Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Broken Feathering shaft

I broke the feathering shaft and have not been able to find a replacement part for this, does anyone know where to get one?

thanks

Jon
Scottydog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I knew the second I would ask, I would find the parts:

http://www.helipal.com/shopping_cart.php?sort=5a
Scottydog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also available at http://clubheli.com/Walkera-4G3-MainRotorShaft.aspx
Weird that walkera calls it a main rotor shaft, even novus calls it a feather shaft.
miamiheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Angry

Sorry to hijack your thread. But what I dont understand is, how do I fix back the feathering shaft? I know I had to unscrew both side but when I want to put it back together, it just doesnt tighten anymore. Did I broke it or something? I just got my BL tail and metal parts. Been waiting for it for a week. And since this 'broken' feathering shaft, I have to wait for another week till my bird can fly again!
Shahrie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrie View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread. But what I dont understand is, how do I fix back the feathering shaft? I know I had to unscrew both side but when I want to put it back together, it just doesnt tighten anymore. Did I broke it or something? I just got my BL tail and metal parts. Been waiting for it for a week. And since this 'broken' feathering shaft, I have to wait for another week till my bird can fly again!

just becareful when it comes to screws on that bird. be very careful, as they can tend to easily strip. You could use glue, just a mild one not to much a very little amount just enough so that it will hold, but also enough for you to open it up later on. Good luck,
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey thks Walkera4G3! I actually did think of glueing it but afraid I cant take it out later. Oh well, since Ive ordered new feathering shafts, i might as well. I can always yank it out if need be. I'll go home and try it tonight. Thks again!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe just the screw is stripped rather than the internal thread of the feathering shaft? Try another screw.

I wouldn't glue or loktite it if the thread is stuffed. In all likelyhood the grip will leave the head mid flight and could really do some damage at the speed they spin at...maybe not to a wall but an eye etc.

Also if this happens the shaft will bend and all sorts of potential problems. Feathering shaft must me 100% imo.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ok, I wanted to glue it together but my mates told me not to. Luckily he has spare screws set and gave me one. After thorough checking, we realised indeed the screw broke.
Mind that I didn't force the screw out or anything. So advise, be extra gentle! These things are delicate. And get spare screws set just in case. And glueing it will make it messy on your shiny metal parts.... I guess.
Thks for the advise guys. Best thing though, I stiil have my eyes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in