Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini Protos love...

Been flying the snot out of my Protos 500 and new Oxy 3 and loving them both... But the mini protos has been sitting on the shelf the past 2 months. Well, I decided to charge up a battery and show her some love. Man, I miss how quiet and stable she flies and it just put a smile on my face! Seems like forum activity has been down a little, but tell everyone what you've been doing with the mini protos and how much flight time she gets in your fleet!

Last edited by Selvag818; 07-20-2015 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: Typo
Selvag818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since I finished building my OXY 3 (about 4 weeks ago), I have only flown the OXY (loads), my 300CFX (once) and my Mini Protos (a lot, but not as much as the OXY - but the OXY is still new).

I have 4 different 450s, but the MIni Protos gets more flights than the rest of them combined, I love it (still)
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

This spring my Powelab charger had a firmware issue and between communicating with Revo, ordering an USB connector, re-flashing on a PC (Mac household) 2 months were gone without being able to fly anything bigger than my 200 size Gaui.

Now I´m a die hard micro fan (or so I thought), but even with the bigger helis grounded I did not fly them very much. As soon as the charger worked again I was back at my usual 2-3 sessions/week, flying the Mini Protos. Guess I´m spoiled
Old 07-23-2015, 07:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My mini will be getting some love this weekend.
Just gave it a brain transplant. Installed a neuron to try it out.
As some of you my mini has been shelved for a bit, built oxy been enjoying that as well as rest of my fleet. Mostly fly my larger helis lately, but always bring my p5 . This weekend I'll be flying my 3blade ox,y , my mini w neuron, and my p5,as always.
The mini should see most flight time this week and probably take the pmax for a good stretch before it gets its v2 conversion!
Make it a Protos day!
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tore some holes in the sky today with mine. I won't be able to fly for a couple weeks do to travel so I took a few machines to my local spot today. Flew the first flight at 2700rpm nice soft 3d......the mini flies so quiet and so graceful at low headspeed. It's almost dead silent. 2nd flight I cranked it to 3400rpm with 353s and it just rips. I took it once to a local club field - most of the guys there have x3s for their 450s but were very impressed with the Mini when I put it through its paces. Still a head turner.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mini P is my go to. Had mine for 18 months and no reason to look anywhere else for me... Curious what a refresh might bring (only rumored...) but I'm still 99% happy.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quiet here in the Mini Protos area. I fly mine about two or three times a week. It's capability is way beyond mine so it remains interesting. Fits on the front seat of my car to and from the field. Brilliant.
flyingw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Loving my mini today!, We had some 3/4" PVC poles up about 10 feet for slalom course for FPV. I decided to run with my mini P. Quite a tight little course but was great fun. THen,,,,,, I clipped a pole
Saw debris flying and my mini went down.
Walked out to see the carnage and to my surprise,,,,,,,,,,,
My Mini was in 1 piece!
Chopped up a 4f section of PVC, had a nick on my blade tip, busted Jesus bolt on main gear, little crack in canopy, and a plastic link on tail slider broke!

I was amazed! Guys at field could not believe my heli was in 1 piece.
Gotta love a Mini
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in