Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2015, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NX4 Gasser - My First Gasser

Hello everyone,

I finally purchased my first gasser (NX4 Gasser, with T-10 engine), and am very excited. I am still waiting the packages to arrive.

Meanwhile, as an ex-nitro and current electric heli guy, I would like to ask a couple of things about gassers and this heli. Helps/ideas from experienced members would be very much appreciated :

1) Manual does not recommend muffler pressure, does this mean that I should NOT connect fuel thank and muffler with a fuel tube, right? and, the end of the fuel tube which is attached to fuel tank and goes to muffler is closed or open (in case you dont connect it to muffler)?

2) Which oil do you use? I am planning to use mineral (for both break in and later), I heard that synthetic leaves some sticky particles when burnt, which may cause problems on moving parts (they stick and bind permanantly) in the long run, any ideas are welcome...

3) I am good at needle settings. I wont have problems if it works like a nitro engine. Is it the case?

4) I will use a single power resource with a Turnigy 8-15A UBEC with two output cables (one for CDI the other for RX). Anyone ever tried this setup?

5) I was putting the blades on during break in. However, I red some several threads and watch videos that they break in this engine without blades. Which one should I prefer?

So far thats it. Many thanks...

Last edited by bensinyor; 06-08-2015 at 05:59 AM..
bensinyor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensinyor View Post
Hello everyone,

I finally purchased my first gasser (NX4 Gasser, with T-10 engine), and am very excited. I am still waiting the packages to arrive.

Meanwhile, as an ex-nitro and current electric heli guy, I would like to ask a couple of things about gassers and this heli. Helps/ideas from experienced members would be very much appreciated :

1) Manual does not recommend muffler pressure, does this mean that I should NOT connect fuel thank and muffler with a fuel tube, right? and, the end of the fuel tube which is attached to fuel tank and goes to muffler is closed or open (in case you dont connect it to muffler)?
Yes, it means that you connect a tube in the tank, but not in the pressure port on the muffler - see some my photos here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=699029

Quote:
2) Which oil do you use? I am planning to use mineral (for both break in and later), I heard that synthetic leaves some sticky particles when burnt, which may cause problems on moving parts (they stick and bind permanantly) in the long run, any ideas are welcome...

3) I am good at needle settings. I wont have problems if it works like a nitro engine. Is it the case?
The engine (gas engine generally) is very sensitive to settings of needles. I am not the best in settings of needles, if you refer your settings, I would appreciated it :-).

Quote:
4) I will use a single power resource with a Turnigy 8-15A UBEC with two output cables (one for CDI the other for RX). Anyone ever tried this setup?
I used to. But I would suggest to use 2 power sources - see some my pictures here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=699029

- the bottom front part is high voltage area, the rest of the heli is low voltage area :-). There is not much space to play with the positions of components...

Quote:
5) I was putting the blades on during break in. However, I red some several threads and watch videos that they break in this engine without blades. Which one should I prefer?
I idled it without blades, because I need to adjust carb and needles time to time, and for security reasons, I removed the blades.
I went 1 liter of gas through the heli without blades and only idling and now, I put the blades back and going to burn about 2 tanks with blades and 0 or -1 pitch.

Quote:
So far thats it. Many thanks...

I hope it helped.
Roman
SlezY83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2015, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roman,
many thanks..

Any suggestions regarding the oil?
I think I will break in with blades on.

PS: sorry for your crash
Old 06-09-2015, 03:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The oil depends on local availability.
For my other gasser (T-Rex 600 with Zenoah HWC 231), I use Bell-Ray H1R. The oil is here quite expensive here (about 20-25 USD), but there is mix ration 1:32 – it is not problem.

For T-10 (Go Engine GH56), it is recommended 1:10 at least.

I have about 2 liters of 2T racing oil, which I use for GH56 and then we will see…

For first tank, I used synthetic oil, then for idling of next 4 or 5 tanks, I used mineral oil.

Only be careful during first start about throttle (when you have blades on) - you do not know, where is idle and when it can idle fast.
Maybe do first engine start without blade and then, you can idle with them.

The crash was not hard – seems only tail blades. I will check the shaft, but it seems to be ok.

Roman
Old 06-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

WRT Gasser's Oil:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=538343
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=449921

However on the T-10, be sure to mix 10:1 (or more). I used LawnBoy Ashless for the 1st 4 tanks idle breakin.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks distructor.

I will check this out.
But, I am not sure if I can find these around
Brands that I have access are so limited. I guess I will use mineral
Old 06-10-2015, 02:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by distructor View Post
WRT Gasser's Oil:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=538343
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=449921

However on the T-10, be sure to mix 10:1 (or more).
Do you think 10:1 is not enough?
Should I use, say, 10:1.2 or 10:1.5?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would say, that the GAUI T-10 is the same engine as Go Engine GH-56 and maybe RotorStar Apache .56 (this is glow version, but somebody converted it to GASoline).

Last recommendation from Go Engine is to use ration 4:1 (20% of oil!).
Bud Doug tested T-10 engine at 25.000 RPM with 5 gallons of gasoline with 10:1 and everything was OK. You will find the topic in Gassoline helicopters. Of course, the good tuning of the engine is the base.

The reason for this high oil ration could be that there are not used bearings on connection rod, but only brass bushings.
A next reason could be that it is small engine and there is small amount of gas for each cycle (=it means oil) and therefore is needed to use higher oil ratio (to transfer there enough of oil)…
But maybe somebody who is more knowledgeable about gasoline engines can provide better answer :-).

I would say, if you use more oil (especially at beginning), you will not make mistake.
But I use 10:1 as well.

Roman
Old 06-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Roman.

How do you insert the cdi plug to the spark plug?
Cdi plug is too long, do we have to bend it?
Could not figure out. Some help needed please
Old 06-15-2015, 01:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

It went very hard to insert the spark plug sleeve on the spark plug. You have to press it and ROTATE ABOUT 90 DEG. It will lock it.
I unmount the cover an then insert the sleeve on the spark plug.

I little extended a hole in the cover.

I had problems with locking the sleeve and I used nail-scissors and cut about 0,5mm. not about whole round, only I removed few pieces of the seal, which is in the spark plug sleeve.
Do it only if you really cannot insert the spark plug sleeve on the spark plug.
Make it by very small steps...

I hope you understand me :-)

Roman
Old 06-15-2015, 01:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks,

after I posted my question, I had my own solution.
I simply removed that part (the one you post the picture of)

Tags
gaui nx4 gasser, gaui t10 engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in