Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Experiences with Walkera Devo 12s?

Don't know where to put this, so thought I would put it here in hopes of getting the most feedback from walkera peeps.

Just found out about the Devo 12s,Tx this thing looks NICE, I am interested in hearing from people that have used it? how is it? Pro's, Cons?

I heard they are trying to re-write the firmware, or hack it, whatever you want to call it, so it can TX to Spektrum 2.4ghz, anyone know how far along they are?

thanks
FurryTrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have got a Devo 12S and it is a really great piece of engineering. It will be very difficult to find any dissatisfied users. Once you have used a touch screen interface, you will not want to go back to a normal interface again. The screen is much bigger and brighter than the Devo 8S.

There is a third party firmware that aims to make Devo transmitters compatible with DSM2 and others. A version has been released for the Devo 8/8S but there is no news on the Devo 12 yet. The website is http://www.deviationtx.com
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for the response.. If they can get the Devo12s running DSM2 and DSM-X or whatever.. thats going to change things... just looked at the Futaba 18z i believe and its like 3200. the JR 11(whatever) is like 800.. and the DEVO looks better than both esp the ugly 11 by jr. and probably has the same functions for $450-500..
FurryTrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryTrex View Post
thanks for the response.. If they can get the Devo12s running DSM2 and DSM-X or whatever.. thats going to change things... just looked at the Futaba 18z i believe and its like 3200. the JR 11(whatever) is like 800.. and the DEVO looks better than both esp the ugly 11 by jr. and probably has the same functions for $450-500..
There is a third party Spektrum module available that uses the trainer port of a Walkera tx. It costs around $90 and is probably a safer bet at the moment.

http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1529
Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Devo 12 and it works pretty good. I really like the touch screen feature as it makes setting up easy. It has a lot of features like my 11x. Some I would never use, but it does all the basic stuff for planes and heli's. I might have to try the box from HawkRC if it works with the DSM2 stuff. All my stuff runs on Spektrum so it would be cool to be able to use my Devo 12 with other stuff than walkera
Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,

the HawkRC module is no longer available. Does anyone have another product that would allow to use DSM2 or DSMx with the Walkera 12s? I don't want to try the devention, as I have several models configured and I don't want to reconfigure everything again from scratch, as the work require dto do the whole set up again for HC3SX would be a pain.

Michael
cropduster69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 02:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropduster69 View Post
Hi guys,

the HawkRC module is no longer available. Does anyone have another product that would allow to use DSM2 or DSMx with the Walkera 12s? I don't want to try the devention, as I have several models configured and I don't want to reconfigure everything again from scratch, as the work require dto do the whole set up again for HC3SX would be a pain.

Michael
You don't need to buy an adapter anymore. You can simply flash it with the Deviation firmware that I mentioned above. I have it installed on mine and it is working great for both dsm2 and dsmx.

www.deviationtx.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in