Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza H - gyro set up help

Hi,
I have been using BD3SX in my helis but now I decide to put together a TREX450 -with EC135 fuselage with fenestron and naza H
After a lot of work with wires (lots for a small heli), I start the programing.
I have read a lot of blogs, watched videos, but I couldn't find how I set up gyro gains?
I set up channel 7 for three way switch as they said, and I think now gear is the gyro control.
I'm using a DX9 with AR8000
any help is welcome

thanks in advance
zentiger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your asking about tail gyro gains, it's easy. The gains for the tail are set in the TX. Go to the GYRO setting in your tx. Make sure it's assigned to at least a 2 position switch, but I think the DX9 is already set to the gear channel and switch which is a 3 position. A good starting point is pos1 = 30.0 pos2 = 25.0 pos3 = -15.0.. I have seen these numbers be a good start in many different sized helis.

Now.. when you are in the software on the common page you well see Gyro at the bottom left. The number it shows will not be the same as in your tx.. they will be lower. Don't worry about it, it will be fine.

Here is were a lot of people get messed up. The Naza H requires mechanical bias to be adjusted into the tail rotor. Other FBL systems want you to set the tail blades to zero pitch in setup. With the Naza you need to a couple of degrees of pitch in the blades to counter the torque of the rotor. How this will work with a fenstrome I'm not sure. Anyway the closer you are to the tail holding in rate mode while in a hover.. the better the Naza will hold the tail. It doesn't have to be perfect cause most people use idle ups.. So choose an rpm that's in the middle of what you will be flying and the tail will work just fine.
All this is done outside of the software. The only thing done in software for the tail is tail servo frequencies, travel limits and reverse servo if needed.
Hope this helps.
StripedGear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip!
I'll try to program it tonight.
it is my first fenestron heli (I have a 5 blades head and 4 blades tail MD500), I do not know what to expect.
I added a speed up gear for the tail and set the blades a few degrees in to compesate the torque.
It fells like that it require a lot more torque to turn the blades than my MD500.
This new heli is a belt drive. (my MD500 is shaft drive)

thanks again
Old 05-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just did my first try and looks like that the tail is not holding.
I started with 30% in the gyro gain (DX9) and finished with 53% = 48% showing in the first naza H programTAB

first: how do I know if naza H is working ?? It is initialize three different colors lights (as the manual said) after that three green flash and went off. is it correct?

All the tail movements look correct, head spin clockwise, tail blades spin clockwise looking the helicopter sideways with nose to the right
(tails are located in the left side of the heli looking it from behind)

any suggestion???? I do not know what to do

thanks
Old 05-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have to setup the tail blades while in Rate mode. And the blades need to have some pitch mechanically put in. The blades can not be set to zero -0- pitch. It needs about 5 degrees of pitch toward the boom since they are on the left side. Then you can have gains at
pos1 30.0 HH1
pos2 25.0 HH2
pos3 -15.0 rate mode

And yes the naza is initializing correctly.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedGear View Post
You have to setup the tail blades while in Rate mode. And the blades need to have some pitch mechanically put in. The blades can not be set to zero -0- pitch. It needs about 5 degrees of pitch toward the boom since they are on the left side. Then you can have gains at
pos1 30.0 HH1
pos2 25.0 HH2
pos3 -15.0 rate mode

And yes the naza is initializing correctly.
I have set up the tail with a few degrees, with the lead edge towards to tail boom as you said
I did it mechanically, what you mean, need to set It in rate mode?
Do I need set it up with the helicopter on and the gain lower than 50%??
Another question: normally I use gyro gain around 70% for head hold mode and you suggested around 30%,why so low??? (I thought that lower than 50 is rare mode?)

Thanks
Old 05-12-2016, 06:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentiger View Post
I have set up the tail with a few degrees, with the lead edge towards to tail boom as you said

Wrong way.. Trailing edge towards the boom. The air will blow to the boom to counter the clockwise head rotation.

I did it mechanically, what you mean, need to set It in rate mode?
Do I need set it up with the helicopter on and the gain lower than 50%??

What Transmitter are you using?? Your Gear switch is a 2 position or 3 position switch. The number your enter for tail gain are for Heading Hold and Rate Mode. Rate node means that heading hold is turned off.... And in the naza software your see your HH% it also shows your Rate mode %... So while in rate mode you set the mechanical bias in the tail. You choose a head speed that you will fly and set the tail bias to counter the rotation manually. That way when you go to HH the naza doesn't have to work so hard to hold the tail.
Another question: normally I use gyro gain around 70% for head hold mode and you suggested around 30%,why so low??? (I thought that lower than 50 is rare mode?)

because the naza doesn't have to work so hard cause the tail is set correctly... the gains can then come down.

Thanks
Dennis
Old 05-12-2016, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI, an update !!
I have a success maiden fly today !!!
I recheck the tail set up and give a little more angle to counter react the main blade torque and "DONE" it was a huge difference

Now, next step
I'm flying with 100% gain in everything and I n
know that is not good, Any gain suggestion for flying scale ???

thanks a lot StripeGear for your help until now ;o)
Old 05-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is my heli (no fuselage yet)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0932.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	651906  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in