Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thunder Tiger RL 1.00H Ringed Redline Helicopter Engine

I see it for sale at several hobby shops but none of them have any info about it. I'm building a 700 and I'm interested. Anyone know of a site with info? Thunder Tiger site doesn't have it on there at all that I can see. The price is right @ $299.
foolforspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I honastly would stay away from it in my own experiences with there engines i wouldnt waste my money. Get the YS or OS. TT not a very good track record for motors

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I can't complain about my OS 50 in my 600. It starts easy and runs great but I have been looking @ different options for my 700 just as I did with my 600. The guys @ the field recommend the YS 91 and my buddy @ jonsheliwerx is talking about the new YS 1.20. I just don't know if I want to spend that kinda money. I was curious to know if it has a fuel regulator like the YS.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do you have a link to them? I'll give it a go, the TT motors have plenty of grunt when you get to know them!
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBRBS&P=0
Old 12-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool

I guess we never got on a first name basis...TT have always been hit or miss with me. Would be interesting to see how well it does though.
chopperhawkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not expected in stock till late January which will give my bank balance time to recover from the big spend up I just had!
I am running a 91HZ at the moment and just ordered a 105HZR and pipe so I'll fly all three back to back.
Be kind of hard to get a good comparison since I only have two 700's so the 100 will have to go in the Vision or G4 but I should get a good idea of what it's got!
Ely.Q Vision 50
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any news on this??
BladeFartz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

got the 100 and the 105 in identical heli's and the RL100 eats the 105 with the same pipe (OS powerboost pipe) on both motors!
I need to try different pipes on both to see if the 105 can do better!
Ely.Q Vision 50
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Experience vs rumors ..

Hi,

Can't complain about any TT-engine I had, nor the ones I helped people to tune .. ok, one had a carb blocking, but after carefully re-installing the whole and implementing push-pull carb-system, no problem at all ..

A buddy of mine has a TT-100 RL engine with the genuine TT-muffler. Very simple to tune, 2-needles only and lots of power. Engine at pretty low carb-opening over-reved at 12 degrees collective ..

I had OS-engines as well and still have Yamada-engines (50s and 91s) - and can't confirm, that TT-engines are not state-of-the-art. IMO this is a misbelieve and sometimes even bad-mouth-intention, often people speaking about TTs didn't even owe one? There are:

- facts based on experience ..
- information on the web (mostly bad as people having a problem and putting some questions) ..
- unexperienced people but with lots of wisdom to change any screw within their reach ..
- people knowing people, that know people that heard from some people .. let's call this rumors ..

TT did two basic mistakes, when introducing the RL-53 engine:

- the hidden screw is not intended, nor should it be changed by most people ..
- asymmetrical carb fixation design lead to some carb blocking ..

Both issues can be easely avoided and since more than 2 years, any RL-53 I got into my hands to tune runned very nice and were easy to tune, not that easy as an OS-50 Hyper is to tune, but very easy.

Let's compare with other brands:

1.) OS: the OS-50 Hyper was the best engine, as OS seemed to keep most customers in mind - very easy to tune engine, nice power and having rubber cage-bearing-cage. Meanwhile OS jumped on a pretty unfavorable direction, it's more marketing than anything else:

- selling average Funtech mufflers as a Power-boost, at twice the price ..
- adding lots of complexity to its whole product range (carb-tuning wise) ..
- using metal-cages on their OS-55 Hype(r) engine ..
- copying Yamada with it's differentiation in the carb-system (me-too)

2.) Yamada: like this engines, unfortunatelly they jumped on the same waggon to offer complicated carbs for 50' size engines

Considering this trends, ever bigger, larger, more complexity and more expensive trends, the new generation of TT-engines are very well designed and placed

So anyone knowing a little about engines and how to tune, can't speak that bad of the new TT-engines, as they are that straight forward, the legendary OS-50 Hyper is/ was. Sure, I'm a freak in the sense not believing everything I heard, nor what rc-heliresource tells you, but the new TT-engines are real underdogs and definetly do not deserve, what some people try to put in peoples mind. If you have one and you are not that thumb, this engines will do an excellent job at reasonable money!

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: Pretty sure, some will now say, this is bashing .. the question is, how to bash the big-ones, meanwhile the customer-oriented underdog did an excellent job ?
PPS: BTW, OS-50 Hyper is prown to carb-blocking as well, I estimate about 10% to 20% of people experiencing this on an OS-50 hyper as well ..
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroAl View Post
got the 100 and the 105 in identical heli's and the RL100 eats the 105 with the same pipe (OS powerboost pipe) on both motors!
Talk to Mark with the 105 in his Rave and Raptor G4
He's using the Hatori pipe which is superior to the OS Powerboost

Gryphon field rep
Jafa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll be buying the redline HiFlow, hatori and MP7-105 in the next few weeks to try on both engines! I put the 700 in hard on the weekend and it wasted the OS pipe and tore a chunk out of the 105's case so it will take a while to get it all back together!
Ely.Q Vision 50
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome, you're not leaving any stone uncovered, covering all the bases

The crash must have been a decent hit - it happens...

Gryphon field rep
Jafa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroAl View Post
tore a chunk out of the 105's case
Holy cow! That must of been some hit. I'm sure you know this, but there are tools for deep soil sampling. You don't need to use your heli for such a task
Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any more info on this engine? What fuel running and % of nitro? Head shims on cp 30%?
Barry
Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use 30% RotorRage masters blend with all the supplied shims fitted and McCoy MC8 plug. The TT #3 works fine but the McCoy is better and easier for me to get, It also screws down flush with the inside of the combustion chamber!
I am looking at machining the combustion chamber in the near future so i can run just the thinnest shim and an OS plug on 30% and I should see a power increase- in theory!
Ely.Q Vision 50
Old 07-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks very much. Just the info I needed. Looks like I am going to run cool power 30% with all shims and TT plug for now, then change to os #8. I got the TT 3d pipe for the engine. I dont need all the power in the world, only reason for running 30% is thats what I run in my 600n.
Barry
Old 08-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor30_V1 View Post
PPS: BTW, OS-50 Hyper is prown to carb-blocking as well, I estimate about 10% to 20% of people experiencing this on an OS-50 hyper as well ..
I'm one of them. Costed about $210 to fix the problem(aka a new motor)
Old 08-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is you high needle settings on the TT 1.00 RL? I am starting with the 3 turns out to break the engine in. Get a few tanks through it and start leaning it out. Wondering what the range of the high needle is.
Barry
Old 02-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RED LINE 1.00 Helicopter Engine

I have a trex 600 and just bought a redline 1.00 engine will it fit on this engine fit on the trex 600?
Repoman210 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in