Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X50E Owners, please a feedback

Hi All,

After having been afraid of the MOD 0.8 used on the X50E, I have to say that this machine seem to be pretty reliable.
I'm considering one ... maybe ...

any feedbacks about reliability of drive train, weight of the machine and how the mechanic stands in time ?

Thanks for your help guys
Flydynamics is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have about 40 flights on mine with all sport flying with the hardest thing I do to the drivetrain is punch outs so far. This heli has performed flawlessly from day 1 and I am by no means an expert with these things.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got one sitting a box still. The plan is to replace the Fusion50 with it once it croaks. Taking longer than I expected.

The design looks pretty stout. Solid gear train. Main gear looks decently beefy. I plan to run mine with a 4225-550. Probably run a tight mesh.

I'll say this - forums for this model are completely dead. Doesn't seem this model has picked up any interest in the US. Doesn't help that parts seem to come from very limited distributors..

I'm very rough on my machines at times, so I'm interested in how it holds up. Seems like Nick Maxwell is happy with his.

I'm a big fan of saddle packs. This is what got me interested in acquiring one.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mod .8 seems to ve ok
The mechanic is quite reliable
Problem: getting pinu pinsions isnt that easy. You can get 12 to 16t for 5+6mm shaftd easily. Others are hard to get.

The main advantage compared to other rc helicopters is that you can change batteries without removing the canopy.
almigurt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

the longer i have had my x50e the more i've come to like it, and fly it

my Set up
hkII-4225-610 14t pinion
radix 600mm v2
edge 92mm se tails
2050-2150rpm on head
TP 10s 4400mah and 3850mah 65c packs
SK540 gov with ice 120hv
WR BEC
BlS255hv, BlS251
timer set to 6 mins, for general flying, 8 time out of 10 i land sooner
it flys great, the gear train holds up fine, no problems, its well made

nick maxwell runs a 4525-520 ULTIMATE in his
navyraptor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think its the green stock Canopy that kills its popularity. I mean, who wants that stock canopy? Cosmetic appeal has a lot to do with buying stuff and they major messed up on this one. I still want one regardless and plan to paint my canopy. Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of canopy options available for this machine.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
I think its the green stock Canopy that kills its popularity. I mean, who wants that stock canopy? Cosmetic appeal has a lot to do with buying stuff and they major messed up on this one. I still want one regardless and plan to paint my canopy. Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of canopy options available for this machine.
Yah, but its super light plastic, and pretty sparkly. Better in person.

But I agree the overall cosmetics aren't great. Overall not a very appealing look. Tail servo is a bit funky. But the machine looks very light and stout. Should be an awesome beater.

All this talk and I just decided to bolt mine together and fly it. Just need servos and an ikon to get it airborne.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thx for your inputs guys ... much appreciated.
I understand for some ppl, sexy canopy is important ... I like a RELIABLE machine in time .... I like the look of the X50, since the nitro version and like the green canopy ... I also like a LOT the fact that this machine is light ... I think the actual trend is tu cut the boom and put big motor in the new 600/635 generation ... not a big fan of this kind of philosophy ...
I'll have to make up my mind between this machine and the G500 ... or maybe both ;-)
Flydynamics is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the entire design of the heli and loved the Titan X50N and wanted it originally but can't bring myself to needing a 35 dollar gallon of Nitro every Saturday, not now anyway. That would far surpass the cost of lipos in time if you add that up for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun34 View Post
I understand for some ppl, sexy canopy is important ... I like a RELIABLE machine in time .... I like the look of the X50, since the nitro version and like the green canopy ... I also like a LOT the fact that this machine is light ... I think the actual trend is tu cut the boom and put big motor in the new 600/635 generation ... not a big fan of this kind of philosophy ...
I'll have to make up my mind between this machine and the G500 ... or maybe both ;-)
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun34 View Post
I plan on having the G500 by this fall so I will have both also
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a very impressive vid of the X50e being flown by a kid (at the time) who can really put it to the test, Alon Barak. If there is any doubt about the X50e's ability to perform in capable hands this should alleviate all doubts.

Last edited by Bladecpnitro; 02-19-2013 at 07:04 AM..
Bladecpnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in