Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2014, 05:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E7SE??

So I crashed my 7HV. It is not the kind of Heli that I would like to repair. So I am looking for a new kit, and as a big part of this hobby is to try new stuff, I am looking to try a E7SE.

My questions are:
- Is it still a good heli to buy? Any plans for an update or so and the E7SE will be superseded?
- Any known issues? fails?
- Any parts availibilty issues?
- What is the maximum HS for this heli?
- Where does this Heli stands quality wise?

Jad.
JadAl_87 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

JadAl,

Yes the E7SE is still a very good buy, I've flown a lot of helis, including the 7HV and Synergy flies like nothing else
Their are no issues with it, straight forward build
Parts availability is up there, Lots of dealers now (http://synergyrchelicopters.com/dealers/)
Max head speed, I don't really know because some people are cranking it up the the speed canopy (I've seen a guy run it at 2800)
Quality wise is what this heli is all about, you tell us once you compare to your 7HV.

The danger with Synergy helis is once you start flying one your other helis don't come out much anymore.
ClubCRASH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 05:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will also be comparing to the Diabolo. When quality comes into picture, the Diabolo is my benchmark.
Flying wise 7hv did good, however it came short.

I am thinking of the following setup (basically what I had on my 7hv):

Kosmik 160
Pyro 750-50
MKS
BD3sx

I read that no issues with fitting a kosmik. is it?

Jad.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

No sir, the Kosmik fits just fine. The E7SE is a high quality kit and very easy to work on. It flies very nicely, but of course you will have to draw the conclusions for yourself. I have flown Diabolo, Triabolo, and Henseleit. The E7SE is a great machine because not only does it fly extraordinarily well, it's a simple design with comparitively cheaper repair cost. I have had absolutely no problem with parts availability!
It's not belt, so it won't be quite as quiet as your Diabolo, and of course weight will depend on your setup, but its a way less complicated build than the Diabolo
Danny Dugger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

One more thing... you might look into the Progressive Dampening System that FBL Rotors sells to ultimately tune the feel to your liking and flying style
Old 11-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Get one! No upgrades necessary. Model flies great at low hs and is a monster at high hs. Great reps, and you can reach the owner for direct support if you ever needed to. Parts can be ordered direct from synergy. The se was just released last year as an update to the original e7. Shouldn't be going anywhere soon!
Old 11-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeko View Post
No sir, the Kosmik fits just fine. The E7SE is a high quality kit and very easy to work on. It flies very nicely, but of course you will have to draw the conclusions for yourself. I have flown Diabolo, Triabolo, and Henseleit. The E7SE is a great machine because not only does it fly extraordinarily well, it's a simple design with comparitively cheaper repair cost. I have had absolutely no problem with parts availability!
It's not belt, so it won't be quite as quiet as your Diabolo, and of course weight will depend on your setup, but its a way less complicated build than the Diabolo
Went through the manual...indeed will be a simple build. Few parts count and straight forward design is why I am considering this heli.

I will try it stock. I am not the most experienced builder but so far I built a Trex450, KDS550, TSA700, 7HV, DIABOLO . Never had a wobble problem though I try different HS. Dunno if i am lucky or a good builder

Jad.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It flies beautifully all stock, in fact my SE is still stock after a year of abuse. As said... no upgrades necessary, it's ready for a beating right out of the box!!! I think you will love it.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

how much is the clearance between the frames? That is what is the possible largest motor diameter?

kit comes with 11T spur?

Jad.

Last edited by JadAl_87; 11-02-2014 at 12:24 PM..
Old 11-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadAl_87 View Post
how much is the clearance between the frames? That is what is the possible largest motor diameter?

kit comes with 11T spur?
Yeah, it comes stock with the 11t spur for the 4.9:1 tail ratio. The frames will fit very large motors, I have the monster KDE 700xf-495 (which has a 56mm can) in mine. I'll have to measure when I get home to give you a real number.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just in case anyone isn't familiar with the scale of this motor... I've attached a pic of it next to a Scorpion 4525-520 Ultimate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130930_194010.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	546872  
Old 11-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I measure darn close to 62mm between the frames. The KDE fills it up pretty well, lol. I'm actually working on a Kosmik install myself and it's as if the ESC plate were made for it. I used some 2.5x14mm screws and stacked three washers under each corner to space the controller up enough to access everything without obstruction. The Kosmik will bolt directly to the hole pattern on the ESC tray.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141102_205410.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	546971   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141102_210557.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	546972   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141102_205738.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	546973  
Old 11-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

thank you for sharing the photos. will it be some clearance between the Kosmik and the canopy?

How is the CF frames quality? for example the 7hv was kind of poor in this area.

Jad.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's lots of room under the canopy, you could run a Cool Kosmik with a fan if you wanted to with room to spare. My frames are 2.1mm thick and seem to be good quality, but I'm no carbon expert. It's certainly more rigid than some offerings I've seen out there, these are tough helis.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have 2 of these helis. i fly the KDE 505kv, and the KDE 535KV motor in them. this one bad heli. with the 505KV, it is unboggable and so powerful it is actually scary...lol

no upgrades needed.

you may want to reconsider the BD3SX though if you are flying harder 3D. the elevator bounce that the unit exhibits really holds a pilot back from reaching his potential (IMO). for the record, i still fly 3 units myself, so i am not bashing, i am sharing my personal experience with the unit. what is ironic about it, my E7SE is the ONLY heli in my fleet with a BD3SX that doesnt bounce horribly though. it has a very very very small bounce.

i fly mine at 2050, 2150, and 2250HS. 2250 is my favorite.

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToFly1 View Post
i have 2 of these helis. i fly the KDE 505kv, and the KDE 535KV motor in them. this one bad heli. with the 505KV, it is unboggable and so powerful it is actually scary...lol

no upgrades needed.

you may want to reconsider the BD3SX though if you are flying harder 3D. the elevator bounce that the unit exhibits really holds a pilot back from reaching his potential (IMO). for the record, i still fly 3 units myself, so i am not bashing, i am sharing my personal experience with the unit. what is ironic about it, my E7SE is the ONLY heli in my fleet with a BD3SX that doesnt bounce horribly though. it has a very very very small bounce.

i fly mine at 2050, 2150, and 2250HS. 2250 is my favorite.
Have you tried the latest BD firmware? No more elevator bounce, and very locked in feeling. It's a huge improvement over all of the past versions. I think it flies very nicely now.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

So E7SE on the way!

The simple straight forward design of the Heli got me.

Will see if money well spent!

Jad.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Speaking from an E5 stand point I think it is well spent.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadAl_87 View Post
So E7SE on the way!

The simple straight forward design of the Heli got me.

Will see if money well spent!
Sweet!! Welcome to the Synergy family, keep us posted!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can only think of 1 upgrade for the E7se and that is the metal bellcrank from fbl are there more that I haven't heard of?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in