Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sounds awesome, any chance you could post some pictures for us to see? i also have noticed how easy the frame bends with very little pressure, i landed a bit hard once and didn't break anything but i noticed it wouldn't sit on all 4 corners of the skids, it seemed warped and then i found the purple frame was slightly bent and fixed it back...

thanks for sharing...
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #102 (permalink)

I'm not sure how to post pictures but I will make a YouTube video of the mods.Ideal thickness for frame is 1.5mm,and you could make it much lighter than the aluminum original.Also the motor bolts won't come loose any more because that's where the bend starts,and it feels real solid !Looks good to!
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool Ufly carbon fiber frame

I'd love to see that as well. Just a heads up, carbon fiber material can be nasty, anytime I work with it I always get splinters in my fingers so I recommend using gloves as well as a dust mask as I can imagine the dust must wreck havoc on our lungs. Just my 2 cents...
jtpile is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #104 (permalink)

I made a YouTube video that shows my carbon frame and relocated hardware.Where my esc used to be looks like a good place for a camera!Look under uflys flybarless carbon frame in YouTube.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow..that is very nice..you did a really nice job with it.I noticed you have the super skids as well... i really like the way the CF looks compared to the pink aluminum...looks nice with the rx up closer to the cg i bet it does help the gyros have a better sense on whats going on...

on your mod it looks very professional ...
Old 04-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #106 (permalink)

Hey Marty ,did you get your bird to fly the way you like?I just posted another video of my uflys on a calm day(very rare around here)what a treat!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes i think i got it setup after using the longer balls you mentioned and turning the ext pot on the rx way down, it seems to be doing very well, i only got a chance to hover it out back with the outside lights on the other night...its been really windy lately here past few days and today its stormy and raining...hopefully i will get some forward flight in before to long..
i really liked the way it handled when i hovered it..
Old 04-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #108 (permalink)

Any one know where to get the feathering o-rings for the rotor head,mine developed play over the last couple of days?Makes the heli jumpy in wind with the extra slop.I put in o-rings from another new head for now.I'm going to order some from a hardware company in a harder viton rubber and see if that last longer .
Old 04-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

not sure where you can get just the dampeners, i think you have to order the feathering shaft and they come with it...on a side note, i was looking at the extreme production blade grips for the uflys and it appears it has bearings in stead of the rubber dampeners, might be a alternative ...a bit pricey tho...might be worth it in the long run.

Last edited by magicmarty; 04-09-2011 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: typo..
Old 04-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

oops, i forgot the dampeners are in the head , for some silly reason i was thinking they were in the blade grips...sorry for the confusion...do you have the ones from the stock head when you converted it to fbl ? when i ordered the v370 head it came with the feathering shaft and dampeners already installed...its a shame some silicon tubing wouldn't work as a alternative but i think its to soft and will cause to much flex in the feathering shaft...

please let us know if you find them i am sure we will need to replace ours as well someday..

found this site it might help you out...
http://www.oringsandmore.com/servlet...ngs/Categories

Last edited by magicmarty; 04-09-2011 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: added more info..
Old 04-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #111 (permalink)

I replaced my rotor shaft in my ufly,it was so easy, because I didn't use the rotor pin, just JB cold weld epoxy.I removed the feathering shaft,clamped the head in a vice between two pieces of plywood,heated the shaft with a propane torch for about 30 seconds,clamped a small vice grip to old shaft, light twist and it was out!I took the new shaft and spun it in by hand to clean out left over epoxy,reglued ,done in ten minutes.I bent the shaft but never broke the glue bond.It works good on the 370d01 head because there's no notch in the head so you can spin the head to install or remove.I'm still looking for feathering shaft o-rings,not easy to find!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default swashplate upgrade

hi everyone!!!! ....I have a new project ...wondering if someone can help me ...i remember reading about servo gears striping after the main blades would strike....to my surprice the gears have survive every strike , instead the arms on the swashplate keep bending and eventually breaking off !!! does anyone know if there is a beefier swash plate the would fit on my ufly ?
hcazar73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #113 (permalink)

Microheli Vortex 200 uses a 3mm shaft swash that might be made to work.I bent my uflys swash twice and bent it back carefully .I purchased a 370d01 swash for a spare and it also looks rather weak.Just gotta quite crashing!I think I payed $11 for my spare swash!I hope you find what you are looking for and let us know how it works!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Link to the FBL conversion parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpile View Post
Hi, sorry for the slow response. I used the 370D01's flybarless head, blade grips, and swashplate. I used the 370D01's swashplate because the ball connectors are the proper length for the flybarless head. I did not use the 370D01's main shaft, just the stock uflys' main shaft. I also used the linkages from the 370D01 and only shortened the servo links as the swashplate sits much lower than the stock swashplate due to the flybarless head.
Hope this helps!
jtpile,

Can you send us a link to where you bought al the parts for the FBL conversion? How much of an investment are we talking about?

