Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice, I hope to see a video soon! To make a desision
tf-zuid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Where's the Kyle video?"

Might be awhile. Kyle's been in China this past week competing at the 3D Masters Asian/Pacific Championship...and a day or so after he returns to the States, he leaves again for Brazil to fly at a big event down there.

So it might be sometime. Got to get a kit first

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dave,

Who was the test pilot for this bird? Doesn't sound like it was Kyle, was it?

Just curious.
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

We've known about the 480 for quite some time (couldn't talk about it of course), however, Kyle was not part of the testing / prototyping process on it. It was all done in Germany.

But, Kyle HAS been involved with some other projects yet to see the light of day. Can't talk about them either . But suffice it to say, Mikado has been busy, and some pretty cool stuff awaits in the future

Now before I get hammered and accused of frustrating guys by taunting them with unknown new Mikado products, keep in mind you don't need ME to conclude that Mikado has something new in the works. They always have, do now, and always will.

dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watching with interest on this one. Im not in the market for another heli this size but maybe in the future. I hope there is a bit of flexibility on the blade sizes like the others, upto 500mm would be cool.

Varelco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
We've known about the 480 for quite some time (couldn't talk about it of course), however, Kyle was not part of the testing / prototyping process on it. It was all done in Germany.

But, Kyle HAS been involved with some other projects yet to see the light of day. Can't talk about them either . But suffice it to say, Mikado has been busy, and some pretty cool stuff awaits in the future

Now before I get hammered and accused of frustrating guys by taunting them with unknown new Mikado products, keep in mind you don't need ME to conclude that Mikado has something new in the works. They always have, do now, and always will.

Do you know if this is a TT like the bigger xxtreme or is it a belt drive? Thanks

Last edited by fabian1675; 11-10-2013 at 11:13 AM..
fabian1675 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 480

looks just like a 400 se but with carbon frames and a extreme style canopy
iheliflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks to me like they did away with the tail gear to pulley and now have the belt going around the main like the larger logos.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian1675 View Post
Do you if this is a TT like the bigger xxtreme or is it belt drive? Thanks
Looks like it might be belt, I think I see idler pulleys in the canopy off photo. You wouldn't use them unless you were narrowing down the belt to run down the boom.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking at the head etc. it looks like a 550SX with a shortened boom and a carbon frame.
Bullfrog98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
"Where's the Kyle video?"

Might be awhile. Kyle's been in China this past week competing at the 3D Masters Asian/Pacific Championship...and a day or so after he returns to the States, he leaves again for Brazil to fly at a big event down there.

So it might be sometime. Got to get a kit first

Congratulations to Kyle for his win in Asia. Well done
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes does look good but mod .5 gear !!!! that's asking for trouble knowing the way people will jam a 600 size motor in there ....

looking forward to see more info on this
Old 11-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
yes does look good but mod .5 gear !!!! that's asking for trouble knowing the way people will jam a 600 size motor in there ....

It looks like the same main gear that the logo 500/600 uses so if it is you will be able to swap it out for the 0.7mod gear.
SMJT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post

Id imagine they did what they have done with the 600SX and increased the width of the gear to handle the extra power. Im sure being an 'Xxtreme' model they have done plenty of testing with it.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Logo 480 Xxtreme released in December!

I'm pretty sure the MOD .05 herringbone main gear is going to be a lot stronger than the logo 400 MOD 0.5 main gear.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, wider and herringbone. Much stronger. I don't see a counter bearing and 3rd shaft support though, that would make it bullet proof!

Regarding the comment about it being a 400SE with carbon frames, not right. By changing the power train they changed exactly what was wrong about the 400 a 400SE. The main gear to tail gear mesh which caused nightmares with vibration to many many people and the un-driven tail in autos. That change alone make it I'd say a 50% new heli. It's a BIG change offered by Mikado in this size.

Basically they kept what was already great: the same main rotor with new lower hub and mounted mixers and I bet the new damper system which is really great too + same tail which always worked great (probably with the new bigger screws system but not a problem in this heli size if it's the small version).

I think it's a great design if RTF weight and therefore disk loading is reasonable to avoid crazy rpm and low flight times. I'm curious to know if it will take just a bit bigger blades (500mm in case it is heavy and one wants to lower disk loading a bit) and why 72mm tail blades on a stretched 500 class heli. Those are small tail blades to cope with 470mm blades' torque. 77mm to 80mm would work perfectly and even 86mm would be a bit much but better than 72mm.

Those are my only concerns: RTF weight & possibility to use 500mm mains and 80mm/86mm tails together (if needed).

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

im interested to see how much parts are going to cost, mainly the cf frames.. seems like its pretty light.. my top 2 picks for a new heli would be this and a jr e6 550, looking at the weights the jr looks 200 grams heavier but uses 520mm blades..
michael88997 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

the JR is probably lighter or equal, but we wont know for sure until somebody posts the weight without lipos. The logo400 is around 1400grams while the E6 is around 1600grams. But the 480 will probably be heavier then the logo400.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah according to the site it says 2200 rtf with im guessing a 4000 pack so it seems if that is true the e6 is still lighter and has quite a bit more wing span.. only issue is the uncertain part support...

I do like the plastic on mikado cause its cheaper, if the cf frames are priced ok then that would be a plus, still don't like how the lipo sits on a toung, looks unprotected..

guess I will have to wait til more info on the mikado comes out to make my decision
michael88997 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still no extra pictures of a video of this heli..
tf-zuid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in