big BUT here! Keep in mind that the X2 comes with full aluminium/carbon/titan all over! If you buy the 300X and then swap out almost every part on it... I higly doubt that it can come close to the price of the X2!

Myself I went for the bare kit with motor and ESC at USD 329. I'm putting in a AR7200BX.
It's time to bring the new Blade 300 CFX to the table as well!

List price is USD 400, this one comes without a battery whilst the original 300X does.

So even the CFX is quite a bit less than the X2 Super Combo.

But there's a good chance you'll be spending 2-3 times the price of the heli on upgrades. Whilst on the X2 it's already on board. IMO HH should have went all in with the new CFX:
-better motor
-ESC with governor
-decent servos
-CNC'ed slant gears
-alu tail
-fibreglass canopy
(and probably more)

Man I'd wish SAB would make a 300 or 450 size Goblin - that would be totally irresistable...

Last edited by SHYguy; 05-27-2014 at 04:42 AM..
Old 05-27-2014, 03:56 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I'd be in for a 450 Gobbler my 500 is a awesome heli.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Beware!

Just want to remind you guys about one thing though regarding the Gaui X2:

Some parts of the construction consist of VERY tiny parts and tiny screws - mCPx size. So if you have big hands and/or lack of patience - and found the mCPx a PITA to work on - then this heli is NOT a good choice for you!

I have "piano fingers" and can manage, but it takes some patience and accuracy for sure! And pay great attention to not loosing any tiny screws on the floor... hard to find! It's not a heli I'd wrench on in the field.

The Blade 300X is size wise just like wrenching on a Blade 450X - very simple construction, big parts, rather big screws. Much easier.

And again as a trainer - the 300X (an upgraded one!) is more sedate and easier to fly. And can take a beating too. The X2 is not a beater - it's a "Formula 1" 300 size heli. Amazing power & agility, but more of a handful. And being smaller/slimmer quite a bit harder to see as well in the air. There's really just one good option here: Buy both of them!
As always - bigger is better - but if you're (like me) restricted in any way to a 300 size - this hopefully is useful. I for sure enjoy both these birds. And with the right setup they fly just as good as a 450 size heli. The potential is definately there!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew my stretched 300X again this morning. It flies much better now that the disc loading is better. I've flown a 300X with 245mm-255mm blades governed up to 4500RPM - it screamed! But without better disc loading, it still flew very "heavy." Adding 30mm in length to the blades using the Lynx stretch kit has evened it out big time, and even at 3600-3700RPM [governed] it still flies better than the 245mm blades at 4500RPM [governed]. I have some 275mm Esky blades on order that should arrive here before too long (I'm stuck using the Lynx 275mm plastic blades in the meantime). If the root is the right size and everything to where I can actually use them, the Esky blades have a wider chord and won't flex as much, which should give greater solidity. I haven't weighed the bird yet to be able to check the disc loading on the Dark Horse calculator. I fly 3D and would think that at 360g the X2's disc loading might actually be a little too low for my personal tastes. I haven't flown one yet to be able to say that with certainty, but one thing's for sure - it's easier to put weight on than to take weight off (unless you're a skinny guy like me with health issues).

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool! How long is it now from the front of the canopy to the tail rotor? (Could it fit my backpack?) LOL

I want to start practising autos... don't wanna use the X2 here with a bit narrow & hard skids... easy to tip over... could maybe mount some larger, flexing skids...
Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried auto'ing the stretched 300X yet. I have four 300Xs and two of them are using Lynx OWB assemblies (just to smooth out the drive train). I've found autos on 300Xs to be really difficult. They just don't have enough mass in the head to be able to do it easily. I've seen a few videos of guys doing full size autos from 30 feet or so without crashing on Gaui X2s and 300Xs, but the best I've been able to do on a 300X so far has been from 4 or 5 feet.

The Lynx stretch kit adds 25mm in length to the tail boom if I remember correctly. I'll grab some measurements for you this evening.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #194 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Cool! How long is it now from the front of the canopy to the tail rotor? (Could it fit my backpack?) LOL

I want to start practising autos... don't wanna use the X2 here with a bit narrow & hard skids... easy to tip over... could maybe mount some larger, flexing skids...
What you need is a bigger backpack so you can fit an X5 in it.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Now you're talking!

Old 05-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
LOL! My wife is easily fooled (she married me)... but that might be going too far

Lovin' the X5 Nelson?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #197 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
LOL! My wife is easily fooled (she married me)... but that might be going too far

Lovin' the X5 Nelson?
Hey man. I'm just glad to see you're back.
Yeah I'm still super happy with the X5. It's the perfect size heli for me and the area I fly in. The parts are pretty cheap. It's smaller and lighter than a TRex 550 or the 550X, but a little bit larger than a Goblin 500. After 6 months of abuse I haven't had a single problem with it. No crashes either...knock on wood. I took it apart the other night to inspect the bearings and gears and they were all still in good shape. The only things I've changed from stock are a Castle ESC and a Western Digital BEC. Oh, and the new lower profile formula head and swashplate when Gaui released it a while back. That will start being standard on their new kits.

The X5 autos great. Also the autorotation bailout system works flawlessly in the VBar coupled with the CC Edge ESC in "external governor mode" and sending it's AUX channel to the VBar's RPM input. So it's easy to practice autos with some altitude before you bring it all the way down to the deck. It's just way easier to do than it would be on anything as small as the 300X or X2.

I've made a few changes since I last took photos (new head and cleaner wiring), but it's still pretty close to how it looks here.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...37#post5663637

I'm still flying my 300X and 450X, but after flying the X5 I really wish I had an X2 and X3 instead.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thx mate! I seriously need to get my 700 in the air! Should auto ok'ish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in