Thx
arquitron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail servo

Quote:
Nope, I replaced them all because they're wicked fast and responsive plus
I like the reliability of these Henge servos with their metal gears.
jtpile,

Did you use the same servo model for the tail?

Thx
arquitron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arquitron View Post
jtpile,

Can you send us a link to where you bought al the parts for the FBL conversion? How much of an investment are we talking about?

Thx
Hi arquitron,

Yes I used the same Henge servos for the tail. Here's where you can get all the parts of the flybarless conversion except the esky linkage, although Helidirect may also have it:

http://helidirect.com/walkera-walker...8_237_1656.hdx

You'll need these things from there: Walkera Main blades holder HM-V370D01-Z-01, Walkera Rotor head set HM-V370D01-Z-02, Walkera Main rotor shaft HM-V370D01-Z-04, Walkera Ball linkage set HM-V370D01-Z-05, Walkera Swashplate HM-V370D01-Z-03.

The main thing that you need on here is the rotorhead, if you can get ball links that work to the swash then you really don't have to get a new swashplate and blade grips. It's around $40 but you can save yourself money if you don't get the swashplate or blade grips and replace the Ufly ones with ball links that work with the ones you already have. Also because I used the regular ufly mainshaft you'll need shorter links from your servo to the swashplate; I used ones from an esky dauphin (the metal part) because they are already very short and all I needed to do was screw on the walkera plastic part of the servo linkage onto the metal part of the esky servo linkage.

-cheers
Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi arquitron,

Yes I used the same Henge servos for the tail. Here's where you can get all the parts of the flybarless conversion except the esky linkage, although Helidirect may also have it:

http://helidirect.com/walkera-walker...8_237_1656.hdx

You'll need these things from there: Walkera Main blades holder HM-V370D01-Z-01, Walkera Rotor head set HM-V370D01-Z-02, Walkera Main rotor shaft HM-V370D01-Z-04, Walkera Ball linkage set HM-V370D01-Z-05, Walkera Swashplate HM-V370D01-Z-03.

The main thing that you need on here is the rotorhead, if you can get ball links that work to the swash then you really don't have to get a new swashplate and blade grips. It's around $40 but you can save yourself money if you don't get the swashplate or blade grips and replace the Ufly ones with ball links that work with the ones you already have. Also because I used the regular ufly mainshaft you'll need shorter links from your servo to the swashplate; I used ones from an esky dauphin (the metal part) because they are already very short and all I needed to do was screw on the walkera plastic part of the servo linkage onto the metal part of the esky servo linkage.

-cheers
Helidirect does have the esky linkages, $1.43 You only need the metal part, still use the plastic part from the Ufly servo links...

http://helidirect.com/esky-control-l...300-p-3271.hdx
Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #118 (permalink)

I used my uflys linkage,to make it work I screwed my swash to rotor head links almost all the way in which makes the servo links about in the middle of adjustment.I used the ufly blade grips,swash and linkages.

Last edited by Stevemech; 04-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Clarify
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

i love this mod, i was out yesterday doing some fast forward flight and some figure 8s , and got a crazy idea.I turned up the ext a tad where it had more cyclic and came across the back yard about 60 ft up fast and pulled up and did a back flip ...was cool , had in mind of doing a loop but it turned into a flip....lol

good luck all and happy flying...
Old 04-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmarty View Post
i love this mod, i was out yesterday doing some fast forward flight and some figure 8s , and got a crazy idea.I turned up the ext a tad where it had more cyclic and came across the back yard about 60 ft up fast and pulled up and did a back flip ...was cool , had in mind of doing a loop but it turned into a flip....lol

good luck all and happy flying...
Hi Magicmarty,

Love to have seen that; I'd try it but with my luck I'd crash. Love to see a video of that! -cheers

Tags
370d01, flybarless, uflys, walkera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in