Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Futaba 9257 gets my vote. That's what I'm flying on my CF500 as well as on a 450 SEv2 and they work great.
Dumb Thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very good work, thanks *so much*. Even though the information is becoming a little bit outdated, I read and re-read this post several times. Got a 500 ESP with GP750 and DS520, and two TP packs.

I know all the great things that have been said about Zippy's, but I'm coming from a Belt CP that was also a "good deal", so I'm all about quality now.
jacobmarble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any one have suggestions for a T 500esp for good holding gyro and a servo to work with it. Just going to start a build and would like to get what I need to finish the Kit.
I'm new to the heli thing, so I would appreciate what ever help anyone could offer.
Big Weed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Futaba GY401 Gyro & Futaba 9257 rudder servo gets my vote.
Dumb Thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spartan Quark Aluminium + Align DS520

Hey!

I picked up my T-rex 500 in the postal office today, which I bought after quite a lot of research... And I`ve come to the conclusion that the Gyro is the last place you want to save money... So I would recommend buying the Spartan Quark gyro, not that it is expensive or anything, but it is just good, I bought the one with metal casing as it weight only 2grams more than the plastic one 8,2g vs 10,2g for metal case... Under 11 grams for a gyro is really good, and considering it would probably be on the "top5 heli gyro list" if there where such a list, and the price is under 200$ it is an easy choice. And it is really tiny so it would fit anywhere

Just look at this guy riding is T-rex 700 nitro with the Quark
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwHt6LyVBxQ[/ame]

For a servo I had 3 choice`s, The 130$ Futaba Brushless BLS251 tailservo (not sure, but i think this is full size and that it weigths like 60g, which is maybe a little down side, and there was the Futaba S9257 which is like 60-70USD, and the ALIGN DS520 which is delivered with some T-rex 500 esp combos, I decided to go for the DS520 as it seems like a smart choice... Align allways gives bang for the buck and it is constructed to handle 6.0V where the S9257 takes max 4.8V on paper, If im not 100% happy with the servo I will step up and get the BLS251 servo from Futaba.
ck90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, Thanks for the help. I was already leaning hard on the Quark, and it sure looks like it will do the Job. now if I could just feel good about a servo. I don't know if I will ever get into the 3-D stuff I just want it to be as stable as possible. getting a little long in the tooth and the reflexes are not what they use to be, but I want to still hang in there, and want to make the voltage thing as easy as possible. So with that, what do you suggest. Align DS520 do the job? or ???
Big Weed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

I just wanted to add my two cents to some improvement to this section. Lots of things were covered, but I noticed that nothing was mentioned on esc's and the current draws with different cell/mah/pinion configs. Also, I notice that many people only give configs for flying giant angry wasps, lol. Believe it or not, theres some of us who want to fly for 10, 15 or even 20 minutes on one pack, without stick banging, doing, tic-tocs, tornadoes, chaos and the like. So, has anyone experimented with long flight time setups? If so, what were all your configs?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just done a maiden on my 500 ESP so took it easy and got 10 minutes with the Turnigy 3000mAh 40C – cells were at 3.82v each. Pitch was -5, 0, +11 with a throttle curve of 0, 70, 100.
I’m expecting about 6 minutes with Idle1 (pitch -11, 0, +11 and throttle 100, 85, 100).
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Where can you buy Turnigy 3000mAh 40C

Does anyone know where you can buy these batteries? The seem to be the way to go and from what I'm reading they are just as good as the Hyperions. I hope.
djbgolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here it is

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s..._40C_Lipo_Pack

You have to wait though, because hobbycity seems to run out of stock on many items lately.
Friday is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice review,I like it!
Helis4me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck90 View Post
Hey!

I picked up my T-rex 500 in the postal office today, which I bought after quite a lot of research... And I`ve come to the conclusion that the Gyro is the last place you want to save money... So I would recommend buying the Spartan Quark gyro, not that it is expensive or anything, but it is just good, I bought the one with metal casing as it weight only 2grams more than the plastic one 8,2g vs 10,2g for metal case... Under 11 grams for a gyro is really good, and considering it would probably be on the "top5 heli gyro list" if there where such a list, and the price is under 200$ it is an easy choice. And it is really tiny so it would fit anywhere

Just look at this guy riding is T-rex 700 nitro with the Quark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwHt6LyVBxQ

For a servo I had 3 choice`s, The 130$ Futaba Brushless BLS251 tailservo (not sure, but i think this is full size and that it weigths like 60g, which is maybe a little down side, and there was the Futaba S9257 which is like 60-70USD, and the ALIGN DS520 which is delivered with some T-rex 500 esp combos, I decided to go for the DS520 as it seems like a smart choice... Align allways gives bang for the buck and it is constructed to handle 6.0V where the S9257 takes max 4.8V on paper, If im not 100% happy with the servo I will step up and get the BLS251 servo from Futaba.

GD son, WTK was that?!?!?! WTF was that? That was silly! That was almost unbelivable!
Holy S*&T! I don't even know if that inspired or depressed me.
Mike2112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you could put a Telebee gyro on Tareq's helis and he could still fly like that. Jeez he molested that T700!!
DVUSHELI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about the CY MINI-G? I have that on my ESP along with DS520, I have a very solid tail, and very good pyro rate. I would not go back to the 401.
wonderd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

excellent job!
G force is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW! He did everything but spit on it and call it a Whore THAT WAS AWSOME!!!!

(linked saved to favorites for inspiration)
trexasaurus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

The sticky now needs motor uprgrades/ choices section. Don't know the rex500 motor choices myself but i am interested to see some info on this.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice write up,lots of useful info.
Totality is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe I'll put an Align 500MX motor on mine,
when the time comes. I'll stick with the 500L for now.

Some write it's Align's best motor ever.

Cheers
Erik
Old 06-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not to hijack the post but, did anyone else see Tareq hit the dirt with the blades at 5:40??? And it didn't self destruct???!!! I just breath to damn hard and my 500 tips over and plays dead! The guys amazing.
The Devil must be a heli pilot, 'cause this guy definitely made a deal of some kind!
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in