Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well ace I work for a living so data woud be at home if logging is on. But no matter what I show you as you were not here your going to preach that x brand is better than y brand. Yet most use the exact same electronics. If logging was on I will pull the logs for you just so you can relax and get on with life.
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Spares are handy for testing, always. Shipping from the US vendors (ProgressiveRC, BuddyRC, etc) is usually within days. Parts shipped quickly, problems solved or progress made quickly, more time for flying....
Not so quick to canada but rotorquest has them. Mtour and I always want more airtime. Biggest problem is sharing the field as we both make use of alot of it. I have all kinds of balance leads just not one with fma pkugs for the pl6 or the paraboard used. Charger itself has been flawless up till a few weeks ago so I am sure it is just a bad cable then the ribbing will stop until one of us damages another piece of gear **e5 rekit in my case**. When all is working right again then we will be back to pointing flaws out on setup or something else. Never hurts to be able to carry on and tease a but when the flight packs are on the charger.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ace you asked, so here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtour View Post
Ok I will try not to complicate this too much...
Tried to charge them on a duo charger in parallel and one of the batts came off charge way out of balance (4.03,4.23,4.26.4.25,4.21,4.03).
This is the log from that charge cycle charger-1 attachment. Note the cell voltages are not what is stated.

The next charger1.jpg attachment has the cells farther out than is normal for any of my charging of the seven 3300mah packs I have. Which puts them way out from what I am used to seeing on my icharger duo.

Charger 3-1 and 3-2 show again far out of normal for my duo and the end voltage and the time it took to balance them back out. Normal charge time is 15 min for how I set it up for summer charging. These packs also ones that came off the pl6 and put on the duo due to constant wrong cell count errors.

I don't know what you consider normal cell voltage differences but I am used to seeing closer values. Feel free to take the I only have the best attitude and place it somewhere. I replied to this thread to have some fun with a friend I banter with about gear not argue over my toy is better than your toy attitudes.

Use what you like but don't bash what you don't use as most of it is just as good and sometimes better. Each brand will have duds and each has its own unique features. I would of bought a pl6 except the duo was the same price for 2 chargers in one as a single pl6 with paraboard when I priced it out. I have used mtour's charger before and find it just as suitable for charging as my duo. The second channel option on my duo is what sold me on it. The interface could be more user friendly and less menu loaded but I don't design it so I have to live with it. Both work, both do their jobs, and both will keep our heli's in the air hopefully for a few more years to come.

Now come to the darkside mtour, you know you want a dx18 gen 2 lol.

Can anyone tell me if the pins are the same size in the narrow plug of the pl6 as in a standard balance plug? If so we could just remove the pins from the casing and swap them out to test the wires. It is nice to have two chargers running to keep all our packs charged up for maximum flight time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	charger-1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	532104   Click image for larger version

Name:	charger1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	532105   Click image for larger version

Name:	charge 3-1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	532111   Click image for larger version

Name:	charge 3-2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	532112  
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger1973 View Post
Ace you asked, so here you go.

That's not the PL6 output I'm looking for. You said the PL6 caused the issue so lets see the PL6 in action.
Ace Dude is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mtour would have to provide that. It is his charger. You wanted logs. You got logs. So there you have it. You told me to provide my logs and I did. Accept it or not I really don't care. Nothing shown or said will sway your my toy is the best attitude. Product reliability and view of it is subjective to personal opinions which everyone has. Don't bash brand a because you bought brand b. Which from your pushing that it is impossible for a pl6 to have an issue tells me that you think bashing another brand that you probably never used is logical. I can say I used both. Both do a decent job, both have features that appeal to different people.

Fyi its hard to get a log on a pl6 that won't charge a single pack due to incorrect cell count. Which is probably the balance wire gone bad. It has a good reputation for being reliable but a bad wire will still cause an issue regardless of brand. How about stepping off your high horse that it is superior in every way. My opinion is itnis the same in a different case with a high price tag. So who's opinion matters? Neither really since I would still use either. Just comes down to which has the features I want for a price I am willing to pay. 60$ less and I would of had a pl6 instead of my duo. In the end it doesn't matter as both do the job.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

You said:

"Pl6 took them out of balance drastically and I have seen a cell or cells get over discharged from the pl6 not doing its job and saying they were charged."

I was just looking for evidence showing the PL6 doing that.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

We found the overdischarged cell after a flight. All other cells were higher. The wire issue was present at the time but would sporadically allow charging. I don't think it allowed proper balancing and I noticed what is in the logs taking 2 packs straight off the pl6 and putting them on my duo which balanced them back out. Atleast with my duo we can each use a side if need be until he gets a new cable.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

The PL6 cannot charge through the balance leads and if the lead wasn't connected it wouldn't be able to balance that node so I don't understand why it would have a voltage lower than the other cells.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

No crap sherlock. I didnt say it charges through the balance tap. If a balance tap is restricting flow it causes other issues. There have been a few posts about balance wires with all but one or two strands broke causing alot of issues.

I get it. You believe the pl6 is faultless. No one said it was bad, just wires. Give up the high stand already. The issue here has been seen by both me and mtour personally, so I really don't care if you believe it or not. The logs posted show two batts that were on the pl6, gave an error and put on the duo. Accept it or not. I did not bash on the pl6, but you act as if me stating (and now posted logs) as to what we saw here was a personal insult. Funny thing is I didn't take that stance when my duo was said to overcharge a batt which the logs show otherwise.

Enjoy life, I provided what you asked for. I am not bashing the pl6 like some do about the duo here. Good day, I am done trying to have a bit of fun with a friend.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger1973 View Post
I get it. You believe the pl6 is faultless.
No one ever said that.

I fully support razzing your buddy about which hardware he runs. It's fun with the right friends. My friends and I do the same thing all the time, even about these two charger brands. But please don't do it in the vendor support forum for a product. It's inappropriate and almost certain to draw defenders into the fray.

If anyone has evidence that a Powerlab improperly balanced a battery, we would certainly want to see that so it can be learned from. Anecdotal claims to that end are interesting, but unfortunately very difficult to act on. Does it happen? I've never seen it, though I'm sure it does. When it does, it would be great to have as much hard data as possible so as much can be done to prevent it as possible.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said hemp.

@Digger1973 - Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, I was just thinking out loud as to how the scenario you reported may have unfolded based on my knowledge of how the charger works and what you've reported.

Revolectrix takes safety very seriously so if there's a scenario that poses a safety issue they would like to know about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in