Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwopd View Post
I spoke with Hobbyking personally...and they received a new updated batch of the Turnigy HV's. I see no problem with them...taking them appart and comparing them with the DS95's ..I will keep everyone updated..
FYI ... the Turnigy are not made by MKS. MKS ended ALL affiiliations with Turnigy/Hobby King and stopped selling to them when they built their North American dealer network.

I just recently discovered that they are a clone made in China, and despite similarities in looks, they are NOT made in the same plant / factory as MKS (made in Taiwan).

I have had some instances where these clone servos were causing wobbles and wags recently and replacing them with a quality servo solved the issues.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #62 (permalink)

All the Mks clone versions are made by Kst, then rebranded with different names.Not much choice if you want to run hv servos as Mks doesn't make any this size.I believe Aloft hobbies offers a one year warranty and their in the Usa.
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hyperion DH13 ....

For the tail though, I'd still recommend a high quality DS95i ... use a step down if you need to. They're small, light, and affordable.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
Hyperion DH13 ....

For the tail though, I'd still recommend a high quality DS95i ... use a step down if you need to. They're small, light, and affordable.
I like Hyperion servos but the fast ones use poly gears !
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: Skookum setups. Post yours please!

Hmm they have updated them? Good to hear. Keen to see if the 2 problem areas are fixed, pots and fet. I may swap out my mks 95/95i and give a set a try. I much prefer running HV direct off 2s packs. Maybe they have even updated the gears and will be stronger and ppl will upgrade there Mks servos with them

Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #66 (permalink)

I have 15 of the various kst versions,5 still work, the early batches wold break at the output shaft, the same place the mks 95 early versions broke.I had motors come loose inside( kst215), bad pots and fet's.I have 't bought any of the newer versions but with Alofts warranty it might be worth a try again!The hv specs, torque is better than the mks95.
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyant View Post
Hmm they have updated them? Good to hear. Keen to see if the 2 problem areas are fixed, pots and fet. I may swap out my mks 95/95i and give a set a try. I much prefer running HV direct off 2s packs. Maybe they have even updated the gears and will be stronger and ppl will upgrade there Mks servos with them

Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
I like Hyperion servos but the fast ones use poly gears !
You don't need high speed on cyclics. It's far more important that you have good torque and slop free gearing ... unless you're a pro pilot, you'd never feel the difference unless you're flying some serious hard smack 3D.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to use the DS95i or Spektrum H5020G(mini) on the tail..but did not know what step down to use to get to 6.0v from 7.4v output from my YGE 90LV BEC..???
Jeff?
So far the Turnigy's are working great...no problems..
vwopd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #69 (permalink)

Just use another kst 215 so there all hv, they work good on the tail.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am currently using the Turnigy HV's all around..
I had a Spektrum H5020G already..is why I was wanting to use it...being larger gears..great mini servo..etc
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwopd View Post
I was going to use the DS95i or Spektrum H5020G(mini) on the tail..but did not know what step down to use to get to 6.0v from 7.4v output from my YGE 90LV BEC..???
Jeff?
So far the Turnigy's are working great...no problems..
I can find out from Western Robotics if their tail step down will operate on higher voltages.

You may or may not experience issues with the Turnigy products, that's the problem. If you're one of the lucky ones, you got some from a good batch. If you're not .... well, you're buying them again. I own a Turnigy 85A esc that's in my Atom 500. Not a single issue with it to date. I have several Turnigy servos from over the years from testing, all have failed. It's so hit or miss with their stuff.

Alternatively, if you're knowledgeable, you could solder some 1N4S diodes in series to drop down to the desired voltage as well. I've done this a number of times in the past. (for liability reasons due to not knowing your skills soldering or knowledge on this type of stuff - I can't recommend this as an option unless you fully understand this and have the abilities to do this).
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at the WR ..but did not read that it would work from 7.4v to 6.0v...It would be nice to know though..

Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm on it! Stay tuned ...
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
Hyperion DH13 ....

Hey Jeff,

Did you mention the DH13 because it's HV capable or because it's a good helicopter servo or both? How's the precision and any slop in the gear train?
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotY View Post
Hey Jeff,

Did you mention the DH13 because it's HV capable or because it's a good helicopter servo or both? How's the precision and any slop in the gear train?
DH13 is a good 'value' servo .... it's of good quality for the price. My experience with Hyperion is very good, and I recommend the brand to anyone who can't afford the MKS products. Both the precision and slop while not on a level with MKS, are extremely good. You will also get better support due to a dealer network here in North America.

I've sold a number of Hyperion servos to customers on here, and I can't think of one who's ever had a bad experience with them to date. Most report (in addition to my own personal experience) that they perform like a higher end mid range servo at an entry level price.

Shogun71 uses them in his Atom 500. I think Graham (heathy) has used them in a number of his models as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #76 (permalink)

So the Hyperion servo dh13 fits the Warp?It's the right diamensions.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
So the Hyperion servo dh13 fits the Warp?It's the right diamensions.
I just got around to double checking the measurments ... I misread the chart. They are too long and won't work.

25mm in length is the limiting factor. I was reading a measurement from the wrong column on the chart. DANG!

I just scanned the entire catalogs from Savox, HiTec, Hyperion ... none of them have an HV servo that will fit. They are all around 27-29mm in length.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jeff:

Hitec HS 7235 MH is the only other HV servo I found in the mini size..but it's only .08/sec..w/great torque..

Im guessing it would be way to slow for the tail.???..It is a little smaller than most mini servos..
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might want to recheck those dimensions ... 32.4 x 16.8 x 32.8mm too big. They are bigger than the DH13's

Maximum servo length the frame accomodates is ~24.5mm. I measured the frame.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #80 (permalink)

So the Kst215/ Turnigy seems to be the only hv choice for cyclics if you want to go that way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in