Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

there are videos on utube showing how to setup the end points for the skyfly transmitter. You won't need any mixes yet. I haven't used mine in quite a while but maybe I can help there. I am sure I still have setting in my program.
Cheryl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool! Thanks.. That is good info. tell me anything you can about that transmitter. lots of stuff out there, just mostly reviews, ive found. I need all the help i can get.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem...the program is on my other lap top. I will get it tomorrow and open the program. I am sure the throttle and pich surves are still there.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for being absent for so long. Life always seems to throw me wicked curve balls. Anyway I am back so where do you want to start with the fly sky?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having trouble with the limits? When i adjust the limit points on my servo's via the transmiter, it slows the servo's way down. Is there some other way to adjust the end points so i don't overdrive my servo's, but they keep thier speed?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow...I didn't have that problem... I set them in my computer/tx and the speed never changed. Let me do some research and I'get back to you.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out this link. It is a club dedicated to the fly sky radio. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a pic of my heli, almost ready to fly? But Skeered! I am still having touble with the rudder servo speed, i will check out that forum you suggested. Thanks. Also my esc seems eratic at low speeds? Smoothes out when i apply more throttle. Is that normal? It is a Datrum 40 amp speed control. Not an expensive one, it this a common trait of cheapies? Also when my heli is setting completely idle, with transmiter and reciever on, some of the servos seem to twitch on their own. Can bundling the leads from the servo's cause induction, interferences? Or do i just need to adjust something?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

great looking heli. I would check the heli to be sure you don't have any binding.which can make the heli seem eratic at low speeds (low voltage to the motor) from there I would definitely look at the esc. What gyro are you using? Have you set it up properly? finless bob has a good video for setting up gyros. It is for a fatuba 401 but it is pretty unibersal. Also make sure it set to digital if you have a digital servo. I really hope this helps.

Cheryl Ann
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

You also might want to check your belt tension and gear mesh with you motor. both can cause eratic low speed operation.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Cheryl. I will check those things. I have a analog servo on the tail, gyro is set to analog. I will check out the set up for the gyro. I just set it up by the instructions that came with it, they were pretty simplistic, not very thorough. My gear mesh, might be a little tight, it will check that as well. Thanks a bunch, i will let yall know what happens and what doesnt.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

belt tension, gear mesh is good. gyro set to d/s off, i have a plain old analog servo, i think. I really don't know what distinquishes a digital servo from a normal one. These were part of a kit, it was cheap, probably regular old servo. it has a really small motor inside of it with a small electronics board and plastic gears. I got the kit from xheli, it is the kit that comes with the motor, 4 servos, esc, and gyro for like 49 bucks. supposed to be of decent quality for a beginner settup, i was told? I switched the gyro to 2 on the reciever, still twitches. I think that is what is making speed eratic too, it is possibly getting some sort of feed back as well. What u think? I am fixing to check out the gyro set up vid.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, started thinking! Almost hurt myself, had to slow down. I started messing with my transmitter, thinking maybe it had something to do with some settings i had fooled with. In gyro sens, i moved my up rate down from 100 to 40. moved my dn rate up from 0 to 40. now my rudder servo isnt twitching, but now gyro is not working! OMG! On this transmitter it has Uprate, DNRate, Model all under gyro sense. If i change the model from gy to std, then rates have normal at one end of the spectrum and avc at the other end? What is that? If i put model at std, rates only have norm, no avc. I have the model set for GY. Is that right? What are the differnces in norm and avc. I have my rates in the norm range, should i have them in the avc range? Still have esc twitching, or eratic what ever you want to call it. I wonder if it has something to do with another setting in the transmitter? I still have not learned this transmitter. I tried the forum you mentioned, have not been accepted into it as of yet. HELP!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default u still out there

not really familiar with the radio u have.... but mabye i can help. set radio to norm i think so u have norm and avc then set your endpoints. i think about 65 for avc and 25- 32 for norm.reset ur gyro sens to 100 and 0

Last edited by tigger69; 05-13-2012 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: missed
tigger69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sotty..for some reason emails are not forwarding from here to my email.

first thing take your gyro out of heading hold and then adjust your limits mechanically.
Refer to finless Bobs setting up a 401 gyro. that is some really good info. You don't need to worry about anything but normal for now. gyro sensitivity should be 60. reset your gyro to hh mode and that should work.

once again I am sorry for not replying sooner. I will have check and see why I am not receiving my emails. Or just make sure I am checking here more often.

Cheryl
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cannot tell you how much you really need to watch the finless bob videos on this subject. Mainly the gy401 set up. The setting on the fatuba he uses do apply to this radio, they are just labeled differently. He helped me a bunch. Pay close attention and you will see how they apply.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in