Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beam E6 AvantGarde at OHB 2011

Hi,

here is a video of the Beam AvantGarde at the Orlando Helicopter Blowout.

I will upload a 1080P version next week

Big THANK YOU to Nick Maxwell for allowing us to share this private "friendly" flight test !!!!!!!

Best regards,

Fabien

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAIwKfmKHlk&list=UU6szjGlYYLKNn33n4wlCM4Q& feature=plcp[/ame]
Fabien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

SWEET!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Cool video, thanks for sharing!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow~~~Thanks for your nice video.
Avantgarde had the fortune to meet one of the top pilots in the world.
Thank you again, Fabien~~
newmafi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So, what was Nick's impression of the Avantgarde?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi,

well i would simply answer that he found the rotor head dampening a bit soft the day before but i had greased my Orings so that might explain why, then well i think he found it OK, many people asked him to fly their helicopter ( including us lol) and he was pretty busy, he also accepted to make this video on a friendly base and i will limit myself in sharing the video in respect to his words.
I mean the best would be that some people who know him ask him directly the question, all i can say is well the Beam seems does thejob )))
I'm on the manufacturing and represenative side, it's very delicate to give such comment in facts, i prefer the customers / owners to give their own opinions.
The only thing i would add is that the helicopter frames have now threaded inserts to install the CC Ice 2 HV 80 and 120 just by screwing them with their tabs ( just use 4 gromets or silicon fuel tube pieces)

BEst regards,

Fabien
Gryphon / Hatz
Old 12-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fabien,

What size feathering shaft? I ask so we will know if there are after market dampers we can use?

I spent a few hours drooling over this machine, it has great looks, forward looking design ideas, and a solid drive-train! If that is the same machine I saw Sean fly, it has a 4025-630, with room to add an X-era or larger Scorpion, for those that want ridiculous power!

Fabien, can you post a link where we can go look over the specs, and pics?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
Fabien,

What size feathering shaft? I ask so we will know if there are after market dampers we can use?

I spent a few hours drooling over this machine, it has great looks, forward looking design ideas, and a solid drive-train! If that is the same machine I saw Sean fly, it has a 4025-630, with room to add an X-era or larger Scorpion, for those that want ridiculous power!

Here's a few:

Fabien's awesome build thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=355647

Pictures: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=335659

Stats from here: http://helsel.co.kr/front/php/produc...isplay_group=3

- Lenght: 1,200mm
- Height: 400mm
- Main rotor diameter:1,400mm
- tail rotor diameter: 270mm
- Weightless power system: 1,145g
- Electric powerd heli for 6s~12s
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
Fabien,

Hi,

if you are talking avout Sean Sullivan ( at the Orlando Helicopter Blowout), then the helicopter was simply mine .
The motor is a Outrage 4125-560 prototype ( they are now available from what i heard). The power is really more than enough, just look at Nick flying it, is it really necessary to add some power ? I had it setup at 2300 Rpm for the head but it's possible to go up to 2400.. But i feel it's not necessary at all.

The Outrage motor did fly 3:30 mn 3d with Andy at Fast Lad ( still my heli that was there in UK 2 weeks ago) and i " refueled" the Gens Ace 2600 mah lipos ony 1650 mah...

I fly now with Optipower lipos ( 2x6s) 3000 mAh which give me the best weight / power / Cg ratio and a really good margin regarding flight times. At 1800 RPM it's possible to achieve 10 mn flight without hassle for gentle flight ( perfect for beginner or learning smooth inverted, backwards....)

Here are the specs of the motor:

http://helidirect.com/erg-4125-560-o...or-p-24898.hdx

This motor runs very efficient and quiet, it does not heat up a lot and has plenty of power. The governor on the CC ice 2 was a bit low but well the heli did very well indeed

The spindle is 8mm and you ca use True blood dampeners if you want a harder head but then you will need to run at high speeds ( 2300 / 2400) to get the full benefits of it, the head has 3 o-ring for each side originally. We will have soon some harder dampeners in options for hardcore pilots.

I'm putting up a website for Hatz / Gryphon /Nexus within end of january with all manuals, tech specs, close pictures, spare list, small building and setup tips, news, dealers list, and a small tech support forum. I'll drop a message here when it will be on line.

Best regards,

Fabien
Old 12-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think you'll find the lack of dampening in the head is a Beam "thing".
Both the E4, the E4-A and the FBL heads all have VERY soft dampening that allows the disk to rock on the spindle. this is due to too narrow a head block, poor dampening materials and thin spindles.
Judging by the width of the avantgarde main rotor block I should imagine that it displays the same tendencies.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

there is not a lack of dampening material quality or too narrow hub thing, there is just a choice of medium / hard dampeners for the stock configuration, that will suit 98% of the flight styles.

If you have actually a Beam E6 rotor hub in your hands, then you will notice that it is the same size ( or very close) as many popular machines.

Then, if you want ultra hard dampening, just add some spacer or use aftermarket trueblood / KBDD / higher shore oRings and here you go . There are 3 Orings each side, Orings can be found in different shores ( hardness) so there is looot of room for finding each pilot's good match. It's also possible to compress the Orings a bit more by adding 0.5 mm additional spacers each side or even 1mm in extreme cases.

By the way, i did grease my dampeners (you can see it on the build log) and not only a little (lol), because i fly F3C style and like to have medium dampening, this also reduced the hardness of the dampening on my heli that Sean and Nick flown this week end. But well the machine did handle the job pretty well despite this

Best regards,
Fabien
Old 12-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was so happy to see Beam had made it to OHB 2011. It was quite unexpected but I was thrilled. You guys have made another top quality bird. Thanks for coming. Here is a video I took on Saturday about 2:30 in the afternoon (not sure who was piloting).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOT9X0cu3DQ[/ame]

Last edited by R32dubber; 12-13-2011 at 06:04 PM..
R32dubber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

it could have been Sean or Nick , when we were setting up the BEast X and the transmitter

Best regards,

Fabien

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in