Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Saw it fly today...

Alan and Jason were flying it (FBL) at our fun fly and it was freaking awesome. They were also flying their nitros and the 700E looked more powerful. It seemed to stop exactly when and where they wanted it to.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

@dwesnor

Hi can you tell us a little bit more about their 700E Combo?

Has Alan still his brand new CC 125HV ESC?
What kind of BEC does he use?
Still the Align Lipos???

Would be nice if do you have more informations or pictures....

Tanks a lot

Marc
Speedy1661 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I did not take a real good look at it. They kept it in a truck bed with a bed cover over it. I think that was more to keep it out of the sun than to hide it, since the left the gate open and it was in plain view. The lipos were in black shrink wrap, so that's either Align or Mega Power as far as I know.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Saw it fly today...

It's the Ice. Packs are in clear shrink wrap, and he's flying the stock motor.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got home from the Huntsville FF myself.

I talked to Alan a little while about the 700E

Here's how his is set up:

Align motor (this is a Align production, not a re-tag)
CC110HV ESC
Thunder Power 5000mAh 45C bats x2
plastic servo wheels
Align 3G
V-blades main/tail

He beat it pretty good for 6 minutes solid, Motor was pretty hot, But not too hot.

The white stripe down the side of the heli is the actual battery tray slot. It's injected plastic molded to the frames.

The main shaft is different and unique to the 700E (the bearing block spacing is different) Lowering the head for better CG.

My impression is a very nice heli. Simplistic in design. Nothing really fancy. The big draw is going to be the removal/installation of the batteries. AND moreover the availability of the parts once it hits the market in full swing.
The pinion support is a nice touch.

One thing I did notice and ask him about was the elevator servo being directly next to the motor (about 1/8" clearance) Best he could say was "The plastic mount doesn't seem to transfer any heat to the servo" On that note, I would definately not reccommend using an aftermarket aluminum mount that could transfer the heat.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4407.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	151767  
Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

@MarkFlysHelis
Thanks for your Information!

So Alan just use the CC110HV ESC?
I Thought he use the brand new CC125HV which is not even on the market...
So when you are sure about the 110 that would mean that the CC110 is enough for the "normal" Pilot

Whats about the BEC? Does he use the normal Align BEC from the Rex 600?

And so he use the TP 5000 - 6SP45 Lipos = 155 x 51 x 47mm 801gramm..

Interresting is about the plastic servo mounts instead about the aluminium...
Are in the Combo normal the Aluminium mounts?

Thanks and i hope i can soon order the 3G Combo to Switzerland....
Old 04-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

why would Alan worry about plastic servo ars.
surely if he crashes and the servos break, Align would just build him a new heli?
tomcarpenter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

when i understand that right it's more the problem that the elevator servo is that close from his hot motor after his flight style, that with the aluminium mounts the servo is getting hot to!
But the plastic mount doesn't seem to transfer any heat to the servo....

so it's not the problem about a crash...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarpenter View Post
why would Alan worry about plastic servo arms.
Because Alan represents Align, and therefore voices the concerns of their customers.

Pete
ILoveMicroHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I will use the plastic arms as well. It's easier, faster and cheaper to repair the the plastic arm than to change the servo and redo the wiring and the ccpm setup.

Felipe
fmalzoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read that as being the servo mount, not the servo arm's. To be honest, I doubt an aluminium one would effect things anyway. The motor case spins anyway drawing air through it.

My Main concern would be that it may be very difficult to use upgrade motor's in this heli with the little clearence.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarpenter View Post
why would Alan worry about plastic servo arms?
surely if he crashes and the servos break, Align would just build him a new heli?
I think the high-profile representatives like Alan have to ride a fine line. They have to demonstrate impressive power and skill, and they also have to minimize the chances of damage to the demonstration models (whether it's their own or built from company spares).

Sure, Align could give him three helicopters to thrash and trash. A crash at a funfly can cost more than the cost of the parts. Would all of the funfly visitors walk away with a good impression of Align's product value if Alan ended up wrecking a "production line copy" of the new model?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

(duplicate post)
Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think it matter's if a pro pilot crashes. I actually enjoy seeing the "Machines" crash the machines. (not in a sick way ). Not only is it quite a reasonable expectation because they push the envelope so there is a fine line (F1 Drivers anyone?) but they also push the limits of the mechanics etc Eventually... something has to give. Whether it be physics break down... or good old Murphy's Law copping-a-bug-in-the-eye-at-the-wrong-time either way it doesnt damage the brand's image.

I feel... a "fully sick bro" flight ending with a spectacular crash could raise the impressions.
HoffY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalzoni View Post
I will use the plastic arms as well. It's easier, faster and cheaper to repair the the plastic arm than to change the servo and redo the wiring and the ccpm setup.

Felipe
Plastic servo arms doesn't guarantee that you will not strip your servo's. I have never owned any aluminum servo arms and yet I have stripped so many servo's I cant count them. The logic is good in thinking that you might have the horn strip or break before the gears but that isn't always the case. I can see the point though in thinking that with aluminum you are definitely going to take out the servo. I'm just making the point that plastic servo wheels will not save your servo's unless you get lucky. Often my servo's are stripped and the plastic arms are just perfect. I would fly the plastic ones also so I'm in agreement with you.
shannimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It will be much less likely to damage the servo gears using the plastic servo rods than using the metal ones. I think that Alan is using the plastic rods because it will be easier and faster to repair. Moreover there is no functional benefit in using the metal rods.

Felipe
fmalzoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
I think the high-profile representatives like Alan have to ride a fine line. They have to demonstrate impressive power and skill, and they also have to minimize the chances of damage to the demonstration models (whether it's their own or built from company spares).

Sure, Align could give him three helicopters to thrash and trash. A crash at a funfly can cost more than the cost of the parts. Would all of the funfly visitors walk away with a good impression of Align's product value if Alan ended up wrecking a "production line copy" of the new model?
LOL, you should go to some fun-flys. They beat the living snot out of the heli's and when they crash the crowd applauds. (not for the crash, but for the show)

Szabo just about tore the 700e up in Huntsville during the auto contest. Rolled it off the table they were supposed to land on.

The people there have common sense and realize that when the pro's eat it, there's not a negative reflection on their machines. But an appreciation on how willing they are to push the envelope for the crowd!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Alan was willing to try to land on the table during the autorotation competition. He didn't make it. Put the front of the skids on the table but couldn't get enough of the heli there to keep it from dropping. Irony is that right before he started the competition, I said "I don't think he's allowed to break this one." But clearly either he was, or he didn't care.

You would have had to have been there to understand his fearlessness with this heli. Flying circles he was making passes 4 feet in front of his face, 60mph or more. We were 20 feet behind him and we winced when the heli was coming at us. It was an impressive performance that you won't get just by watching the videos. At the same time he was flying to show off the product, he was also flying for the pure joy of it. Hats off.

I think Alan sold enough 700E's to pay his keep last weekend. That thing is an off-the-shelf monster.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

dwesner,

Gosh i hope there is a video of that auto laying around!
HoffY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Saw it fly today...

There is, but I don't know who has it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in